Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage1 View Post
    You have the legendary which explains why you are hitting for so high.

I have better stats than you overall in terms of optimizing for reforging as my stats are:

25 % haste, 35 % crit, 16 % mastery and exactly 15.3 % hit.

The only thing you beat me on is mastery, but I have significantly more haste than you. So i'm either calling bulls*it on your dps numbers or the legendary is really making a 10 k dps difference.

Fire is no where near as good as you claim it to be.

I'll upload logs after raid tomorrow. It's not bullshit.

It's all about learning how to use inferno blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post

Oh, and please, enlighten us all on how you think we should be using inferno blast.

Because, as far as I'm concerned, you use it after you get a fireball critical so you can get a hot streak proc. then you combust. If the hot streak proc is critical you use inferno blast again to get another hot streak proc and so forth.

Essentially it starts like this:

fire ball critical fishing -> Inferno blast when FB critical occurs -> HS PROC + COMBUST (IF HS PROC CRITS) -> INFERNO AGAIN -> HS PROC -> fireball (refresh bomb).

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 01:34 AM ----------

Also to add, you have the legendary, which may very well be significantly increasing the DPS you claim to be doing. So, it is not out of line for me to say that fire is crap at 85 for those who don't have the legendary.

Deleted
    I would Cast another FB after HS Pyro so that the Pyro can hit the target before I use combustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    I would Cast another FB after HS Pyro so that the Pyro can hit the target before I use combustion.
    Or refresh frost bomb. The degree to which we are comparing the DPS isn't going to be closed by just that, while it may help, it won't explain why someone with the legendary is pulling 50 k + on ultrax vs. someone without the legendary pulling 40 k.

Adding in a fireball wont increase your dps by 10 k.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 01:58 AM ----------

I found you Zavri:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...igerati/simple

Deleted
    Maybe they just got more crits than you?

Could definitely improve inferno blast usage. I think the legendary is eating up heating up procs, which is causing wasted inferno blasts to force a pyro proc.

Maybe this issue "might" cause the legendary to not be BiS ? Need more testing.

But so far definite DPS Boost as fire. I played frost a tiny bit but was pretty shit. And Arcane is broken and not usable.
    hot streak was already consumed before the patch and it was BIS so it wont make any difference now

you now have Hot streak and heating up.... so you have a better notification when you will override your hotstreak with DTR

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    So after a night of raiding dragonsoul with the new arcane playstyle all I can say is the spec is pretty well ruined for me now. While blizz succeeded in making the rotation more complex, they destroyed the complexity of the playstyle, which is what made arcane fun in the first place (at least for me). If anyone else played arcane I'd like to see what you think now that these changes are live. Not trying to be a debbie downer I just really liked cata arcane.
    Its clearly been said that arcane wont be viable till level 90!! i hope someone like swizzle just sticky this lol

so dont worry its not "ruined", youve just been misformed about arcane rotation at level90 not 85 rotation >_>

tried arcane today a bit.....man.... i keep forgeting to keep my dot up -_- stupid mana management at lvl85
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2012-08-29 at 06:58 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I was aware that arcane that arcane is currently not viable but I woke up ten minutes before raid so I didn't bother respeccing and I have always been one to pick the unpopular mage spec and make it work. And I am not misinformed about the rotation at 90, I am quite aware that arcane is just fire with a hard hitting dump spell added to the mix (nuke, hit procs, dump charges, keep bomb up) even with the IW, being FORCED to use procs rather than having use them strategically took away the only element of complexity from arcane's playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by Mage1 View Post
    Or refresh frost bomb. The degree to which we are comparing the DPS isn't going to be closed by just that, while it may help, it won't explain why someone with the legendary is pulling 50 k + on ultrax vs. someone without the legendary pulling 40 k.

Adding in a fireball wont increase your dps by 10 k.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 01:58 AM ----------

I found you Zavri:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...igerati/simple
    uhh yeah that isn't me.

Wouldn't take a detective to find my armory. Here i'll link for you: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zavri/advanced

just got done with raid not too long ago, (fire) I'm literally amazed at how much my consistent damage has improved over the patch...

i have shit for crit ( about 25%, 1700) after the patch and i did

ultraxion 56k
    morchok 49k
    zonozz 62k
    spine tendon dps 1.3mil a pop
    yors 52k
    warmaster 42k
    madness 60k

needless to say I'm happy, (403 ilvl with legendary) with these results, i understand we are not balanced for level 85, nor should we be(enjoy it for the next 4 weeks )
    fire is by no means op at level 85, it is however the most consistent mage spec ATM for dealing high amounts of aoe and single target damage.

Combustion with glyp or without .. still trying to figure that out ??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mejn View Post
    Combustion with glyp or without .. still trying to figure that out ??
    With. I went with FFB, Combustion, and Fire Blast. Seemed to work excellent.
    My Armory
    *The Afflicted*
    **US-Greymane, 25 man 5/16 HM, US top 100**
    ***Recruiting core spots for almost every class for MoP***

Deleted
    quick question: fb on we works whit t13 to accumulate stack before fight start?

10+ Year Old Account
    if you mean frostfire bolt, yes.
    My Armory
    *The Afflicted*
    **US-Greymane, 25 man 5/16 HM, US top 100**
    ***Recruiting core spots for almost every class for MoP***

Deleted
    no i mean cast frostbolt on water elemental(now we can do it for heal our pet) for accumulate stolen(T13)

uhh yeah that isn't me.

Wouldn't take a detective to find my armory. Here i'll link for you: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zavri/advanced
    Still have better stats than you. How are you doing such high dps... only way is from the leg.

Someone else please try and prove me wrong, but as long as you aren't blind, compare both my stats and his stats and then decide for yourselves why he is doing 54 k + DPS on ultrax and I'm stuck at 40 k.
    Last edited by Mage1; 2012-08-29 at 01:56 PM.

I will miss Pulverize

Some observations as frost. This is on lvl85 test dummy, with Arcane Brilliance and Molten Armor buffs only. This is before any reforging (using my Arcane gear from 4.3).
    Crit 24.64%
    Haste 9.94%
    Hit 16.45%
    Mastery 39.25%
    SP 10669

I did a 3min session with only one use of IV

Obesrvations:
    ALL ice lances (58 of them) and all FFB (16) critted. Makes sense since crit soft cap against mobs of same level is 25%.
    Ice lance was the biggest portion of my dmg by far (36.3%), followed by FB (19.2%).
    However FB represented 40% of my time spent attacking.
    Water Elemental accountd for 10% damage.
    Apparently a squirrel, a rabbit, and a rat were unfortunate collateral damage.

I will try reforging with the strategy of 15% hit > 28% crit > mastery = haste and see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    Some observations as frost. This is on lvl85 test dummy, with Arcane Brilliance and Molten Armor buffs only. This is before any reforging (using my Arcane gear from 4.3).
    Crit 24.64%
    Haste 9.94%
    Hit 16.45%
    Mastery 39.25%
    SP 10669

I did a 3min session with only one use of IV

Obesrvations:
    ALL ice lances (58 of them) and all FFB (16) critted. Makes sense since crit soft cap against mobs of same level is 25%.
    Ice lance was the biggest portion of my dmg by far (36.3%), followed by FB (19.2%).
    However FB represented 40% of my time spent attacking.
    Water Elemental accountd for 10% damage.
    Apparently a squirrel, a rabbit, and a rat were unfortunate collateral damage.

I will try reforging with the strategy of 15% hit > 28% crit > mastery = haste and see.
    I can imagine the bolded part leading to Frost Mages getting the same reputation as they had in early Cataclysm. If Ice Lance hits for more than Frostbolt, something is off. Blizzard needs to figure out a way to make Frost good for PvE without making them OP in PvP. It doesn't seem like they can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatos View Post
    With. I went with FFB, Combustion, and Fire Blast. Seemed to work excellent.
    Why with glyph of combustion? Any really meaningful reasons?
    PS: Haste Calculator will be updated shortly! (Thats also why i'm asking cuz there really wasnt any space to implement the glyphed comb radio buttons due to its fast additional ticks scaling -.-)
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2012-08-29 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Glyph of combustion is pretty much a no-brainer with the current 4pc. Currently the cd is 45 sec and it lasts 10 seconds. The t13 4pc has been changed to 5% reduced cd for every stack of stolen time, with a max of 10 stacks still. There's just no way you can possibly get 10 stacks of stolen time reliably in that short a window to make benefit of your 4pc bonus at all.
    Stacks of stolen time also disapear after combustion expires no? Then you have from 35 sec to 22.5 sec timeframe to stack up to 10 times. Can't even do that with arcane blast's 100% chance, let alone fireball's longer cast time and 50% chance.

Edit: even if the stacks from 45sec -35sec also add up to reduced cd, then you still only have 22.5 sec total to try and get 10 stacks which won't happen unless you run hotter than the sun with the 50% chance and have a decent amount of instant hot streaks too.
    Last edited by mmocfb5d9aca2a; 2012-08-29 at 02:54 PM.