Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Friend zone is nature's way to say your genes are not passable.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Will probably get flamed but, I have to honestly admit that every time I friend zoned a girl, they would normally come back with a vengeance. Meanwhile, I would never take it that way. If I got friend zoned, I would pretend or ignore the conversation even took place probably because I didn't want to think about failure or rejection. Girls I have friend zoned though got very aggressive and downright antagonistic afterwards. My experience though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, here's the key to getting out of the friend zone or never getting in one in the first place:

Stop asking "Why did she friend zone me?" and ask yourself "What did I do to get myself friend zoned?"

When that school of thought becomes the go-to response, you will no longer be friend zoned.

Deleted
    2 ways to pull a girl who is friend zoned -

1) become a dominant alpha male in some form or another
    2) dupe the girl into thinking you are a dominant alpha male in some form or another

After you have impressed her with your alpha dominance abilities, the final move will be to take the initiative an swoop her into bed. She will be more than willing.

Works every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You state "since I have out grown my rather hormone driven young teenage ways", yet you're still talking about friend-zones?
    Grow up for real, maybe?

Deleted
    Friend zone is a term used by guys/girls in denial about romantic rejection to justify the rejection and pin the blame on the other party and save their own face in process. Truth is, nobody goes around categorising people into 'friends' or 'possible romantic interests'. If they rejected you, that means they're just not that into you. This misconception is born from people letting others down gently by saying things like 'I like you as a friend' instead of 'I don't like you', as they don't have the mental resolve to tell people straight. I wish more people would be completely honest when rejecting others, it would cause more pain in the short term but it would do away with so much false hope and bitterness in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP: I don't see the problem. What business of yours is it with whom your friend hangs out? If they like each other, good for them, why does she have to "get out of your life" just because you once were romantically involved? Seriously, get a grip on reality.

@Friendzone: I don't even pretend to get what that is. If you make a pass at someone you like and she politely rejects you, well so be it. But why not accept the fact and stay just friends without agenda? In my experience, if you know that a girl is not interested in you, it makes things very easy and comfortable because you never have to worry about making a wrong move.
    (Well actually you also shouldn't worry about that when you try to court someone, b/c it's always better to just be yourself and see if she likes YOU and not someone you pretend to be, but we all know human nature, don't we? ^_^)

Deleted
    Just stay away from all women, problem solved.

Stop asking "Why did she friend zone me?" and ask yourself "What did I do to get myself friend zoned?"
    No no no NO NO NO NO! It's NEVER the "friendzoned" person fault. Someone either likes you or not, and you can't change that by trying to be someone else. It's NEVER worth to try to be a different person to get success with the opposite sex

Friendzone is an absurd concept

My best friend had serious troubles with guys in the past... the thing is, she was (and is) good-looking, cute, extremely friendly, open and nerdy girl. She was also way too nice to people and had troubles saying no and had no idea when guys liked her or when her behavior implied she might be interested (seriously, she was a total dumbass what came to emotions like that. Having a guy sleep in the same bed as you, hanging out with him all the time, hugging them etc, and she still was shocked when she heard a guy thinks she likes him t.t). She has "friendzoned" at least a dozen guys, and I can tell you, friendzone doesn't mean she wants to be your friend. She's just too nice to tell you to fuck off because she isn't interested and your friendship would be way too awkward after your confession. In the end, she hated all these guys and swore she'd never date anyone since romantic relationships only mess things up (She does have a boyfriend now a days - it just took him three years to convince her she should give him a shot. This was also over the internet, so she didn't cut contact immediately, since she could just ignore him for a while if she started feeling too uneasy).

Friendzone is a terrible concept people use to blame others for not liking them. If someone doesn't like you as you are, move on. You can't build a relationship on lies anymore you can force someone to like you. Playing a victim won't help (even if that someone's behavior was shady at best). You can stay and get hurt even more, or cut your losses and find someone else (or try again in few months/years if you still feel like it, especially if we are talking about young person. Most likely you realize that person wasn't so special and won't bother, but perhaps they or you have changed enough to give it a new shit. Staying and begging will get you kicked in the head and leave you heartbroken).

Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post
    How dare a girl want to make friends with other people, that might also be friends with you.

Maybe she is just a friendly person, and doesn't want to sleep with everyone she meets. God, the horror.
    Nope bitches always have a motive. She is playing at something, getting with someone she wants or getting something she wants. That's modern women for you.

Friend zone means nothing, pay no attention to her what-so-ever - hell treat her like shit.

Come back tell us what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    Nope bitches always have a motive. She is playing at something, getting with someone she wants or getting something she wants. That's modern women for you.

Friend zone means nothing, pay no attention to her what-so-ever - hell treat her like shit.

Come back tell us what happens.
    ... I am a female.

15+ Year Old Account
    How dare a girl want to make friends with other people, that might also be friends with you.

Maybe she is just a friendly person, and doesn't want to sleep with everyone she meets. God, the horror.
    Exactly! She just wants to sleep with the guys who will treat her like garbage. Duh!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Will probably get flamed but, I have to honestly admit that every time I friend zoned a girl, they would normally come back with a vengeance. Meanwhile, I would never take it that way. If I got friend zoned, I would pretend or ignore the conversation even took place probably because I didn't want to think about failure or rejection. Girls I have friend zoned though got very aggressive and downright antagonistic afterwards. My experience though.
    For me it has been quite different experiences, deny them the penis and they will become some of the fiercest, most persistant girls you'll ever meet and it doesn't matter how obvious you are about not wanting her. So from my experience they do not come back in an antanonistic way, they simply do not give up though, which is just as annoying esp if you are involved/interested in someone els. The average dude would have given up way, way earlier in comparison to the girls I've "friend zoned".
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    ... I am a female.
    Would you go out with me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tylen View Post
    What friend zone stories do you guys have? Whats your advice on the matter?
    I don't have friend zone stories and I advice people to grow up.

You're only getting friendzoned if, A) you're ugly, or B) you lack confidence, or C) Both.

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    When you enter the friendzone you won't get out, ever.

Unless you're Forest Gump, if you ever get friendzoned then abandon all hope. I'm serious.
    Not true. It is possible to get out. If you're a fat guy with no confidence women won't be attracted to you.

But losing weight might spark some confidence and in turn might get women to like you more.

I'm not saying it's common, but for some people there is definitely a way out.

Deleted
    If you can get female attention from outside the friend zone you can use that as a legend of zelda hookshot to get out of the friend zone. She will then see you as acceptable to get it on with, the question is then if you want to lower yourself to get with someone who thinks like that. Cut a deal with a hot girl to see if it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to Google Friendzone to find out what it is.

How does it work? Does someone tell you they are putting you in their Friendzone? Do they add you to a website, or is their some relationship update on Facebook that I haven't seen?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Friend Zone" is your best friend saying "you're too ugly for me" .... it really is...

"Friend Zone" means you guys are great together.. the only difference between a relationship and a friendship is sex and living together.. and even then, many friends live together but dont have sex...

Point is... when a girl friend zones you... you need to call her out on it... Especially those ones that try to tell you "Why can't I ever find a sweet guy who will listen to me, and respect me, and treat me exactly how you do!""

Friendzoned by a crush and then I asked "What would u say if I wanted to date you" she said "Sure why not, it's okay to try dating"

Friendzoned people are people who are paranoid that they will never get gf/bf