Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    Game looks quite complicated with all of it's mechanics and content.
    I got that impression at first as well, but the more I look at it, the more I get the feeling that it's just a question of familiarity and experience. As in, once you've gotten used to playing it, it'll cease to be an issue.

I think the hurdle to overcome is learning the class and what each ability does and which key it's bound to - once that's done, you can actually skip looking at the bottom half of your screen for the most part. You can just glance at it occasionally to check what's on CD, for how long, and how your health's like. The rest of the time will be free to look at the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    That one is not entirely true though. The curve will go up until level 20 and then it's steady.
    fixed it:
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    fixed it:
    The line is suppose to increase to level 20 then flatten out.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Or we could just use the one off the wiki instead of overcomplicating..
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/...es-600x403.jpg
    There is a leveling curve to start, but it flattens out as oppose to taking longer and longer to level.

fixed it:
    fixed it:

If we're having specific numbers instead of a simple graph (for some reason), the line should flatten out at ~90minutes, as that is how long it will take most people to level after hitting the top of the curve (apparently)

Deleted
    If I may join in the nitpicking, the graph shouldn't start at origo - it always takes a little bit of time investment to gain the first levelup, even if it's just a few minutes.

Edit: Alternatively, if the graph doesn't have 0,0 as origo, this should be properly illustrated.

Edit 2: Found a proper picture.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-04-12 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The line is suppose to increase to level 20 then flatten out.
    That's no how it works in the game. It takes ~90 minutes for each level from 20-80. But there is still an slight increase, it's just very minor. Before level 20 you need less than 90 minutes. The first few level can be down in a few minutes (that's why I start with 5 minutes)

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    fixed it:
    It takes about 90 minutes for each level at 20-80 - so your fixed version is wrong since you make the line at about 20 minutes/level.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

That's no how it works in the game. It takes ~90 minutes for each level from 20-80. But there is still an slight increase, it's just very minor. Before level 20 you need less than 90 minutes. The first few level can be down in a few minutes (that's why I start with 5 minutes)

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 05:02 PM ----------

It takes about 90 minutes for each level at 20-80 - so your fixed version is wrong since you make the line at about 20 minutes/level.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File...es-600x403.jpg

Pic property of Anet and Ncsoft.

/I win
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

It still goes up very slightly like Kryos said though.

While skills are linked to weapons, will you be able to save trait builds and swap to them in towns or share them in chat like you currently can in GW1?

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    While skills are linked to weapons, will you be able to save trait builds and swap to them in towns or share them in chat like you currently can in GW1?
    The first 5 skills are weapon skills, you can change major traits any time you're not in combat (besides PvP, I believe) but to change actual trait point allocation you need to.. well, we don't know yet I don't think, think we have to go to town.
    We also don't know much about saving/sharing trait builds, I don't think, they haven't went into great detail on that.
    We know we have a separate trait build for PvP that we can switch to, but beyond that not sure they've told us much about saving/sharing trait builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will a raedon 7970 be able to run this?

Quote Originally Posted by MC Payne View Post
    Will a raedon 7970 be able to run this?
    I'm going to go ahead and assume you're not serious.
    No, a $500+ video card will not run GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and assume you're not serious.
    No, a $500+ video card will not run GW2.
    I just bought two though!

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I just bought two though!
    No, you begged for me to buy you two, I laughed in your face (through text) then you said you were getting a 150$ card. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    No, you begged for me to buy you two, I laughed in your face (through text) then you said you were getting a 150$ card. :P
    Details my dear. Details.

Deleted
    Now, I prepurchased and subsequently registered for GW2, however when I did I didn't link my GW1 account as I couldn't for the life of me work out what the Username and Password was. I've now managed to work out what it is, so does anyone know if I can link my two accounts retroactively?

I haven't done any HoM stuff, so it won't be a huge loss if not, but in the event I decide I want to do some HoM before release it would be nice...

Help appreciated!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if these Elder Dragons decided to all attack at the same time, what exactly would have the power to stop them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if these Elder Dragons decided to all attack at the same time, what exactly would have the power to stop them?
    The Asura obviously Really though,more then likely nothing