Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Want to make a full switch to pc gaming.

Hey just wanted to get some peoples opinion on whether or not I should basically make a full switch to pc gaming? I just recently built a new gaming computer so i can run all modern games and as of late ive grown tired of playing xbox 360 and their limited selection of games and i hate how most content on the 360 is all dlc now a days. Also with the rumors of the new xbox not being backwards compatible and some other rumors about used games sales disappearing for next gen consoles i started to think about just sticking with a computer as it is a much better system with better performance capabilities.

So what does everyone think, should i drop buying games for my xbox and buy them for the pc and only buy like gears and halo since its platform specific and everything pc? Also in the long run i noticed pc gaming is cheaper and indie games are also very nice.

So your basing everything on un subsantiated rumors? Way to go. You dont need to make the full leap. I play both PC and console and have no problem going between the two. Why people feel you have to be one or the other is beyond me. So imo buy both, it wont hurt. And pretty sure this is gona turn into a thread of console bashing by pc gamers.

Well my main thing is I want to save money to and i'm still a big xbox 360 fan and ive played xbox since 2002, so im a huge halo fan (read all the books and so on). For example i see games on steam that are cheaper or have sales and are cheaper then the xbox version, so im just trying to justify making pc gaming my main thing and my xbox for some gears of war and halo and some BF3 as i enjoy it on xbox more then pc.

Also my decisions are not based upon rumors as i no they are just that rumors. I realized i wasn't as clear as i meant to be but im also focused on trying to save money to.

I play both. Xbox 360 for games both my wife and I like playing (to avoid buying multiple copies) so that saves us money. I like playing on the Xbox, but generally I prefer playing on PC. But that's just me.

Yeah that's the big thing i want to avoid is multiple copies, so i think most new games that come out i'm going to get for pc with the exception of halo 4 for obvious reasons.
    My biggest problem is trying to justify a switch from something i've done for 10 years but im not completely dropping xbox, i just want to play more on the pc and use xbox for halo and gears.

Personally I Make decisions on a per game basis. Skyrim for example is better for pc because it's single player so there's no need to worry if your friends computers can handle it. Then you have got the mods and improved graphics which consoles don't get of course.

Games like Call of Duty could go either way. The deciding factor for me is multiplayer and friends. Will they be getting it? If so on console or pc?

If you are doing it purely to save money though then PC is the obvious choice as its almost infinitely cheaper if you know what I mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Play both as you see fit.

I'd think there's generally a few "bigger" games on consoles where as there's a fair bit more "indie" type games on PC's as well as the MMO's. It's a (fairly) even choice.

I think with PC's once the cost of purchase is swallowed you tend to get better value for money playing games "on your own" while consoles are far better if you have someone sat with you to play the games with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pc gaming is 100 times better in terms of graphics easy dlcs and mods skyrim and mass effect are insane compared to the console versions , only problem is exclusive games eg armored core and numerous other titles
    Last edited by Window; 2012-04-09 at 03:42 AM.
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you play games with friends in the same room on a regular basis. Drop all console gaming altogether. PC has the better value, performance, and games. It just doesn't have the portability.

Yeah i'm going to buy games as a "I see fit" kind of way, im going to buy the good single players for pc and most multiplayer for xbox as alot of my friends are on xbox or wow. So now i think im going to be buying fallout 3 and skyrim for pc later this week. Thanks for the feedback everyone i appreciate it as you helped me make my decision!

The only real problem i have with PC gaming is using keyboard and mouse instead of my Xbox 360 controller. Being when i play video games for the most part i like to kick back and relax and PC gaming kinda makes that harder being i have to sit in front of my desk for the most part.

Coming from someone who recently switched, I would say yes, it is in your best interests to switch. I was in the same situation you are, and I'm very glad I changed. The first things that I noticed was the amount of customization / mods / etc.. I must have downloaded atleast 30 from the Steam Workshop before I began a fresh playthrough on Skyrim. The PC also has a MUCH larger selection of games to chose from. I've been hooked on BF3 all weekend. The increase in quality compared to the console is large, and 64 player games are chaotic, but fun.

I made a thread asking the same questions a week or 2 ago. You can check out what people said their if you'd like. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-Why-should-I

If you can afford it, then yes. PC gaming is luxury gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't something for us to decide. As long as you get joy out of it keep the console too. For things that are only on the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adominitis View Post
    The only real problem i have with PC gaming is using keyboard and mouse instead of my Xbox 360 controller. Being when i play video games for the most part i like to kick back and relax and PC gaming kinda makes that harder being i have to sit in front of my desk for the most part.
    Most Microsoft controllers are compatible with PCs, you can kick back at your desk and play.
    That's what my little brother does.

Deleted
    Of course this is a very subjective subject but I can maybe try to help you out.

I see the PC superior since you can play almost any game, including the large selection of indie games on Steam and if there's any game that you prefer to play with a controller you can just buy a PC compatible one for maybe £20. Now I'd love to have a Xbox to play exclusive titles such as SSX but I'm happy with my PC for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Of course this is a very subjective subject but I can maybe try to help you out.

I see the PC superior since you can play almost any game, including the large selection of indie games on Steam and if there's any game that you prefer to play with a controller you can just buy a PC compatible one for maybe £20. Now I'd love to have a Xbox to play exclusive titles such as SSX but I'm happy with my PC for now.
    Very true and I've decided to go with PC gaming all the way and i can still hang out on my xbox with buddies on there from time to time. Only thing is i'm rebuying Fallout 3 since i didnt have the dlc for it on my xbox and on steam it's 20 with all dlc so im downloading that and i'm re-downloading dungeon defenders since i loved that game =). I think overall now PC is much better for single player and most multiplayer, so i'll use my xbox for playing halo and gears from time to time with friends but besides that it's PC all the way for me as I just built a new computer less than 2 months ago.

I love my xbox and there is some games I enjoy playing on it rather then pc. But the pc as a whole is a much better performer and the graphics are just insane compared to a dated xbox360 or ps3. But dude if your a gamer you have to fill what works for you. Have you checked out the games on pc? Have you done your research on what you really want to spend your time playing? If you can find those answers you will be set.

I personally love steam's prices and I know some others don't agree that origin is all that good but its starting to improve. you can find games on that as well.

Your not going to find the pc games you probably want in a gamestop store. But you can easily go online and do a digital download for your purchase on alot of games.

check steam first though.

Goodluck on your pc gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post

Let us not forget emulation. Having a gaming computer allows you to play any game from older consoles. Hell, I just played Super Mario 64 last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you already bought a new PC, but asking us if you should get into PC gaming or not? You also already have at least two gaming platforms but for some reason want to forfeit one of them. That sounds really stupid. We also had the very same thread just recently, where another person asked for some tips concerning PC gaming.

I get the impression you're trying to start a flame war or just raise your post count.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.