15+ Year Old Account

xboxlive question

Asking here because this is the only forum I'm active on.

Anyways, I just set up a xboxlive account for my 12 year old nephew for his birthday, paid for the whole year. His family is not doing so well financially so this was a big deal for him since his family can't afford it. My question is, how can you set it so he can't just go and add MS points whenever he feels like it. Yes he's my nephew, yes we love him, but I wouldn't be a responsible adult if I thought I could trust a 12 year old kid not to charge our card. I looked all over the xboxlive account settings page. Also, I can't remove the card while it's linked to a paying account.

Not sure what else to do other than call them which I don't feel like doing if I can avoid it. Just figured I would ask here before subjecting myself to customer service.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Should be able to buy a 12 month sub card, put it on the sub, and remove your CC.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Should be able to buy a 12 month sub card, put it on the sub, and remove your CC.
    Yeah, this is what you should do. And I'm not sure if there's any other fix unless you're willing to use another credit card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahh crap, I'm such an idiot. I don't know why I didn't think of that first. I already purchased the subscription by just sitting down at his xbox and setting it all up. I've only ever setup one xboxlive account one time, which was my own, and that was like 4 years ago. Haven't touched it since as far as setting up an account. Never even crossed my mind.
    Last edited by select20; 2012-08-24 at 06:30 AM.
    my SWTOR referal link:

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Ahh crap, I'm such an idiot. I don't know why I didn't think of that first. I already purchased the subscription by just sitting down at his xbox and setting it all up. I've only ever setup one xboxlive account one time, which was my own, and that was like 4 years ago. Haven't touched it since as far as setting up an account. Never even crossed my mind.
    Did you buy all 12 months at once or did you do a month-to-month sub?

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you buy all 12 months at once or did you do a month-to-month sub?
    All at once. But when I tried to remove the card after it was charged, it wouldn't let me because it needed an active CC on the account for it to remain active. I was hoping I could put some password or something so he couldn't add points to it.
    Last edited by select20; 2012-08-24 at 06:33 AM.
    my SWTOR referal link:

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    All at once.
    If the charge has gone through, I would think you could remove your CC info from the account?

You could also check the parental settings? I would imagine there would be something in there for password protecting any kind of purchases.

Deleted
    In parental settings you should be able to do so he can't purchase stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimuk View Post
    In parental settings you should be able to do so he can't purchase stuff.
    Ahh okay awesome, didn't think to look there since I never use it. I'm heading to bed but I'll check it right before everyone is out. I'll update tomorrow.

Thanks all so much for the advice and replies. Wanted to be smart about all this
    my SWTOR referal link: