Do you think that there are any "lost races" of humanity?

I'm watching a documentary on Human evolution, and supposedly original humans lived in Africa, and had darker skin. With over 250,000 years of evolution, do you think that it is possible that there once existed a race of humans that didn't look like any of the known races today? ( IE. Caucasian, Black, Hispanic, Asian etc. )

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not humans as we know them today. They would have been a distant ancestor of ours

Not a "race" of human, but they were in the same genus and died out very recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    No, not humans as we know them today. They would have been a distant ancestor of ours
    I mean I'm not talking about a separate race like Neandarthals. I meant within the modern human race, do you think it's possible that a race once existed that didn't look like any of our current races? Perhaps one that was bred out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I mean I'm not talking about a separate race like Neandarthals. I meant within the modern human race, do you think it's possible that a race once existed that didn't look like any of our current races? Perhaps one that was bred out?
    Well, some homo sapiens moved out of Africa in waves around 10,000 years ago. So I would assume that the chances of a "lost race" would be slim as there would be some evidence. Either that or the differences in this lost race would be so minute that we wouldn't be able to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Elohel View Post
    Well, some homo sapiens moved out of Africa in waves around 10,000 years ago. So I would assume that the chances of a "lost race" would be slim as there would be some evidence. Either that or the differences in this lost race would be so minute that we wouldn't be able to tell.
    I was just curious because it's hard to imagine black humans slowly evolving into Asians, Caucasians, Hispanic etc. without any "in between." I don't know though, it's really hard to imagine the human race evolving from one to another over time but supposedly it happened.

There are tribes in South America for one that have no contact with other civilizations (and the government has a "no contact" pact on them.) That's about as "lost" as they come for "races of humanity." Note: There are possibly other similar occurrences of such but I'm not familiar with their documentation and they aren't any more remote or "lost" than the South American ones.

What did you want? Green skinned humans? Sea humans? Pygmies?
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    What did you want? Green skinned humans? Sea humans? Pygmies?
    they are called orcs nagas and gnomes!

Deleted
    Other color skinned humans? No.

A subspecies or similar species of humans, yes, but those have been extinct for roughly 50 000 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, not our evolution but there are gaps in other "trees", the ones that did not lead up to us HS.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just curious because it's hard to imagine black humans slowly evolving into Asians, Caucasians, Hispanic etc. without any "in between." I don't know though, it's really hard to imagine the human race evolving from one to another over time but supposedly it happened.
    Skin color is merely a reaction to light and temperature. And ancient humans, dark-skinned as they may have been, looked nothing like modern africans.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The question makes more sense if you think of "races" as just really large families. No dubt there have been countless such families throughout history that aren't around anymore for one reason or another.

Deleted
    I'm watching a documentary on Human evolution, and supposedly original humans lived in Africa, and had darker skin.
    Recent study actually states that the original humans came from asia. You're a bit behind it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I imagine we looked quite similar a long ways back.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

And this is why English needs to stop using race to define skin colour or ethnicity...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Recent study actually states that the original humans came from asia. You're a bit behind it seems.
    Link please.