Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I dunno man I'd take the wiki's info over random forum posts any day
    Well, the wiki is made by idiots just like me. If you ever visit the talk pages, your faith in the DB wiki may shake.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    and frieza, cell, cold, cooler, dabura, and a few others. i guess they meant human (since they are cyborgs) but then again piccolo is no human. i guess he meant earth based.
    Guess you forgot Dabura's fate. Then the scene when Goku was gathering energy for the Spirit Bomb that had had Android 17 in it. :P

10+ Year Old Account

I'm kind of curious as to why he didn't just say 2 and 3 during Vegeta's repetitive Super Saiyan speeches.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 03:29 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 06:15 AM ----------

btw a new dragon ball AF is out

turns out its 2 diff story lines

the Ize saga is not by toyble but by some 1 else, toyble does the xicor saga.

http://dbaf-usa.blogspot.dk/
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-07-02 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Holy crap !!! Someone call Goku and Piccolo !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    omg raditz!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty awesome, Zoma. xD Woulda never imagined to see that little sphere as a Saiyan pod.

10+ Year Old Account

dbz lives on forever

That is awesome..
    Who is ready for the easiest boss ever!

Can I ask you all something? I've recently been watching the DBZ Abridged Series by TeamFourStar, and I had this question on my mind but, what made DBZ and the other Dragonball series so memorable?

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    Can I ask you all something? I've recently been watching the DBZ Abridged Series by TeamFourStar, and I had this question on my mind but, what made DBZ and the other Dragonball series so memorable?
    Childhood memories of watching the show with friends, watching Goku and everyone else overcome impossible obstacles.

I also remember trying to do Kamehameha Waves and trying to power up to Super Saiyan for hours (Until we collapsed from exhaustion, and getting yelled at for yelling ).

Ah, nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    To me, it's the great fight scenes. Also, and more importantly, the adventure of it all. You grow up with the characters, witness how they develop in real (ish) time, and, as a kid at least, you gain a connection to the story. So say when someone dies, it just makes it all the more emotional (for me I always tear up watching Krillin die in DB and Goku at the start of DBZ).

10+ Year Old Account
    because it was so simple, no dumb love stories no terrible life stories designed to make excuses for a characters behavior. unexpected moments of characters acting differently because they had to, goku fighting freiza right after being super saiyan. goku was never like that before he was never that angry or ever before yelled at gohan. vegeta sacrificing him self against majin buu, piccolo saving gohan from nappa, gohan finally unleashing his power against cell after the death of 16. they needed no excuse for their personalities.

I mean goku knows he killed grandpa gohan in oozaru form, but he does not let that define him

Piccolo knows how evil humanity can be but does not let that define him

vegeta's entire family and race were destroyed, still a dick

just good, evil and a fight!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-07-02 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it was coming home from school with friends and sitting down to watch the new episode,it was the only show of its kind and me and my friends fell in love with it, and i also collected the cards/toys (still have a few back home tbh) lol.

Dragon ball z will always be the greatest show ever, but i also enjoy pokemon/yugi-oh/beyblades, for the same reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    also dont forget

the villains had no terrible past, they were never wronged. they just did it because they wanted to and that is more realistic than all the stuff they have today.

why was freiza evil? because he could

why were the androids evil? because they could

why was cell evil? because he could

why was super/kid buu evil? because he could

why was broly evil? because goku never shut the fuck up as a kid and let him sleep!

why is this more realistic? in real life, are bad people always wronged in some way? are they all a product of a terrible past? no
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-07-02 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    For me it would be that they fought because it was what made them Z-Fighters. They fought because it was the right thing to do or for the thrill of the fight. There was none of that "Chosen One" bullshit. "oh look you have been chosen as the "one" now you must defeat every evil that comes for you"..blehh

Also, "super saiyan" for goodness sake..it needs no explanation really.
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Texar View Post
    For me it would be that they fought because it was what made them Z-Fighters. They fought because it was the right thing to do or for the thrill of the fight. There was none of that "Chosen One" bullshit. "oh look you have been chosen as the "one" now you must defeat every evil that comes for you"..blehh

Also, "super saiyan" for goodness sake..it needs no explanation really.
    also true, goku was not a chosen one he simply trained his ass off and became super saiyan before any one else (other than non canon broly, or who knows if canon yet bardock)

I think what made me a Forever DBZ fan, was when gohan went BATSHIT insane after hearing raditz beating up his father. I knew right then and there I was going to watch/rewatch this show till the day i die.

yes, I said bat shit insane about gohan.