Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Police brutality caught on tape, also destroying the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLdowXQzoW4#!

This just sickens me... And this is far from the only case, and its FAR from as crazy as some other stuff the cops have done recently...
    Along with the dumbing down of the entire world and the propaganda machine, and along with the like what 3-4 months it takes to be a cop in the U.S... Its obvious stuff like this happens...
    I vote: PSYCHIATRIC TEST OF ANY SUBJECT WANTING TO BE A "PROTECT AND SERVE TYPE OF FELLAH"...

Also there is what, 3 states in the US its legal to sell medicinal marihuana, yet the ATF, and DEA or w/e drive around closing legal shops...
    Because its illegal in the country, but not the respective states...
    HOW DUMB IS THAT?...

They do have a psychological test to be a cop.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also there is what, 3 states in the US its legal to sell medicinal marihuana, yet the ATF, and DEA or w/e drive around closing legal shops...
    HOW DUMB IS THAT?
    Federal law trumps states law, sorry. States rights, and the states themselves, is an outdated and inefficient system. One country under a single government, not 100 some odd governments is the way we should go.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

15+ Year Old Account
    There are definitely bad cops out there, but that behavior isn't the standard. I watched the video and the methods used were inexcusable. There's no reason for an officer to take out a security camera ever. If they took the risk to be caught breaking the camera, that means what they were planning on doing off camera was far worse and therefore premeditated.

Being the media (especially NBC) has a tendency to only use what makes the cops look bad.. do you really blame them?
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Yes, this is terrible. Yes, this was abuse of power.

Let's not use it to demonise every single police officer ever, yeah? The vast majority work hard and do a good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    The marijuana store there didn't have a city permit if you watched the video you linked, therefore the cops had every right to be there and close it down. Obviously what they planned to do was wrong since they tried to break the camera. If they didn't break the camera this would not be police brutality, and would not be news worthy. That is why cops seem corrupt. You never hear in the news about a cop that did his job correctly, only when they fuck up. The media is the problem, not the couple of corrupt cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLdowXQzoW4#!

This just sickens me... And this is far from the only case, and its FAR from as crazy as some other stuff the cops have done recently...
    Along with the dumbing down of the entire world and the propaganda machine, and along with the like what 3-4 months it takes to be a cop in the U.S... Its obvious stuff like this happens...
    Police go through training that can take upwards of two years.

I vote: PSYCHIATRIC TEST OF ANY SUBJECT WANTING TO BE A "PROTECT AND SERVE TYPE OF FELLAH"...
    They already have this, in fact most police will go through 3 or 4 of them before they get the job, and then they're usually given one to two more per year depending on the type of crimes they deal with.

HOW DUMB IS THAT?...
    Federal law trumps State law. It has always been this way. That's why we have a FEDERAL law protecting minority rights and the States aren't allowed to make their own laws to the contrary. Honestly, States are passing legal-MJ laws as a show, when enough of them pass, hopefully the government gets the picture. The fact that dealers want to forget that it's still a FEDERAL CRIME is their own damn fault.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    The marijuana store there didn't have a city permit if you watched the video you linked, therefore the cops had every right to be there and close it down. Obviously what they planned to do was wrong since they tried to break the camera. If they didn't break the camera this would not be police brutality, and would not be news worthy. That is why cops seem corrupt. You never hear in the news about a cop that did his job correctly, only when they fuck up. The media is the problem, not the couple of corrupt cops.
    So I guess walking on a man and stepping on his neck after he had already surrendered quite peacefully in the video, is a'okay. Good to know.

This whole marijuana issue is just ridiculous.... just make it so it can be smoked in shops. Actually I'm against smoking since it's unhealthy. I forgot what the method is called but it doesn't burn it just heats it up to smoking point. Do that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    You never hear in the news about a cop that did his job correctly, only when they fuck up.
    no shit? i wonder why.

while I agree media is a problem, a lot of cops are useless pricks (that's from personal experience). and I'm not talking about them traffic cops either.

Eh cops deal with people that break the law and lie about it every day.

If you aren't breaking the law, it's pretty rare for the cops to be involved with you.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    They do have a psychological test to be a cop.
    Well obviously not a efficient enough test. Regardless 3-4 months to be a cop is too little. Should be 3-4 years imo, their job is to help us, get in EXTREME SITUATIONS... See crazy shit. Therefore only the best and strongest, and smartest should be chosen.

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So I guess walking on a man and stepping on his neck after he had already surrendered quite peacefully in the video, is a'okay. Good to know.

This whole marijuana issue is just ridiculous.... just make it so it can be smoked in shops. Actually I'm against smoking since it's unhealthy. I forgot what the method is called but it doesn't burn it just heats it up to smoking point. Do that instead.
    Agreed, well everybody always make the same assumption when speeking of marijuana... "Weed is bad for you, or smoking it atleast"... But there is like 700 different usages for that plant... one of them is one of the best and long lasting types of cloth fabric, others is oils packed with stuff the human body needs like hell!, another one is that the fibers from marijuana plant can be made to a type of Fiber that is stronger then fiberglass, wich is used to make boats and other stuff...
    Last edited by Johnkie; 2012-07-06 at 06:06 PM.

Certainly an unnecessary use of force after the man had surrendered peacefully, I worry why exactly the police officers decided to destroy a video surveillance camera as I can't think of any valid reason to unless what they were doing was questionable and possibly unlawful. It's stuff like this that gives the police a bad image.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Well obviously not a efficient enough test. Regardless 3-4 months to be a cop is too little. Should be 3-4 years imo, their job is to help us, get in EXTREME SITUATIONS... See crazy shit. Therefore only the best and strongest, and smartest should be chosen.[COLOR="red"]
    Psychological tests aren't all that accurate anyways.

The best, the strongest and the smartest don't become cops.

just another instance of the cops thinking because they are the law that they are above it

Police broke camera so they could pocket some pot for themselves obviously.

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 06:14 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Psychological tests aren't all that accurate anyways.

The best, the strongest and the smartest don't become cops.
    True true. But alot of sadistic people becomes cops either way...
    And i speak from personal experience aswell.

You're running an illegal marijuana dispensary, the police are going to raid you and during that raid it's not too unbelievable to assume you are armed, or others are armed in the building, and they will treat you accordingly.

If they were being polite and just casually hand cuffed the guy who "surrendered peacefully," and then he suddenly turned violent and resisted arrest, grabbed a concealed weapon and killed someone, what then?

Having your neck stepped on while being arrested is pretty minor compared to the potential risk of someone being killed.

Can't say I am to shocked. This did happen in CA after all. They been trying to shut down a lot of these shops I've heard from friends over there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excessive force? Sure. Completely avoidable by... oh, I don't know ... NOT breaking the law? Yep.