Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GW2: Score in sPvP

Hi guys

since the GW2-wiki isn't really up to date about this, I would like to discuss the scoring board with you / aks some questions.

first of all: I'm gonna talk about win-score (512) and player-score (185).

1.) what counts toward the win-score (512)? We know that capped points count toward the (512) the longer they are in your colour, but what else?

2.) the (512) is apperently not cumulated through adding all player-scores (185 + 180 + 130...), it would be more than 700 in our example. What do you think about this?

3.) some players (e.g. from Team Paradigm) only uncap points (if they are in posession of an other point) but don't take the time to cap those themselves. What do you think of it?

4.) what do you think about this score-picture, anything worth mentioning?

5.) Does somebody knows what you have to do in order to get "skirmisher" points? Finishing someone? If yes, then killing someone wouldn't be the same as killing someone who is downed. Your thoughts?

6.) Has anyone an idea how total Glory/Rank Points are gained?

4 - killing players is just not worth the hassle, if you are farming glory

6 - Glory is your score plus achievements points like top player, top team, etc..

also the top score is based on how long you have the capture points and the rate of how it goes up depends also on how many you have, Killing Lords for example in Foefire gave 100 points to the top score, and 20 glory points to you if im not mistaken
    Last edited by Lusitan; 2012-07-24 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    6 - Glory is your score plus achievements points like top player, top team, etc..
    oh, this is true, good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Hi guys

since the GW2-wiki isn't really up to date about this, I would like to discuss the scoring board with you / aks some questions.

1.) what counts toward the win-score (512)? We know that capped points count toward the (512) the longer they are in your colour, but what else?

2.) the (512) is apperently not cumulated through adding all player-scores (185 + 180 + 130...), it would be more than 700 in our example. What do you think about this?

3.) some players (e.g. from Team Paradigm) only uncap points (if they are in posession of an other point) but don't take the time to cap those themselves. What do you think of it?

5.) Does somebody knows what you have to do in order to get "skirmisher" points? Finishing someone? If yes, then killing someone wouldn't be the same as killing someone who is downed. Your thoughts?

1) Each capture point awards 1 point per 1.8 seconds. 3 capture points is 3 points every 1.8 seconds. Secondary objectives do as well. Svanir and Chieftain award 25 points, Guild Lords 100.

2) See number one

3) I have never seen this done in any of the strategy guides, various commentaries, or casted games I've seen.

4) None.

5) I have no idea. I believe it has to do with fighting near a capture point or objective. I never tested this however.

6) Your player score determines the amount of glory and rank points you attain. These are as well determined by various achievements you might get in the game.

also the top score is based on how long you have the capture points and the rate of how it goes up depends also on how many you have, Killing Lords for example in Foefire gave 100 points to the top score, and 20 glory points to you if im not mistaken
    hm, but isn't capping, killing etc. counting towards (512) too?

check this video

it seems you get 1 point per sec per capture point, and 5 for finishing opponents on the top Score

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 12:35 PM ----------

you win at 500, i think all personal glory addictions stop when a team reach 500, but you can still continue to fight after that until you get portd to the next map, thats why you get 512 in that example

No. That is player score.

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 07:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    you win at 500, i think all personal glory addictions stop when a team reach 500, but you can still continue to fight after that until you get portd to the next map, thats why you get 512 in that example
    You can get over 500 if you kill a secondary objective, and that sum is greater than 500. If you are at 499, and kill Svanir, you'll have 524. The max points possible right now is therefore 599.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    3) I have never seen this done in any of the strategy guides, various commentaries, or casted games I've seen.
    at 3:40 he talks about this, didn't notice it the first time.

this tactic can be seen in this clip (5:02)

Well, he explained it right there. Uncapping is quicker than capping. He wants to kill Svanir. If he stood on the point and capped it, the other team would have sniped Svanir, and 25 points + buff is much more important than the few points he'd get from capping. If the other team didn't attack him, he'd go back and completely cap that point afterwards.

It's all risk versus reward, really. He could get maybe 5 extra points if he capped the point before killing Svanir, but he decided it wasn't worth it.

I didn't understand what you said at first. I thought you meant just uncapping and leaving the point for another point.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-07-24 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It's all risk versus reward, really. He could get maybe 5 extra points if he capped the point before killing Svanir, but he decided it wasn't worth it.
    damn I totally forgot Svanir thanks!

Since I saw a shit ton of people fighting on the paths and away from the capture points (go figure right?) I'd just like to say you get more points for killing someone on (maybe near) the capture points. When you kill someone on a capture point you get +10 objective defender points that go toward your personal score, and that's on top of the points you get for the kill.

a bit offtopic here: does anyone of you know some good sPvP guys/girls on youtube? (other than "Team Paradigm" and "Boons and Conditions" ?

Deleted
    A bit off topic: In the video with the mesmer he switches to a focus from his inventory to get a speed buff but i was under the impression that when you are in a match you are locked to your weapon choices (besides weapon swap). Did something change ?

Deleted
    a bit offtopic here: does anyone of you know some good sPvP guys/girls on youtube? (other than "Team Paradigm" and "Boons and Conditions" ?
    It depends what you're looking for and what you define as good.

Look up Ayraswag for some GW2 videos from Warrior PoV and his builds. His team is pretty good (Not just because I'm in it!) but shows you more than just a burst style comp that most teams seemed to be running.

There's also Team Legacy and Super Squad, they ran different builds aswell but their team play is also amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It depends what you're looking for and what you define as good.

Look up Ayraswag for some GW2 videos from Warrior PoV and his builds. His team is pretty good (Not just because I'm in it!) but shows you more than just a burst style comp that most teams seemed to be running.

There's also Team Legacy and Super Squad, they ran different builds aswell but their team play is also amazing.
    thanks for the tip, watched your video... nice skills!,
    I should have clarified: I prefer videos where someone comments on playing his profession, not so much shoutcasts where someone tells us where people are running around.

thanks for the tip, watched your video... nice skills!,
    I should have clarified: I prefer videos where someone comments on playing his profession, not so much shoutcasts where someone tells us where people are running around.

I know Gamebreakertv is going to be doing a show called Buildcast which may be something you're interested in watching then. I'm not sure if they'll be showing gameplay to demonstrate what they mean; at least not in the way you may want it. But it should still be an interesting watch, especially just as the game releases.

This guy is pretty good with the thief profession.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pigiaduroitastini

@ That Super Squad vid posted earlier

Gotta ask. did that Super Squad team not record/post videos on the other BWEs? Because they they definitely rolled Team Paradigm and I loved how at the end when the Necro was in trouble he knew to pick up the Warrior banner and knock peeps around. Looked like very skillful play.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys

1.) depends on the map but generally objectives owned give 1 point per second owned, player kills give 5 points and then there are secondary objectives which give varying points to the total score depending on the map.

2.) player score uses a different system to the match score and it goes to the players Glory and Rank score for the match e.g. a player kill only gives 5 points to the total match points but 10 points of Glory for the players personal score.

3.) it's a great strategy if you have good coordinating and, most importantly, map control, it is just basically points denial. due to point neutralization being MUCH faster than point capture you can basically use it to deny points and force the opposing team to waste time capturing it while you take/do something else.

4.) the "+" sign next to the team names allows you to switch teams to join a friend if you are on opposite sides as long as the balance between groups is not greater than +1. you should assist in killing The Chieftan and Svanir if you want to up your Glory score, also resing downed allies is very important not only to give you +10 points to your Glory score for each person resed, but also could turn the tide of any skirmish as long as you don't end up getting downed yourself.

5.) Skirmisher points are gained when you help fight someone and they are then sent to the defeated state either through death attrition, damaging them while they are in downed state or using the finisher move on them. note that you do not have to be the one to send them to the defeated state and you can anywhere on the map and still receive the points.

6.) Glory and rank are gained from all the things listed at the bottom of the score board.you get the same number for each unless you use a Glory Booster, in which case you get more:
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

http://www.youtube.com/user/theGijesus

examples

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Moldran
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Plasmatism
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Teldo
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGenip
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamTempestGaming
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-07-25 at 03:25 AM.