Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sanctuary from Diablo sure doesn't sound very nice. Sure it's a necrophilian paradise, but Skelington would likely die before he could rape all the lovely corpses.
    It'd just be one big tease.

Deleted
    Im also going to say the Warhammer 40k universe in the end the Tyranids will get you.

What's so bad about Warhammer 40k Universe?

I don't actually know, since I've no clue what it is all about...

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 10:08 PM ----------

I'd have to say that living in My Little Pony would be the most terrifying thing.

Having read a far bit of W40k fiction, my vote goes to that.

In W40k, there are things that go bump in the night.

Well, I say bump, it's more like a roar and then you're being farmed for your skin or being sacrificed to a blood god.

Heck, even the 'good' guys of the Imperium sacrifice hundreds/thousands of psykers (W40ks psychics) just to keep the Emperor alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    ]I'd have to say that living in My Little Pony would be the most terrifying thing.
    pretty much this sums it up
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to have to go with 40k. All it takes is one yokel on the other side of your planet to start worshipping Slannesh, and your entire planet is probably doomed. Then there are the Eldar, maybe an Ork Waaaagh, maybe Dark Eldar will come to play, Failadon might start another Black Crusade, your supervisor might report you for disloyalty because you stole the red stapler....

Way too many nasty, nasty ways to die.

Would have to say the warhammer 40k universe, for multiple reasons which i shall now list:

Ever present threat of being invaded by a tyranid hive fleet which will rip you to pieces and literally devour your planet.

Always a chance necrons will invade your planet and disintigrate you.

A chance orcs will invade your planet and rip you limb from limp or cut you limb from limb or eat you limb by limb

If your planet is corrupt the entire planet will be destroyed by your own people to prevent it spreading

Living in a hive city where death is everywhere especially if you live in the slums

the ever present threat of war and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Marioworld. Imagine the headaches from jumping up and hitting brick squares to stay alive...
    Look at the animations closer. Mario actually hits the blocks with a raised fist. Might be hard on the knuckles though.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell has No one stated the Resident Evil universe?

Your either a zombie or about to die to one, there is no survival (unless your a main character from the story)
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    How the hell has No one stated the Resident Evil universe?

Your either a zombie or about to die to one, there is no survival (unless your a main character from the story)
    Resident Evil isn't even close to being the worse... And also, there are indeed characters that aren't the main ones and survive.

Diablo(Sanctuary) or Fallout for sure. W40k sounds bad, but I have no experience with it. But seriously, from what I've played, Diablo would be the cruelest/sickest/most terrifying place, while Fallout would be the loneliest/most desolate/pretty scary.

Myth (Bungie series). You may die to axe wielding zombies, sickle wielding monkey-like beasts, weird creatures that can burn you to crisps with lighting, lots and lots of myrkridia (Kinda like a werewolf, but meaner), flying skeletons with poisoned spears, big ass Throws (think of a 20' muscled guy wearing a thong with lots of adorned humanoid skulls), giant myrkridia (same size as a throw, but with skull bombs), wights (putrid creatures that will kill themselves to destroy you in a horrible explosion), ghasts that will paralyze you with their putried attacks, Mauls (think of duke nukem pigs on steroids + giant mace and armor).

I think im missing something, but whatever.

Deleted
    Warhammer 40k is some crazy stuff... So that, without a doubt...

10+ Year Old Account
    For folks who don't know the 40k universe, I can't really describe it in the detail that it warrants without posting the wall of text to end all walls of text (trust me, I just tried!), so instead I'd suggest going to the TV Tropes page (of all places) for a rough overview. Pay special attention to the Nightmare Fuel page.

For more specific data, you can go to the Warhammer 40,000 Lexicanum, but as it's a wiki, it's going to take more effort to dig through than the TV Tropes link. It's better for specifics, though, as I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesyn View Post
    For folks who don't know the 40k universe, I can't really describe it in the detail that it warrants without posting the wall of text to end all walls of text (trust me, I just tried!), so instead I'd suggest going to the TV Tropes page (of all places) for a rough overview. Pay special attention to the Nightmare Fuel page.

For more specific data, you can go to the Warhammer 40,000 Lexicanum, but as it's a wiki, it's going to take more effort to dig through than the TV Tropes link. It's better for specifics, though, as I said.
    thank you for the links !

40k is a good answer, it's a pretty crapsack universe.

it is however outdone at least once.
    Nosgoth, because everyone, and i do mean everyone, gets the fucking short end of the stick in that fucking world.
    it's just a terrible terrible fucking place to live, for everybody.

at least in 40k it's ok for some people. many human civilians seem to have a decent life and if your an orc it's the best universe ever.

nobody like being in Nosgoth. even Kain himself just wants all the bullshit to stop. the one thing that likes it the best is Elder God and dealing with Raziel and Kain seems to be enough of a pain in his squid-ass that he may just think twice about if he likes it or nt.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Diablo, Fallout, Resident Evil, Evangelion. All of those would suck ass. Though really, if you thought about it, you could probably name a lot that are just as bad. Gears of War, Darksiders, Demon's Souls, just off the top of my head.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    What's so bad about Warhammer 40k Universe?

I don't actually know, since I've no clue what it is all about...

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 10:08 PM ----------

I'd have to say that living in My Little Pony would be the most terrifying thing.
    Warhammer 40k is nothing but one genocidal orgy after another.

And I agree, living in My Little Pony land would be terrible. Now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, on the other hand, would be pretty sweet.

My vote goes to any world dedicated to fan service: All tease and no please would drive me more insane than all the Dark gods of Chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    The Muv-Luv (Alternative) universe.

Human population reduced to roughly one billion? Check.
    Fighting an seemingly endless fight against the BETA (The Beings of the Extra Terrestrial origin which is Adversary of human race)? Check.
    Most of humanity's male soldiers are dead, resulting in having to send teenagers and girls to fight the BETA in giant robots? Check.
    Your enemy doesn't even consider your race as a life form, but instead as recyclable resources? Check.
    Your enemy's fighting force consist of:
    -Laser-class BETA(3 meters), capable of destroying targets up to an altitude of 10 kilometers and a range of 30 kilometers, resulting in absolute air superiority
    -Heavy laser-class BETA(21 meters), capable of destroying targets up to an altitude of 500 meters and a range of 100 kilometers
    -Grappler-class BETA(12 meters), has claws whose hardness is 15 on the Mohs scale
    -Destroyer-class BETA(16 meters), has a shell whose hardness is 15 on the Mohs scale, capable of ramming into enemy targets with a speed of 170km/h
    -Fort-class BETA(66 meters), carries smaller BETA inside them, also has legs as sharp as blades and a stinger whose hardness is 15 on the Mohs scale that extracts a strong acid capable of sinking naval warships
    -Tank-class BETA(2.8 meters), capable of running up to 80km/h, equipped with a jaw that is capable of biting through steel armor plating
    -Warrior-class BETA(2.5 meters), lightly armored but very agile unit that has a trunk that has enough strength to pull a man's head off
    -Soldier-class BETA(2.3 meters), made from recycled human bodies, slow but packs a punch several times stronger than a regular human? Check.
    Your enemy is a hivemind controlled by a single entity on Earth called the Superior, who is basically a biological quantum computer? Check.
    There are 10^37 of these Superiors scattered around the universe, each possibly controlling a planetful of BETA? Check.

There's more but I guess this gives a vague image.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2012-06-19 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Evangelion. You're either a casualty, traumatized for life, or you survive until Instrumentality and get turned into Tang.
    Even though it would probably render me insane, I really would like to know how it feels to sit in & be synced with an Eva.

..although I'm not sure if you're talking about Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home