Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best free Virus protection?

Hey I was just wondering if anyone is using a good free anti virus they would recommend. I know there is AVG but any others out there?

Avast!
    /10
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

I use Microsoft Security Essentials its pretty lightweight gets updated a lot. Never had a virus/trojan to test it on though and I have Malwarebytes to.
    Last edited by Lyaral; 2012-10-25 at 12:22 AM.

I use MSE as well and have never had any issues with viruses/malware, then again i am very cautious about what sites i go to and what i click on etc.
    i5-7600k @ 3.80 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    AORUS nVidia GeFroce 1080ti 11G Xtreme Edition

Best Antivirus

I think Immunet antivirus program is the best. I’m using it and satisfied with its performance. It gets updated automatically and provides protection from malwares, bots, viruses etc.

Im using Avira and it works awesome dont know whats the best, but there is Avast and AVG too that I know many ppl are using

10+ Year Old Account
    AVG
    /tenchar

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Both AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials. They're both regularly updated and free.

The only reason I don't use Avast is because it's annoying when the chick's voice comes on a says AVAST UPDATED; AVAST SCANNING...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    AVG Free here too, i use that and Malwarebytes and never have any issues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    The only reason I don't use Avast is because it's annoying when the chick's voice comes on a says AVAST UPDATED; AVAST SCANNING...
    I use Avast. You can turn that off.

Deleted
    Currently i really like Avast, if its the best i dunno but i change occationly if an annoying feature occures.

Deleted
    AVG.

10chars.

<Nope>

Kaspersky FTW
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-11-01 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    NOD32! is also good

Deleted
    Avast with Pirate Language Pack.

Want to remove that annoying talking, you can OR you could turn it into pirate talk.

Avast with Malwarebytes and you'll be good to go.

Deleted
    Using AVast although it's a bit spammy with it's "virus database has been updated" and "your licence has expired" every half year followed by a screen with a huge "buy" button and a tiny "use the free version" button :P It has detected quite a few malicious sites (mainly banners) but also had a couple of false positives on WoW that were fixed in an hour.

I've heard good things about AVG but after having to dislodge it from my dad's PC because it cannot be uninstalled unless you use a special toolkit from AVG themselves I found it a bit too much like a virus itself.

Also heard good things about Eset NOD32.

@Rainmaker: that's pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydeeps View Post
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone is using a good free anti virus they would recommend. I know there is AVG but any others out there?
    I'd say Avast or Avira, i'm using Avast my self.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

10+ Year Old Account
    MSE is one of the best free antivirus on the market, highly recommend it.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by alex14 View Post
    Kaspersky FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post
    NOD32! is also good
    As far as I know those 2 don't have free versions.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

15+ Year Old Account
    The new AVG 2013 is awesome. I have been a long time user of Avg and swear by it. AVG is lightweight and has great detection capability. I just uninstalled Kaspersky cause my subscription was up on my home comp and I like it better.

I have been a graphic artist for over 16 years and managed sign shop for 10 of those...i have used trend micro products, norton (worst detection ever), avira, avast (that my current company uses on most computers) and of course AVG. I just cleaned a boot sector virus off our router computer with avg that avast failed to detect.

AVG 2013 free is the way to go.