Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To curb an attempted genocide, yes.

Anything else would require an invasion of my home soil.

Deleted
    Well, it would depend on what the war was about and how healthy I was at the time. Something like the defence of the Second Spanish Republic against Franco and the Axis fascists? Definitely. Something like the South Ossetia war? Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    inb4 some political douche.

I agree with you - but I would only do it to prevent another Hitler-esque situation
    A Hitler-esque situation is already happening, with America trying to control every country on the planet.
    As soon as you step out of line you get invaded.

Deleted
    No, not even if it was to protect my country.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wouldnt, then you dont deserve to reap the benefits of living in your country. Get the hell out if you arent willing to defend your home country cowards
    Last edited by Orlong; 2012-10-25 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    A Hitler-esque situation is already happening, with America trying to control every country on the planet.
    Yup, like that time we exterminated the French for opposing the Iraqi invasion.

Showed them what's what, I'll tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would try and get employed in the forces (Marines, Airforce, Navy, anything!), but only if my country was at risk, not if my country declared war on some country we invade for the resources!

10+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes wonder if we would even be a country anymore if todays mamby pamby generation were around during Pearl Harbor

Yes.
    Though knowing that only country that could attack my country, is, errr, kinda big, mobilisation probably wouldnt even start before we would be occupied.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a heartbeat.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I thought this was 2012, not 1939. You may as well ask me if I would go fight in Carthage.
    It's the same moral argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's the same moral argument.
    I don't see it happening again so, no.

Absolutely, if it was a certainty that the opposing force would invade and slaughter mercilessly unless their actions were intervened. Those who would rather mount their moral high horses have no right to do anything other than smile as they observe their loved ones executed. After all, if there's one adage yet to be seen as untrue, it is the following;

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I don't see it happening again so, no.
    So even if you were in that position, you wouldn't do it? Or is it just that Hitler was the one case where there was a bad person in the world invading others?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    So even if you were in that position, you wouldn't do it? Or is it just that Hitler was the one case where there was a bad person in the world invading others?
    I don't know, I don't live in a world of hypothetical situations.

Only if it was threatening my home country. Like a war in Europe.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If you wouldnt, then you dont deserve to reap the benefits of living in your country. Get the hell out if you arent willing to defend your home country cowards
    I happily pay taxes to support my government and the EU, why don't I deserve benefits? The people demand that the government finds peaceful solutions to conflicts, if they fail at it then they are the ones who need removing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Rofl, back under your bridge eurotroll...back, back.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Rofl, back under your bridge eurotroll...back, back.
    Also, the fact you are from the UK makes your post ironically hilarious. The British Empire would like a word with you...

I don't know, I don't live in a world of hypothetical situations.
    The question posits a hypothetical situation, that's the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a foreign country threatened the land of England, I would have no choice but to defend it. I couldn't live with myself if I ran away considering the sacrifices of my predecessors in WW1 and WW2. I have nothing but complete respect and admiration for the people that bravely gave their lives for the freedom that is so often abused in my society today. I would be a disgrace of a man if I did not also put my life on the line to protect what my ancestors also protected, even though god knows many people in my country don't deserve it.
    "The truth, my goal."