Thread: Unkillable DK?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unkillable DK?

The last two days my fiance and I have been doing our dailies in Tol Barad and both days we found the same dk. We have spent probably 30 mins fighting this dk and he always absorbs all but about 200 damage for every 20 strikes on him. How is he doing this and how can we beat him?

Deleted
    He is blood just kite the shit out of him and dont let him be abel to hit you or your pets if you have any

10+ Year Old Account
    Kite him, don't get into melee range.

Deleted
    As the other said dont let him hit you to heal and hell flop over like a wet fish

10+ Year Old Account
    Kiting can easily be broken.

Death Grip, Chains of Ice, nuke, War Stomp if tauren, nuke some more, dead.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Linaver View Post
    Kite him, don't get into melee range.
    Or disarm him.

If youy are ranged kite him and when he cc's you then cc him back.

Rogue/warriors can stunlock/disarm

Paladins are out of luck

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Kiting can easily be broken.

Death Grip, Chains of Ice, nuke, War Stomp if tauren, nuke some more, dead.
    He is blood... DG has a longer CD and if you die in a DG/chains by a blood DK you are probably naked or low level, he'll regain some HP but not to much, rogues can counter DG with shadowstep kidney -> dismantle after the kidney for example, druids can typhoon him, shapeshift to break the slow and trololol away, ...

What classes do you play? It would help us to give you some tips if we knew that.

Oh and your question as to how he is doing that, when a blood DK deathstrikes his mastery procs and he gets an absorb effect, so not only does DS heal it also gives him a shield, hence the reason why you really don't want him to hit you. Other then that they have runetap on 30 sec CD and can sacrifice their pet o regain health, if they get below 35% (?) hp they also get another free runetap to heal up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    If youy are ranged kite him and when he cc's you then cc him back.

Paladins are out of luck
    Doesn't the holy damage paladins do go through their mastery? You can probably almost destroy a DK in a hammer once you popped your CDs and have a second player there. I think a blood DK is easier for a pala then for a warrior.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2012-04-02 at 05:46 PM.

oh you were that guys ;D try harder dudes! maybe you get me to 95%

It's hard to kite being kitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    He is blood... DG has a longer CD and if you die in a DG/chains by a blood DK you are probably naked or low level, he'll regain some HP but not to much, rogues can counter DG with shadowstep kidney -> dismantle after the kidney for example, druids can typhoon him, shapeshift to break the slow and trololol away, ...

What classes do you play? It would help us to give you some tips if we knew that.

Oh and your question as to how he is doing that, when a blood DK deathstrikes his mastery procs and he gets an absorb effect, so not only does DS heal it also gives him a shield, hence the reason why you really don't want him to hit you. Other then that they have runetap on 30 sec CD and can sacrifice their pet o regain health, if they get below 35% (?) hp they also get another free runetap to heal up.
    You do realize I'm not OP... right?

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    Well if it was really you, OP can just forget about it! XD
    - Woodman

You do realize I'm not OP... right?
    What class do you play then? I'm really curious, unless its warrior you have no reason to complain about Blood DK at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvettewow View Post
    It's hard to kite being kitty.
    Get mangle, rake and rip on him just stay away? o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    What class do you play then? I'm really curious, unless its warrior you have no reason to complain about Blood DK at all.
    You DO realize that:

a) I am NOT OP. OP as in "original poster", not "overpowered". That means I'm not the guy who started the thread or asked the question. I just commentated on it.
    b) I never complained about Blood DKs as I like to play them...

...right?
    - Woodman

Deleted

Paladins are out of luck
    Exorcism + Judgement. It's pretty easy, even outside of wings.

.. does take a while though.
    Last edited by mmocf05116bedc; 2012-04-02 at 05:54 PM.

You DO realize that:

a) I am NOT OP. OP as in "original poster", not "overpowered"
    b) I never complained about Blood DKs as I like to play them...

...right?
    Sorry, I didn't get what you meant because you forgot the word "the" I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi, my own grammar isn't good either, what you meant just didn't come across correctly.

And the first part of my post was about you saying kiting could easily be broken, I responded explaining that kiting blood DKs can be done easily and that they have very few counters against being kited. Sorry for the confusion good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyloCG View Post
    Exorcism + Judgement. It's pretty easy, even outside of wings.
    I'll generally repent to try and draw a trinket, and then I'll HoJ and hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I didn't get what you meant because you forgot the word "the" I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi, my own grammar isn't good either, what you meant just didn't come across correctly.

And the first part of my post was about you saying kiting could easily be broken, I responded explaining that kiting blood DKs can be done easily and that they have very few counters against being kited. Sorry for the confusion good sir.
    Without going into details, it depends on how you manage those cooldowns too. Key is trying to have the kiter blow his, and then jump in for the kill. And since Chains of Ice is pretty much readily available, it makes kiting harder for them, and then they'd be tempted to blow their own cooldowns.

And no worries about the confusion, just wanted to make sure that was directed to the guy who needed it.

But that DK apparently was Raegwyn, aka Mr.I-solo-stuff-for-fun, so it would be tough for a lot of people as the guy knows his stuff.
    - Woodman

LOL! He thinks a warrior can kill a blood dk! xD

A warrior is doomed in a fight against a blood dk, they're just a free kill, straight up. Yes you can throwdown, yes you can disarm, yes you can even kite them...but your damage is so pathetic that you'll never make any real dent in them. Rend simply doesn't do enough damage to overcome the healing+shield, or even so much as rune tap over the full duration.

When it comes to kill a blood death knight, it really is just staying out of melee range so that they can't use death strike while keeping dots/ranged casting rolling on them. Remember, every death strike he gets off is at a minimal a 7% heal and chances are an 8-9% shield....before considering damage he has taken(20% of damage taken converted into additional health, this also increases the size of the shield). That means if you somehow managed to crack him for 100% of his health and he lives(previous bubble up), his next two death strikes will each heal him for 20% of his health(40% combined) and leave a shield of roughly 24% of his health(48% combined) giving him a grand total of an additional 98% of his health bar.

I hate DKs. WTB less overloaded skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    I am beginning to understand why he was so hard to kill.

This guy solos bosses for breakfast :P
    / ztanz
    <Nice picture with my armory for Elskling on Ragnaros>