10+ Year Old Account

How good will I be able to run my games/3d software on this?

So I just bought a PC this weekend at a local computer store, and should have it ready before the end of the week. They're here since 6 years and I kept hearing good comments about them, so I gave a shot. However, I'd like to know what's your opinion on the PC I bought -- I'm really good with softwares and stuff, but when it comes to hardware, I'm a complete n00b so I can easily get played. On the computer, I'm mainly planning to use 3D softwares and play games (hopefully in really high settings). Here's what I bought:

Motherboard: Z77 Extreme 4 & i7 3770K 4.60Ghz Turbo Boost
    Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5Ghz @ 4.2Ghz Turbo Boost 8Mb 22nm
    Cooling: NZXT Havik 120 / Dual 120mm FAN
    Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX670 2Gb GDDR5 Dx11 HDMI
    Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16Gb 2x8Gb DDR3-1600Mhz
    Hard Disk (3D softwares & one or two games I'm playing often): SSD Corsair Force 3 120Gb Sata 3 6Gb/s
    Hard Disk #2: 1000Gb 7200RPM Sata 3 6Gb/s
    Power Supply: NZXT Hale82 750W 80+ Modulaire

I paid 1700$ CA for this.

Was it worth it? If it was, which pieces will have to be changed in a year? Thanks for the help!

EDIT: here's a list of games/softwares I'm planning to run on my computer:

Guild Wars 2
    World of Warcraft
    Alice Madness Return
    Dota 2
    League of Legends
    Skyrim
    The Witcher 2
    -------------------
    3DS MAX (lots of render)
    Photoshop CS6
    Zbrush
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2012-09-09 at 04:28 PM.

Parts list is good for the use so nothing wrong there.

Guessing that first part you need to change is getting bigger SSD to fit all your programs and games.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Parts list is good for the use so nothing wrong there.

Guessing that first part you need to change is getting bigger SSD to fit all your programs and games.
    Nice! As for game visual capacity, do you think I'd be able to run games like The Witcher 2 at very high? And for the other pieces, how long will they last until I have to change them?

I know I ask a lot, but I genuinely know nothing about this XD

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Nice! As for game visual capacity, do you think I'd be able to run games like The Witcher 2 at very high?
    On single 1920x1080 monitor should be able to play it one step down from maxed out. Witcher2 has probably the highest requirements for graphics card currently in any game.

And for the other pieces, how long will they last until I have to change them?
    Five-ish years if you're happy with medium settings on most demanding games. Graphics card usually gets obsoleted first, but you can upgrade it totally separate from everything else.

Just occured to me... Do you have good enough screens to actually do color accurate work on photoshop? High enough resolution to fit in all palettes? I'd say having two 1920x1080 monitors would be pretty much minimum usable for you, and at least one of those being very high quality (and price) for accurate colors.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Don't waste your money on 1600 mhz memory.. it won't help that much as it should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    Don't waste your money on 1600 mhz memory.. it won't help that much as it should.
    It was the basics, can't downgrade it :O What makes them not worth it?

On single 1920x1080 monitor should be able to play it one step down from maxed out. Witcher2 has probably the highest requirements for graphics card currently in any game.

Five-ish years if you're happy with medium settings on most demanding games. Graphics card usually gets obsoleted first, but you can upgrade it totally separate from everything else.

Just occured to me... Do you have good enough screens to actually do color accurate work on photoshop? High enough resolution to fit in all palettes? I'd say having two 1920x1080 monitors would be pretty much minimum usable for you, and at least one of those being very high quality (and price) for accurate colors.
    Bought two 1920x1080 monitors (23,6 inches each) with a 50 000 000:1 contrast. Pretty much the best I could find on the market that didn't cost over 300 bucks. I'd believe this should be quite good for my photoshop needs (texturing/websites) I hoped to be able to run Witcher 2 at max settings -- my motherboard support SLI (from what the vendor said). Should I buy another GeForce 670 if I want to achieve max setting? I know I'm also running projects with over 2 million polygons at once on the screen, will this be able to run it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    As far as I recall 1600 mhz is the top of the line and then it diminishes greatly.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

It was the basics, can't downgrade it :O What makes them not worth it?
    On the contrary, fast memory will help with big 3D rendering projects and scientific calculation more than with anything else people usually do on computers.

Pretty much the best I could find on the market that didn't cost over 300 bucks. I'd believe this should be quite good for my photoshop needs (texturing/websites)
    Depends on how accurate color you need. For print media you need $1000 monitors to be sure the color on your screen and on magazine are exactly the same, but web is more lenient with that.

I hoped to be able to run Witcher 2 at max settings -- my motherboard support SLI (from what the vendor said). Should I buy another GeForce 670 if I want to achieve max setting?
    There are certain settings in Witcher2 that pushes even best graphics card to it's knees. I'd suggest you try it out first, and then consider alternatives if it's too slow for you.

I know I'm also running projects with over 2 million polygons at once on the screen, will this be able to run it?
    Gaming cards like GTX670 are not meant for 3D modeling like 3DS Max. It will run for sure, and probably pretty good, but the professional workstation cards can give twenty times faster FPS when zooming/rotating around wireframe/preview models. Again this is something you need to try out first to see how big problem it is for you.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary, fast memory will help with big 3D rendering projects and scientific calculation more than with anything else people usually do on computers.

Depends on how accurate color you need. For print media you need $1000 monitors to be sure the color on your screen and on magazine are exactly the same, but web is more lenient with that.

There are certain settings in Witcher2 that pushes even best graphics card to it's knees. I'd suggest you try it out first, and then consider alternatives if it's too slow for you.

Gaming cards like GTX670 are not meant for 3D modeling like 3DS Max. It will run for sure, and probably pretty good, but the professional workstation cards can give twenty times faster FPS when zooming/rotating around wireframe/preview models. Again this is something you need to try out first to see how big problem it is for you.
    Allright, I'll check this up. You were of a great help, vesseblah, and I thank you for the time you've taken to help me better understand my computer