Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Healer using least mana?

I know that Resto Druids have always been the/one of the most mana conserving Healers - the spec having the most regen etc. But with the launch of MoP and the introduction of Mistweavers, is that any different now?

As a paladin i feel like the one going oom first...

Deleted
    i play both a monk and a resto druid, currentl 2/6 hc... i switched to the monk because its AOE healing is just far superior, and it just has more things to do which makes the class more fun. Druid is basically, wildgrowth, efflorence, afk 10secs till either are off cd. At least as a monk u have stuff to do!

A druid can easily go oom tho by spamin rejuvs on ppl (the only way ur gonna improve and reach monk/shaman AOE healing), just like a monk can go oom by spaming say spinning crane kick for more uplifts or something.

I think it all depends on how u play the class, but ive noticed no difference in the mana on both characters, maybe teh druid is slightly better but thats mainly cause u dont do anything...........

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    maybe teh druid is slightly better but thats mainly cause u dont do anything...........

If this is what you think I don't think you are playing a druid right.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Why do you want to know? Do you want to play the class with the best regen just because you want to suck less? Play whatever class you enjoy more in terms of mechanics. If it's hard, do it anyway and stop being a pansy and take up the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Stack more spirit and mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Why do you want to know? Do you want to play the class with the best regen just because you want to suck less? Play whatever class you enjoy more in terms of mechanics. If it's hard, do it anyway and stop being a pansy and take up the challenge.
    OP wants to do X
    You tell OP, don't do X, "do what you want to do", so do Y because I said so.

Real helpful.

I feel all healer's regen* is ok when you emphasis Spirit heavily. I do notice Monk's mana is pretty sturdy until shit hits the fan, but then again no healer can sustain that kind of damage anyway.

*Priests don't count. They're not in a good place atm imo.

/stare

What?

I think its shaman, and pallies using the lest and priests using the most, but Im not sure on that

As a prot warrior, I am burning through mana way quicker then everyone, and our regen is nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    I think you got a little too excited over a simple question.

Deleted
    Priest says hi.

A monk can keep up with other healers and spend very little mana, however if things start to go wrong and we need to lift it up when we end up chewing through our mana fairly quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    If this is what you think I don't think you are playing a druid right.
    can play a druid just fine, had many high ranks on wols. fact is, in aoe situations, all you can really do is wildgrowth, efflorence, and then maybe detonate some mushrooms and wait until any of them come off cd, whcih is normally a good 5+ seconds. you could as i said, spam rejuv on some people, but that will make u oom. maybe when your stacking around 10-12k+ spirit it'll become more viable.

fact is tho druids are more about cds, when they can tranq, and tree form, sure they do a lot of HPS, but the rest of the time they are pretty useless compared to a monk who has amazing AOE all the time, plus a pretty insane tranq like CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    A monk can keep up with other healers and spend very little mana, however if things start to go wrong and we need to lift it up when we end up chewing through our mana fairly quickly.
    your usin glyphed uplift to use mana not chi? if so that'll easily oom u in seconds, the glpyh is a bad idea imo

10+ Year Old Account
    i play both a monk and a resto druid, currentl 2/6 hc... i switched to the monk because its AOE healing is just far superior, and it just has more things to do which makes the class more fun. Druid is basically, wildgrowth, efflorence, afk 10secs till either are off cd. At least as a monk u have stuff to do!

A druid can easily go oom tho by spamin rejuvs on ppl (the only way ur gonna improve and reach monk/shaman AOE healing), just like a monk can go oom by spaming say spinning crane kick for more uplifts or something.

I think it all depends on how u play the class, but ive noticed no difference in the mana on both characters, maybe teh druid is slightly better but thats mainly cause u dont do anything...........
    Holy crap.... I play my druid wrong.. All wrong, all years and expansions long...

Until today the main reason why I had so much fun as Resto druid was the opposite of what you just said.
    Because I am in a constant state of casting.
    Efflorescence is gone btw. It's rolled into Swiftmend...
    I have to make sure I have a 100% uptime of Harmony, I ideally make sure I get as many Living Seeds placed on single targets that will get hit next with burst dmg.
    And and and... I claim, no other healer class relies so heavy on prediction than resto druids. No one else needs to know so intensively what happens next.
    Resto is all about HoT's Our single target spells are all slow, and to be efficient we need to maintain Emergency CD's.

What you explained here is rather a scenario where a raid places a few ppl, that are known to usually screw it up anyway, somewhere in a safe spot and put you the druid there to kind of blanket heal them.
    You are correct, that if we blanket the raid with RJ as we used to, we are running OOM faster than we can spell it.

And on fights that are heavily spread out all over the place, we are screwed. Because we either go OOM from RJ"s now, or we stand around as worthless as it gets.
    I tend to tank, and melee heal for those phases, to have some value. Raid heals on spread out ranged, might as well use bandages.

your usin glyphed uplift to use mana not chi? if so that'll easily oom u in seconds, the glpyh is a bad idea imo
    No I never said that...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And and and... I claim, no other healer class relies so heavy on prediction than resto druids. No one else needs to know so intensively what happens next.

What you explained here is rather a scenario where a raid places a few ppl, that are known to usually screw it up anyway, somewhere in a safe spot and put you the druid there to kind of blanket heal them.
    You are correct, that if we blanket the raid with RJ as we used to, we are running OOM faster than we can spell it.

And on fights that are heavily spread out all over the place, we are screwed. Because we either go OOM from RJ"s now, or we stand around as worthless as it gets.
    I tend to tank, and melee heal for those phases, to have some value. Raid heals on spread out ranged, might as well use bandages.
    um, Disc priests say what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    um, Disc priests say what?
    This.
    I, just...
    Every single thing I have is based on Spirit, as much as I get, it is never enough, and having to predict damage is all well and good, (like on Feng, I fucking bomb that shit), but unless everyone does stuff perfectly, it doesn't work that well.

I go disc on Feng, trying disc on Elegon progression, and holy for everything else.

If you want mana to play with, don't roll any priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    This.
    I, just...
    Every single thing I have is based on Spirit, as much as I get, it is never enough, and having to predict damage is all well and good, (like on Feng, I fucking bomb that shit), but unless everyone does stuff perfectly, it doesn't work that well.

I go disc on Feng, trying disc on Elegon progression, and holy for everything else.

I'm a resto druid and the only other healing class I've enjoyed are discs. Both rely heavily on prediction but I gotta agree discs do overcome resto druids on that part a bit because of the shields. But hey, there are lots of prediction in druids as well with hots, living seed etc. And I love how Swiftmend (efflor) works, you can really tell the difference between a good resto druid and a bad one just by his swiftmend targets.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    This.
    I, just...

I just went holy on elegon, the extra mana just makes it so much more worth it

Deleted
    I know that our healers have been monitoring their mana regen throughout our progression fights. On our Heroic Feng kill, our Resto Druid had about 40% Mana left, when the boss died. Our Shaman and Holy Priest were both close to oom and had been really low on Mana for a while. It's not because our Resto Druid isn't healing, they were all pretty close healing wise.

The only reason why he had that much Mana left, is because he has a shit ton of Spirit. Cause when we took a look at Mana regen during the first week, he had the least Mana regain of all our healers.

So yeah, stack more Spirit is all I can really say.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    Stack more spirit and mastery.

OP wants to do X
    You tell OP, don't do X, "do what you want to do", so do Y because I said so.

Real helpful.

I feel all healer's regen* is ok when you emphasis Spirit heavily. I do notice Monk's mana is pretty sturdy until shit hits the fan, but then again no healer can sustain that kind of damage anyway.

*Priests don't count. They're not in a good place atm imo.
    Because encouraging class choice based on difficulty level rather than mechanic enjoyment is helpful. MMO-C for you.