Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Beta threads being deleted on blizz forums

Seems blizzard is getting annoyed with all the no beta club threads, especially mine which quoted them on the invite priority and providing proof that they're lying. Posted the below on Blizzards forums and it was deleted in less than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by 42534712699
    Anyways you can tell us what all you look for when you Invite?

Besides How old account is and when we purchased AP?
    Annual Pass is a guaranteed entry, there is no consideration made beyond cumulative subscription time and when the Annual Pass was purchased.
    Sorry but thats bull. I've had a constant sub to wow since 2005, my wife has as well but she subbed 2 weeks after me, her mop beta arrived last night along with a d3 beta, I've yet to receive a single beta inv to anything ever. We both signed up for the annual pass on the first day it became available, based on this your explanation is flawed.

Regardless of Blizzard being annoyed or not at all the topics about the beta, it is in their forum guidelines why threads are deleted.

Originally Posted by Vaneras (Blue Tracker)
    When we see multiple threads on the same topic, we start deleting threads. This phenomenon is also mentioned in the forum guidelines: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/816711831
    Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting.

I'm sorry once again people are misquoting Blizzard as for closing forums the reason that happens is because they are being reported by other players for trolling and spamming similar things have happened here. Back to the subject at hand blizzard said that Cumulative subscription time and date signed up for annual pas were two of the criteria thus suggesting they had other criteria. Keep in mind they only let in 100k each wave so maybe you were the 100,001 person and will get an invite soon none the less people need to be patient and stop whining about promises they claim blizzard made that were never made in the contract. ppl providing video evidence doesn't mean jack as that was not the wording in the AP contract you signed. Also keeping in mind the small print which hardly anyone bothered to read gives blizzard the right to change things without any notice.

What poster Above me said!

10+ Year Old Account
    If only these threads could be deleted.

So, assuming you're right and they did in fact make this horrendous lie, what does your thread do about that? I'm genuinely curious. I doubt they expected the amount of Annual Pass Sales they made and they seem to be trying their damnedest to get everybody into the beta. Why not just simmer down and wait?
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Who cares about the Beta, just play the awesome game we have right now!

You proved they lied. Good work.

But then you read the fine print and suddenly they didn't. Welcome to the real legal world and not the one you heard about on TV.

They should just dump all you stupid idiots who start threads into 1 server, let it run for a day, then say ´ok, your beta opportunity has ended, we hope you enjoyed your opportunity to beta test´..

Most objective people realized when we signed up for the AP that we were not all going to get in on day 1. Yes, if you want to twist the meaning of the original announcement you could make it seem that way.. but in reality.. who cares.. we still have months of beta testing to go. is a week or two really that important?

But honestly, Blizzard should just screw over the forum trolls by having a 1 day beta for anyone that ´calling my lawyer´.. ´slap in the face´... etc etc. a 1 day beta qualifies under ALL their announcements as a beta... they never promised you a second day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably be infracted for this, but you're asking for it as well so I think that's a fair deal.

Shut the fuck up, please.

Infracted

Last edited by Selxxa; 2012-04-05 at 03:35 PM.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

10+ Year Old Account
    Try being more obnoxious, that should help your cause.

/agree with Selxxa
    Last edited by jahasafrat; 2012-04-01 at 01:51 AM.

The problem is that you have people who signed up for AP days/weeks later than people who signed up on the 1st day get into the beta first, and the other requirements, Instead of it being first come, first serve. I don't even care about it anymore. I will be canceling my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felshara View Post
    Seems blizzard is getting annoyed with all the no beta club threads, especially mine which quoted them on the invite priority and providing proof that they're lying. Posted the below on Blizzards forums and it was deleted in less than an hour.

Sorry but thats bull. I've had a constant sub to wow since 2005, my wife has as well but she subbed 2 weeks after me, her mop beta arrived last night along with a d3 beta, I've yet to receive a single beta inv to anything ever. We both signed up for the annual pass on the first day it became available, based on this your explanation is flawed.
    I participated in the beta to vanilla wow... been playin ever since.

That being said, I also had my account banned from the forums at the start of cata.

Basically you cannot post anything on blizz forums that paints the company in a bad light (regardless of how truthful).

They hide behind the guise of calling it trolling when in fact you are merely expressing your distaste for a given situation. Which is essentially immediately viewed as an invalid opinion. They are extremely bias and prejudicial. The game is great (despite my issues with it) the a-holes running the company on the other hand...
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2012-04-01 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    I'll probably be infracted for this, but you're asking for it as well so I think that's a fair deal.

Shut the fuck up, please.
    At least you said please.

Anyways, it's against the rules to post the same topics rapidly like that. Just don't do it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are they getting annoyed? No doubt. You know who is getting more annoyed? The players reporting those posts.

Do you really want to go to the general forums and see 60 threads about the Annual Pass on the main page and 15 about miscellaneous things? No, I certainly don't and neither does Blizzard or anybody else that frequents these forums. It's the same deal on the dungeons and raids forums. Tin foil hat about Blizzard or not, the truth remains that there is a legitimate reason to get rid of these threads that are repeating THE SAME THING. Whether it be about losing loot in LFR (Dungeons and Raids) or Annual Pass (General forums). It's annoying and it congests the forums.

My thoughts personally? I think they are well within their grounds by how I understand the AP to do what they've been doing with beta invites. I can also understand the frustration of people who haven't gotten in. But what gets annoying is having to see hundreds of threads about it when concerns can be address and shared in a couple (or preferably one) thread(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    They should just dump all you stupid idiots who start threads into 1 server, let it run for a day, then say ´ok, your beta opportunity has ended, we hope you enjoyed your opportunity to beta test´..

Most objective people realized when we signed up for the AP that we were not all going to get in on day 1. Yes, if you want to twist the meaning of the original announcement you could make it seem that way.. but in reality.. who cares.. we still have months of beta testing to go. is a week or two really that important?

But honestly, Blizzard should just screw over the forum trolls by having a 1 day beta for anyone that ´calling my lawyer´.. ´slap in the face´... etc etc. a 1 day beta qualifies under ALL their announcements as a beta... they never promised you a second day.
    this is essentially how it is going to work... you could go the entire beta as an AP and not get access until the last week of beta, by that time any fan has already had their fill by visiting mmo-champion, watching youtube videos, etc, and probably won't have time to experience any dungeons/raids because they won't be able to level in time or those will have met the amount of testing necessary and won't be accessible.

Annual Passholders were promised access to beta...

to stand behind the shady response "We didn't say WHEN we would give you access..." is beyond bullshit. Poor business practices once again... bottom line is they are crapping in the face of some of their best customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Felshara View Post

They are deleting threads because they are spam not because they are trying to silence anyone. If you want to voice your concerns it helps to do it constructively and that doesn't involve spamming the ever living hell out of the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Are they getting annoyed? No doubt. You know who is getting more annoyed? The players reporting those posts.

Do you really want to go to the general forums and see 60 threads about the Annual Pass on the main page and 15 about miscellaneous things? No, I certainly don't and neither does Blizzard or anybody else that frequents these forums. It's the same deal on the dungeons and raids forums. Tin foil hat about Blizzard or not, the truth remains that there is a legitimate reason to get rid of these threads that are repeating THE SAME THING. Whether it be about losing loot in LFR (Dungeons and Raids) or Annual Pass (General forums). It's annoying and it congests the forums.

My thoughts personally? I think they are well within their grounds by how I understand the AP to do what they've been doing with beta invites. I can also understand the frustration of people who haven't gotten in. But what gets annoying is having to see hundreds of threads about it when concerns can be address and shared in a couple (or preferably one) thread(s).
    This isn't a fair assessment because you don't have an opportunity to see ALL the people in support of the frustrated posters comments/concerns...

Which is more the point of deleting the posts, than having an abundance of threads essentially about the same thing... because ALL the posts get deleted, there isn't a thread where people can go to express their frustration, because they just don't care, which is BS.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    They are deleting threads because they are spam not because they are trying to silence anyone. If you want to voice your concerns it helps to do it constructively and that doesn't involve spamming the ever living hell out of the forums.
    Show me a thread that HAS been kept active where people CAN actually go to voice their concerns constructively...

There isn't one. Because they ALL get deleted.

Are you kidding me? So you would rather them send out beta invites TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO SIGNED UP right now? You think testing the beta is fun even without overloading the servers? It is absolutely insane to say that they should send out everyone's beta invite. Every single beta before this has had limits of how many people they can have, and wave of invites sent out. Just because you have the annual pass, you aren't understanding, it's a LOTTERY on when you're pulled for beta. To OP: my hubby played years longer than i did, I joined the night lich king was released, I got a cata beta, he didn't. It's how it works. I swear if I have to see more of these posts I'm literally going to scream. Get over it, wait patiently or leave, we won't miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    The problem is that you have people who signed up for AP days/weeks later than people who signed up on the 1st day get into the beta first, and the other requirements, Instead of it being first come, first serve. I don't even care about it anymore. I will be canceling my account.
    Go right on ahead. The community will be better for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Go right on ahead. The community will be better for it.
    I happen to think that if people like YOU quit... it would be a better community.