Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So when your really geared what then?

So I have a level 53 demon hunter and currently playing on hell. I was wondering if after hell, and i have the best gear what exactly can you do with your character then? Like will the gear be useful for pvp? Or is there nothing left to do at all when you have all the best gear and content cleared. I don't really enjoy the other classes so I can't really see myself leveling another class for more gear grinding.

Hopefully there is something that can keep my DH occupied....

It's not an MMO, so don't expect the amount of content as you see in WoW. The gear grind however is extremely long, if it's anything like D2.

There is a PvP patch incoming soon(ish).

15+ Year Old Account
    Unlike in WoW, I don't think there's anything to do after 60. Besides do MF runs and sell the loot and make some real money if you get good drops.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Unlike in WoW, I don't think there's anything to do after 60. Besides do MF runs and sell the loot and make some real money if you get good drops.
    Hmm well if you can make a little money from good drops on insanity then i guess it isn't all that bad.

there is absolutely no chance you'll have all the best gear in the game for your character anytime in the near future so don't worry about it.

You farm Inferno with 100% magic finder gear and sell your oranges for RL $$$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Which in turn gives Blizzard money to pay people who make more content and release it to us which we then farm to sell stuff on the RMAU which gives Blizzard money to pay people who make more content and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    It's not an MMO, so don't expect the amount of content as you see in WoW. The gear grind however is extremely long, if it's anything like D2.

There is a PvP patch incoming soon(ish).
    The gear grind in diablo 2 did not take long at all, getting perfect or near perfect gear was not hard, the main grind was to 99 and now that thats gone once op hits 60 and gets geared to the teeth there realisticly is nothing left to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The gear grind in diablo 2 did not take long at all, getting perfect or near perfect gear was not hard, the main grind was to 99 and now that thats gone once op hits 60 and gets geared to the teeth there realisticly is nothing left to do.
    Barely anyone cared for the 99 grind, mate.

OT: If they introduced some kind of ladder with awards it could increase the games longevity.
    Like defeating inferno as fast as possible and the fastest wins something, with new chars or max leveled chars Idk!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Barely anyone cared for the 99 grind, mate.

OT: If they introduced some kind of ladder with awards it could increase the games longevity.
    Like defeating inferno as fast as possible and the fastest wins something, with new chars or max leveled chars Idk!
    Um i dont know who you played with but the ladder scene was pretty competative, holding top spot on the ladder took time and dedication, so no your wrong plenty of people cared about 99 grind.

Then you beat the game. Put it away and move on. This isn't an MMO.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I don't think that you will get "really geared" as fast in this game as you do in Warcraft. I began playing Cataclysm in February 2011, and by early May I had already leveled to 85, had my 4-piece bonus, and was bored out of my mind until Firelands came out months later. According to my friends who played Diablo 2 for 5+ years you will never be satisfied with your gear. I plan on building a separate set of armor solely for PVP. Who wants gold/magic find for PVP armor? By the time we start to really get a handle on our gear, possible multiple characters, etc. a new expansion may come out. I have my suspicions that the level cap was set at level 60 with expansions in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Um i dont know who you played with but the ladder scene was pretty competative, holding top spot on the ladder took time and dedication, so no your wrong plenty of people cared about 99 grind.
    About 100 players competing out of millions of players, seems like something the average player cares about.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Thrage View Post
    Which in turn gives Blizzard money to pay people who make more content and release it to us which we then farm to sell stuff on the RMAU which gives Blizzard money to pay people who make more content and ...

Blizzard has already said there will be no content patches whatsoever. Only expansions (probably 3 or 4 years down the line, judging by Starcraft 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Crazycab View Post
    So I have a level 53 demon hunter and currently playing on hell. I was wondering if after hell, and i have the best gear what exactly can you do with your character then? Like will the gear be useful for pvp? Or is there nothing left to do at all when you have all the best gear and content cleared. I don't really enjoy the other classes so I can't really see myself leveling another class for more gear grinding.

Hopefully there is something that can keep my DH occupied....
    Go to collect the armor set for your class, or do nothing. Be happy that you completed the game, and move on...

Make a new character?... -_-

You can probably go for all the achievs and lore listings. Though the lore stuff is badly accessible. Just a list ... that sucx. And the achievs some are about leveling multiple toons. Or you can just try to get a hardcore character.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Level a new class, pvp, or try to make money I would guess.

They way I see it - you play it as long as you are truly enjoying yourself. This applies to any video game.