I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Pistol/Rifle sounds?

I love the way the pistols sound in the game, they remind me a lot of a black powder cap and ball pistol, but so far every pistol and rifle sound the same. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there will be different sounds for different firearms in the game?

PS- Saying they sound the same is not a complaint in the least (cause they sound damn good in the videos I've watched), just general curiosity.

I love the way they sound as well, but I don't know about weapons sounding differently.

Some people will get tired of the noises at some point, so I'm curious if ANet will implement a way to customize weapon sounds similar to their custom music playlist system.

Deleted
    sry a little off topic but still about the guns, but the particle effects when shooting said gun/rifle, needs to be taken down imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope that someday there will be rifle sound files we can replace the default ones with, or at least mix them up with some kind of sound randomizer.

Either way, I love the way they sound right now. Very powerful and old-styled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I do hope that someday there will be rifle sound files we can replace the default ones with, or at least mix them up with some kind of sound randomizer.

Either way, I love the way they sound right now. Very powerful and old-styled.

I'd enjoy a randomizer of sorts. Like 10 different shot sounds from the same weapon, and each time you attack it's a random one. Currently I think it's all the same.

I've never been a colossal fan of guns in fantasy games either way (though I do realize and respect how well they fit into GW/WoW lore, I just dislike them), but I do enjoy the way they sound. As in, I will be thrilled when the engineer next to me is firing off loud, booming shots, and I will tolerate it when one enters my hands because it ends up being better for the task at hand than my longbow. (Warriors can use longbows, right? I haven't really looked at the warrior weapons beyond the hammer/mace/sword/greatsword/axe/shield)

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I've never been a colossal fan of guns in fantasy games either way (though I do realize and respect how well they fit into GW/WoW lore, I just dislike them), but I do enjoy the way they sound. As in, I will be thrilled when the engineer next to me is firing off loud, booming shots, and I will tolerate it when one enters my hands because it ends up being better for the task at hand than my longbow. (Warriors can use longbows, right? I haven't really looked at the warrior weapons beyond the hammer/mace/sword/greatsword/axe/shield)
    Warriors use long bows.

This is the first game I'm actually looking forward to using a gun. In every other MMO I avoid them like the plague. The sound of these is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Warriors use long bows.

This is the first game I'm actually looking forward to using a gun. In every other MMO I avoid them like the plague. The sound of these is amazing.
    Thought so. Warriors are pretty 'master of arms' in pretty much every game.