Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Did they double reverse troll us?

Don't think it was their initial intent but decided to use it as an important announcement date.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted
    Yes! Yes they did, and you can't help to luuuuuv them for it!

The jerseys may actually be what they said they are but decided to announce the release date on the day with the most hype around it when they realized that it was ready enough to pin a release date by then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    The jerseys may actually be what they said they are but decided to announce the release date on the day with the most hype around it when they realized that it was ready enough to pin a release date by then.
    This seems extremely likely.

I didn't rly say anything before, and as much as i'll be derided for this, it's because I had some inside knowledge, but did no1 rly think how Anet's claim that these shirts were for someone leaving...............months and months in advance.........was in no way strange?

I mean...has any1 here worked anywhere where they had to give more than 3 months notice? And that's for very senior level...

So yes....they were trolling us guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I didn't rly say anything before, and as much as i'll be derided for this, it's because I had some inside knowledge, but did no1 rly think how Anet's claim that these shirts were for someone leaving...............months and months in advance.........was in no way strange?

I mean...has any1 here worked anywhere where they had to give more than 3 months notice? And that's for very senior level...

So yes....they were trolling us guys.
    The shirts were for 3 different people I assume. 1 leaving the 28th, 1 the 6th and one the 12th of the month

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    The shirts were for 3 different people I assume. 1 leaving the 28th, 1 the 6th and one the 12th of the month
    Lies.
    That's just what they wanted u to think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Lies.
    That's just what they wanted u to think
    Meh, in all fairyness (yes I said fairyness!!!), I don't care, we got our release date =)

*giggidy giggidy*

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Meh, in all fairyness (yes I said fairyness!!!), I don't care, we got our release date =)

*giggidy giggidy*
    I know! xD
    /dancing around flagpole emote xD

Well.....shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, I fixed it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Why would they bother to keep saying it at this point? Now that they've announced a release date on 6/28/12, they have absolutely no reason to pretend that it wasn't true, in the case that it was true.

It is of course possible that so many GW2 fans fully believing that the jerseys coincided with a release date, or at least a big important date, subtly influenced their decision to do something on that date. The human brain works funny like that.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Yup, those shirts have been there for so long that it just wouldent be possible for them to know the date when they hung those there, its just that they saw that they could fit it all within the time frame and just went with it probably.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Yup, those shirts have been there for so long that it just wouldent be possible for them to know the date when they hung those there, its just that they saw that they could fit it all within the time frame and just went with it probably.
    I think it's too much of a coincidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I think it's too much of a coincidence.
    Disagree. All that you really need to ask is: What logical reason do they have to deny it now?

The only possible relation to the shirts at this point is that, after the fans starting spreading the rumor of it being the release date, Arena Net themselves became afflicted by the rumor and decided to do something on that date.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    It was obvious once they release a few other pictures of the shirts the other day.
    ...huh? I didn't see this.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Here we have a rational explanation, that fits all the facts.
    Why all the conspiracy theories? The simplest explanation is usually true, and this is what makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't ArenaNet and American company? I doubt they put up the European method of writing dates to trick people. Probably a coincidence.

I trust Anet ... I just like a good conspiracy theory. I doubt it was THAT much of a coincidence though -- I think once they had an idea of the release (a while ago as long as tests went well, which they must have), they purposefully announced it today, knowing we'd get a kick out of it. And maybe not.

edit: (but this was after people made much ado about nothing ... i.e. the jersey's didn't mean anything originally)