10+ Year Old Account

Assassin vs. Assassin Duels. Zybak vs. Jerk (Deception Spec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXw5s7ZsLt0

A tips and tricks video on how to beat Deception Assassins as a Deception Assassin. In the video I duel Jerk who is the best Assassin on our server, he has full Battlemaster gear and is nearly valor rank 80.

If you aren't familiar with Assassin abilities I would recommend using TORhead.com to look up what they are, you have equivalents as a Jedi Shadow.

I would describe everything in text below but that would be pretty impossible to understand.
    Arms Warrior PvP + TONS of Wildstar videos when the NDA gets dropped.

http://www.youtube.com/ZybakTV

oh hai you guys still playing?

havent seen Jerk in The Pit lately

Questions for the OP as a wannabe Assassin.

What about Maul? Obviously your more of a pro then i am but Maul hits really hard for me (usually 3k+) and costs little enegry with the proc, and its impossible to avoid having at least one point in the proc talent. It's also fairly easy to use in a 1v1 i find.

Also, Recklessness + Force Lightning. Is this worth ever using? Being low level i find it absolutely orgasmically good to end a fight with, however should it only ever be used for Discharge + Shock at later levels?

Last, is pure deception DEFINATELY the way to go in WZ, or does a darkness heavy spec work at all? I made this spec on the talent calculator and i thought it looked pretty cool, but im not high enough level to actually try it. (Although if it turns out that Maul is awful then i suppose you could move the points from the Maul talent into Dark Embrace?)

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...2de8fe3f2df16:

The idea is that it has okay damage with Thrash and Shock being used together, but also much more utility via Force Pull, more and better Force Speeds and Shrouds, etc.
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-02-10 at 05:02 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Questions for the OP as a wannabe Assassin.

What about Maul? Obviously your more of a pro then i am but Maul hits really hard for me (usually 3k+) and costs little enegry with the proc, and its impossible to avoid having at least one point in the proc talent. It's also fairly easy to use in a 1v1 i find.

Also, Recklessness + Force Lightning. Is this worth ever using? Being low level i find it absolutely orgasmically good to end a fight with, however should it only ever be used for Discharge + Shock at later levels?

Last, is pure deception DEFINATELY the way to go in WZ, or does a darkness heavy spec work at all? I made this spec on the talent calculator and i thought it looked pretty cool, but im not high enough level to actually try it. (Although if it turns out that Maul is awful then i suppose you could move the points from the Maul talent into Dark Embrace?)

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...2de8fe3f2df16:

The idea is that it has okay damage with Thrash and Shock being used together, but also much more utility via Force Pull, more and better Force Speeds and Shrouds, etc.
    Maul is very buggy and is hard to pull off in duels due to the really bad animation and server lag, if you can you should definitely use it when you get a proc (like in Huttball for example)

I don't really use force lightning much and save my recklessness stacks for shocks and discharge, the damage from shock and discharge goes up a lot once you get a bit more gear.

I can't really comment on Darkness since I've never played it. Some of my guildies are saying they really like it though. I'd say give it a shot.

Last, is pure deception DEFINATELY the way to go in WZ, or does a darkness heavy spec work at all?
    This is one of the things I love about Assassins. It doesn't matter if you're darkness, deception, or madness, each spec is just as viable as the next with a proper build. Every spec has different strengths and weaknesses, but it's all balanced out fairly well.

I've played all 3 quite a bit in WZs and I like each spec, it just depends on my mood for which spec I want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    This is one of the things I love about Assassins. It doesn't matter if you're darkness, deception, or madness, each spec is just as viable as the next with a proper build. Every spec has different strengths and weaknesses, but it's all balanced out fairly well.

I've played all 3 quite a bit in WZs and I like each spec, it just depends on my mood for which spec I want to play.
    Yea definitely, I'd say SWTOR has pretty good class/spec balance thus far. The game still needs a lot of work though.

Deleted
    Dueling assassins? Better bring some aoe and a whole lot of luck for when they vanish like a chicken.

In what way is Maul buggy?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

In what way is Maul buggy?
    I wouldn't say buggy, it's more like a server side lag where on your screen it looks like you are behind your target but you're still unable to use Maul, which can often cause a wasted gcd if you don't react quickly to it not working.
    Last edited by Shaina; 2012-02-11 at 05:31 PM.

Ah, yeah i have experienced this. Kinda have to deal with it myself >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda boring, TBH, but good info nonetheless. Each match came down to the same thing: whoever gets the most use out of Seethe won most of the time.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

I don't really understand why anyone would want to play deception over darkness. Decep is squishy as hell, and has damn near zero utility. Don't get me wrong. I hate playing darkness, but playing dark in all dps gear feels so much more viable and worthwhile to me.

Edit: Zybak let's meet up at buffalo wild wings one day, I live hella close to you haha

I think its because Deception has so much more burst and Assassin has fairly good survability anyway?

Deleted
    Zybak, I'm following you for some time now and I really like you videos. It's great that good pvpers like you have joined the game. I believe that competitive pvp will make this game better. It's too early for most people to know their class from the inside out and you just provided some insight of your rotation and helped us with smart uses of game mechanics.

Keep the good work, I have subscribed and I'm looking forward for more videos

I think its because Deception has so much more burst and Assassin has fairly good survability anyway?
    Survivability isn't too bad once you get around 500-600 expertise.

Even though darkness does a good amount of damage it's not as high as deception or madness. When you encounter someone that can heal it can be impossible to kill them.

Deception has no ramp up time, kills people the fastest, but it's the squishiest spec.

Madness has a ramp up time with the dots, but it has more survivability than deception. With the new change to discharge with lightning charge I like to put discharge on a couple people. Like if I'm in a 2v2 fight I like to put discharge on both people, creeping terror on 1 person, then I'll attack the person that doesn't have creeping terror on them. When creeping terror comes off CD I put it on the person I'm attacking that doesn't have it already, and always try to get death field to hit more than 1 person. The spec is good for putting pressure on a couple people, and it can still be very effective for burning a single person down.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-02-12 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Survivability isn't too bad once you get around 500-600 expertise.

Even though darkness does a good amount of damage it's not as high as deception or madness. When you encounter someone that can heal it can be impossible to kill them.

Deception has no ramp up time, kills people the fastest, but it's the squishiest spec.

Madness has a ramp up time with the dots, but it has more survivability than deception. With the new change to discharge with lightning charge I like to put discharge on a couple people. Like if I'm in a 2v2 fight I like to put discharge on both people, creeping terror on 1 person, then I'll attack the person that doesn't have creeping terror on them. When creeping terror comes off CD I put it on the person I'm attacking that doesn't have it already, and always try to get death field to hit more than 1 person. The spec is good for putting pressure on a couple people, and it can still be very effective for burning a single person down.
    I was talking about Darkness (the tank spec) played in dps gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Zybak, I'm following you for some time now and I really like you videos. It's great that good pvpers like you have joined the game. I believe that competitive pvp will make this game better. It's too early for most people to know their class from the inside out and you just provided some insight of your rotation and helped us with smart uses of game mechanics.

Keep the good work, I have subscribed and I'm looking forward for more videos

Awesome, I've been thinking about doing a meetup this summer when everyone gets out of school, glad you're liking the videos

Well I tried Zybak....but I cancelled my sub today. I'm just bored. I'm back to WoW full time, lol. I might come back at the next expansion or major patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lasheric View Post
    Well I tried Zybak....but I cancelled my sub today. I'm just bored. I'm back to WoW full time, lol. I might come back at the next expansion or major patch.
    Yea the game is pretty dull atm pvp wise, I most likely won't go back to WoW though. I'll probably just play other games until *hopefully* some better PvP content comes out