Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

BMAH, honestly who do you think sits on that much gold, think about it?

Let’s get real here for a second. I really don’t think it would be a huge stretch to say that an incredibly large percentage of WoW players don’t sit on an amount even close to the BMAH top bid possible.

So really.....who do you think sits on those kind of funds. Illegal farmers with bots and such are who. Yes there are players that have those kinds of funds but it's few and far between. The illegal farmers are the only people in game that can generate those kinds of funds on a consistent bases. So why even allow the possible bids to go so high? I guess it doesn't matter but I would hate to see them mess with that new system in any way.

Also can if I can make a suggestion here if it's not already part of the rules? Please don’t allow level 1s to bid. The gold/item sellers are always level 1.

I have a lot of guildies that routinely had hundreds of thousands of gold that were AH players since vanilla that just kept to their methods and made more gold every expansion due to inflation and understanding of how New Expansion = Farm + AH = Profit. The guild bank used to let people buy mount training for their alts because there was literally nothing else useful to do with the amount of gold in there.

I don't think it's only bots that have this much cash, and I'd imagine a lot of other players also have guildies who are filthy rich and dedicated to staying that way. I personally do not have the patience or attention span.

There is a guy in my guild how has over 2 mil gold over all his accounts. Playing the AH can make you so much money, just have to have the time and know how. Sure he is an expection and I think the average person has somewhere between 50-100k. That just means you might be able to buy a great item for 50-100k. Who knows.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have that much gold and I'm not a botter or farmer.

Also, I question the ability of a level one to get to the BMAH location. Unless its somehow prohibited through game mechanics, I suppose it's possible, but still.
    My Rig:
    ASUS P8Z77-V LX, Intel i5 3570k @ 4.3 ghz, Hyper 212 EVO
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 Superclocked, G-Skill Ares 8GB DDR3 1600
    Mushkin Chronos Enhanced 120 GB SSD boot/WoW/BF3 drive, Cooler Master HAF 912 Case

Deleted
    Those illegal farmers and botters won't spend thousands on bop mounts. Nor gear they can't wear or transmog. They sell gold, don't waste it. So I don't think disabling bidding on lvl 1 would change anything, since you want to buy with your main several things that will sell there.

The people that will buy there are those that at some point learned that 5 mins on the AH and 25 mins of afk work can get you hundreds of thousands if you keep doing it. The end.

Though we certainly trive on those lvl 1 that keep posting hundreds of stacks of ores and herbs.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-06-20 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    ATM in my guild we sell raid boosts that can fetch between 15k-55k/player per reset. We've been doing that every week for a while now and some of my guild mates have extreme amounts of gold. I myself am sitting on 400k just on my raiding Paladin with no other sources of income (I don't quest or play AH) and that will keep on increasing until near to the mists pre-patch.

Personally I wont be using it, just pointing out that it's not only botters with high amounts of gold :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm actually rather skilled at not holding onto gold...even during my farming phase, I never went above 10k...seems I spent it as fast as I earned it. These days it's rare I reach even 2k. Needless to say I've not given any news about the BMAH more than a passing glance. But good for the people who can afford it.
    When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

Deleted
    gold is my only problem in WoW. I know many players in my guild at lvl cap that don't have over 10k gold (we're on a low populated server). i have 4k on my shaman and 7k on my dk and only skinning at 525, i try to lvl enchanting but that also costs tons of gold, i allready lost like 1000+ gold to get enchanting to 266 only (and that's on a high populated server). i can't gem my dk properly because one gem allready costs 400-500 gold (and those aren't even the best gems). if i get all my WoW gold together i would prolly have 15-17K gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of people have that much gold. Theres entire forums dedicated to making gold in wow. You just need the right addons, know how and patience. For some people seeing how much gold they can make is much more fun than how high their dps can get.

A) The whole point of the BMAH is to cater for the few who have a lot of gold, to provide a goldsink in a sense. It is not meant to be something that everybody can have access too with ease.

B) Why should level ones not be allowed to bid? They won't be bidding on any tier or pvp gear as they would be useless to them. Any botters or farmers will not be bidding on the BMAH they will be selling the gold through their websites.

C) Everyone has an opportunity to gain that much gold. The normal WOW Ah is essentially a free market, where anybody can make gold. The difference between those who just earn enough for repair costs etc and those whom the BMAH is catered for is that they generally do some research into game markets, come up with selling strategies, use third party sites for tips and generally diversify.

the problem i see with this is it will make more people buy gold to get said rare items off the BMAH
    theres a lot of spoiled rich kids out there who have to have that super rare mount on the BMAH and they will get it by any means ( illegal gold sites )

Deleted
    I think they just meant to remove gold from the system with the BMAH. Dunno if it ever works... Maybe those rich ones even bid on some rare mounts and sell them forward with higher price, lol.

I have some ~350k gold, but only because i don't spend it in anything. I'm not sure if i even will use BMAH because i just hate bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I think they just meant to remove gold from the system with the BMAH. Dunno if it ever works... Maybe those rich ones even bid on some rare mounts and sell them forward with higher price, lol.

I have some ~350k gold, but only because i don't spend it in anything. I'm not sure if i even will use BMAH because i just hate bidding.
    Everything will be BoP. So, no reselling from the BMAH.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing I have seen reported so far appeals to me. Perhaps if there where some unique tradeskill patterns that didn't drop or where available from anywhere besides the BMAH would I concider it. Are there mounts I would like to have? Sure, Mimirons head comes to mind. But buying it instead of having it drop just doesn't feel like it has been earned.

I think the only thing that would actually make me want to start spending my gold would be if Blizzard implemented some form of EVE-PLEX system as in I could buy gametime legally from Blizzard for gold. I would also be interested in say unlocking extra professions or character slots. That would be worth spending some serious gold on. But to spend hundreds of thousands on some mount that just never dropped? I'll pass on that, unless they become dirt cheap but that would I guess defeat the entire purpose of the BMAH.

Gold is easy, saying people who have that much are mostly farmers/botters is plain stupid. :|

There is at least 5 people in my guild who are Gold (per character) capped or more. More have more than enough (few 100k) I'm sitting on around 60k, I do nothing to make gold.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-06-20 at 07:13 PM.

Not every item will go for the max possible bid

10+ Year Old Account
    No a very large portion do indeed have that much money. It is every easy to come by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel highly unprepared only going into this expac with 500k.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its really not nearly as uncommon as you think. I know of 10+ people personally that sit on no less then 250k gold at a time, and I'm not very sociable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still find it funny after all these years, when one of these guys pops out of the woodwork and talks about being broke like it's something everyone can relate to. No useful or upkept professions, no attempts at making auction money, no farming, no doing dailies, constant AH buyer and he still can't understand where the money goes.

Same shit happens in real life. You wear nice clothes to the movies and everyone things you're a spoiled daddy's boy or something. Heaven forbid someone saves and invests from time to time, eh?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.