Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Organometallic View Post
    I agree with this, it was beautiful. As my friend said, it was like the Colorado of the galaxy.

But the NPCs, amagad. I wanted to murder every single person I talked to as an Assassin. Maybe everyone is a little less obnoxious on the Republic side? Just made me think of some of the disgusting people in the US political system and left a bad taste in my mouth.
    On Republic, you're fighting for House Organa, so there's at least that loose connection to the films to make it a little more palatable. I can see how the rest of the planet would be a snoozefest for Empire.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    On Republic, you're fighting for House Organa, so there's at least that loose connection to the films to make it a little more palatable. I can see how the rest of the planet would be a snoozefest for Empire.
    For Imps, you're fighting against house Organa, so there's still the connection. My only complaint, as with several other planets, is that you can finish your class quest and still have like 123105705 more planet quests to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    [..]My only complaint, as with several other planets, is that you can finish your class quest and still have like 123105705 more planet quests to do.
    I know it irks all the completionist type of people (I have a friend who feels he MUST do all the quests) but the beauty / luxury of having too many quests is that you can refuse the ones that do not fit your character, from a roleplaying point of view. It also add to the replayability of the game when rerolling alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    This is how every single quest on this planet goes:

- Total Stranger! Do this vital mission or our effort on this world is DOOMED!
    - Okay, sure... Done.
    - Great job! We are beating against our enemies! Now do this other vital mission or everything you've done so far will be for nothing.
    - Wow, your enemies must be pretty tough. I'll do it for you. Aaaand ... done.
    - Amazing! Our troops are pushing back the enemy as we speak! Now do this one more vital job.
    - Wait, don't you have, like, an army at your disposal? Aren't we beating the enemy already? Why doesn't army do it?
    - Oh, but this job is absolutely vital!!! Like, SUDDENLY, our enemy has this new super ability and if you don't neutralize it, we are DOOMED!
    - Oh man... done.
    - AWESOMESAUCE! We've, like, ALMOST defeated our enemy! Now you just need to do one more vital mission!
    - Really?
    - Yes! Our enemy's got super secret super reserves! If you don't destroy them, this entire war is DOOMED!
    - You gotta be kidding me. You are the most pathetic and impotent fighting force in the galaxy. I get a feeling that one day someone is gonna get so frustrated with you, he will just blast your entire damn planet to tiny bits.
    I have a feeling you do not understand quite how warfare works.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanir View Post
    I know it irks all the completionist type of people (I have a friend who feels he MUST do all the quests) but the beauty / luxury of having too many quests is that you can refuse the ones that do not fit your character, from a roleplaying point of view. It also add to the replayability of the game when rerolling alts.
    It's actually not quite so easy. I made a mistake with my first character, a sith assassin. I used stealth too much.

I finished every quest, and every bonus series on every planet. I did every flashpoint as I first got the quest. I did every space mission as it became available. I didn't do warzones, because I didn't want to jump into the PvP grind quite so soon.

Turns out, stealthing past everything makes you 3-4 levels below your current quests when you get to level 40 or so.

My second character, a BH merc, couldn't stealth past things. I didn't finish every quest on every planet. Yet I was at or above the required level for my current quests (except for Mako's companion quests... I think she has it in for me. She gave me a level 30 quest when I was like level 20, a level 40 quest when I was level 30, and a level 48 quest when I was level 40... grrr).

Deleted
    I don't mind being a hero. But I just can't feel like a hero when I'm rescuing utterly incompetent morons. It's like the whole planet suffered brain damage due to some kind of sun radiation or something.

One of the first quests has you recapture three huge defense towers, that are a huge threat to good guys but apparently weren't even USED against the bad guys so far. What kind of retarded general built them in the first place is beyond me. Also, apparently after destroying the bad guys weapons, communication network, allies, and capturing their general, our side STILL on the brink of loss. WHAT THE HELL?

It's like some guy delivering Hitler's body to London during WW2 and Allies just say "This was a great move for us, but while Nazis have those five tanks defending Berlin, we don't stand a chance!" And then the guy destroys those tanks and Allies say "Oh, but they planted some landmines too, if you don't defuse them we will NEVER capture Berlin!"

By the way, apparently this is also entire Jedi Knight's storyline for Act 1.

EDIT: Perhaps this wouldn't be so much of an issue if the effects of character's actions could actually be seen in the world in some way. As much as I'm iffy about overuse of phasing in WoW, I think similar technology would have improved the questing experience considerably here. Firelands daily quests come to mind - sure, they were repetitive, but seeing that tree grow as you progressed with the offensive was somehow incredibly satisfying to me.
    I agree with most of what you say here, but in fairness the guy you're going after in the JK story has access to comprised Republic Superweapons; each one potentially capable of handing victory to the Empire in some form or other. So the string of vital missions here makes a bit more sense at least.

The worst example I can think of is Empire side Balmorra. You complete the main quest and thwart the Republic backed invasion and cripple the resistance. Next thing you know some guy is in your face going "YOU GOTTA HELP US, THE RESISTANCE IS KICKING OUR SORRY ASSES SOMEHOW EVEN THOUGH YOU JUST BASICALLY WIPED THEM OUT". Made me facedesk.

I really couldnt be pissed to do much questing on Alderan, mainly because the whole fucking planet gets blown to smitherines.

It's like some guy delivering Hitler's body to London during WW2 and Allies just say "This was a great move for us, but while Nazis have those five tanks defending Berlin, we don't stand a chance!" And then the guy destroys those tanks and Allies say "Oh, but they planted some landmines too, if you don't defuse them we will NEVER capture Berlin!"

By the way, apparently this is also entire Jedi Knight's storyline for Act 1.
    As a trooper at least, the whole game feels a bit like that. Every republic npc in charge is either pathetic, incompetent or corrupt, or all three at once. I think the writers did a bit of lampshade hanging in Hoth, when you have the chance to demote the lieutenet that was in charge of the planet's defenses. The strange thing is that the game gives you dark side points for that; it's evident that sending that idiot to clean latrines for the rest of his career you're saving a lot of lives.

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post

OT nice planet. meh quests.
    this is my opinion on Alderaan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    As a trooper at least, the whole game feels a bit like that. Every republic npc in charge is either pathetic, incompetent or corrupt, or all three at once. I think the writers did a bit of lampshade hanging in Hoth, when you have the chance to demote the lieutenet that was in charge of the planet's defenses. The strange thing is that the game gives you dark side points for that; it's evident that sending that idiot to clean latrines for the rest of his career you're saving a lot of lives.
    Don't get me started on Trooper morality. I think BioWare hate soldiers. Every choice that promotes duty and honor is Dark Side. This isn't even funny anymore. Ask AWOL soldiers to return to duty - DARK SIDE! Return stolen medicine to wounded soldiers - DARK SIDE!

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by viciouss View Post
    I have a feeling you do not understand quite how warfare works.
    Do you? Enlighten me.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Don't get me started on Trooper morality. I think BioWare hate soldiers. Every choice that promotes duty and honor is Dark Side. This isn't even funny anymore. Ask AWOL soldiers to return to duty - DARK SIDE! Return stolen medicine to wounded soldiers - DARK SIDE!
    Heh. On the Imps side, you get some things that seem backwards too. I won't specify which story quest it was for, but it went something like...

[Spare him] -- dark side
    [Kill him] -- light side.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 09:10 PM ----------

Do you? Enlighten me.
    Just saying that when you foil one attack by the enemy they do not just pack up and leave. It is also good to keep in mind that on most of the planets the battle is at a stalemate and you are the one turning the tide. So if they have a attack plan at one point and you drive them back do you think they would keep attacking in what seems to be a losing battle, or regroup and try to hit the enemy off guard or somewhere that because of recent events they are at a disadvantage?
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Here's a fun drinking game for you guys; every time someone says the word "house" on Alderaan, you have to take a drink. Coincidentally, this works for Game of Thrones,too.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDellJack View Post
    Here's a fun drinking game for you guys; every time someone says the word "house" on Alderaan, you have to take a drink. Coincidentally, this works for Game of Thrones,too.
    lol, I played a similar game while leveling my sith inquisitor. Whenever my character said "murder" I took a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I personally didnt care for the bureaucracy of Alderaan. I out leveled the planet fairly fast and left them to die...
    i stayed and killed them. :)

at this point in the game though i was spacebaring most of the none class quests so i probably wasnt as annoyed w/ the quests as much everyone else. i was personally more annoyed by taris. hate that place w/ a passion.

My gf is playing JK. She says her story started fine, but now it's almost cringeworthy.

[SPOILERS]

EVERY SINGLE PLANET she visits has the same story - republic worked on a supersecret weapon project, abandoned it, it was captured by Sith and is now threatening the republic. First time, it was fun. Second time it was fine. THIRD TIME it's annoying and stupid. You feel like the side you are fighting for doesn't actually want to win the damn war.
    pretty much the same for consulars. go to planet, find corrupted jedi master, shield them for light side points, or kill for dark side.

as far as alderaan i enjoyed it. reminded me of skyrim, especially the summit area, though idk if that's consular only. also you get manta rays instead of taxi cabs.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    but once I got to Corellia, I felt like that more than made up for it and I really enjoyed that planet.
    I really liked Corellia, except for the JC story. I mean, first they created the 16 GH's and designed them so that each individual GH could be used as an impenetrable bastion to retake Corellia. Then they were filled with the most powerful bad guys available. And then you and a few friends break into 3 of these impenetrable bastions[I] just like that[/I]. Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that's it. You ignore the other 13 GH's that were specifically designed to not only be impenetrable and hold out against the entire Imperial Army, but also to be used as staging grounds to retake the planet. And that are now filled with powerful Sith. [I]All over the planet.[/I] Impenetrably.

But yeah, Hi-5's all around guys! Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by syn1k View Post
    i stayed and killed them.

at this point in the game though i was spacebaring most of the none class quests so i probably wasnt as annoyed w/ the quests as much everyone else. i was personally more annoyed by taris. hate that place w/ a passion.
    Yeah... Taris is probably my least favorite (damn crashed space ships making me take crazy long routes to things, plus terrible quest flow). Also hate Hoth... all the white makes me feel like I should put on sun glasses just to play the game.

Deleted
    Only thing I disliked about Alderaan was the god damn insects, I hate insects... But I loved the ending of my BH storyline there though, my BH had quite a pleasant evening before leaving the planet... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Yeah... Taris is probably my least favorite (damn crashed space ships making me take crazy long routes to things, plus terrible quest flow). Also hate Hoth... all the white makes me feel like I should put on sun glasses just to play the game.
    See, I loved the ice of Hoth. Quests were okay, but the look was great. Also thought Belsavis was a very pretty world with pretty animals, but the long enemy riddled paths were just too irritating.