Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crewskills and making credits?

Before I quit I use to just sit by 2 big chests on Illum with 2 characters and rotate sending all their companions on Slicing and UWT missions and made a ton. But because I ended up on a lame server when they all got merged Im having to reroll as my side is worse than the Alliance ever thought about being when it comes to PvP. Im talking doing WZs for 5-6 hours and won like 2. Id rather just reroll and start over than suffer through the same crap I had to in WoW where you just lose all day long to premade after premade.

Just wondering what crewskills are best for making credits? Are any crafting skills any good now? Certainly they had to have been buffed since I quit because that was when the only thing useful was Biochem. Or would it be better to just buy stuff off the Cartel Market and sell that on the GTN? I dont know if people are buying these things but some Cartel stuff is going for 600K-3 mil depending on the item.

I've never personally had much luck making money off Crew Skills. I know after they introduced augment kits Armortech, ArmorMech, and Synthweaving all got a boost because they could make kits and the augments. I think that has mostly died down now.

Selling things off the cartel market seems to be the most reliable way to earn credits (assuming you don't want to do dailies). One thing to be aware of though is F2P have a credit limit of 250k and Preferred have a credit limit of 350k. So if you want to sell things like the Artifact Gear Unlock you would need to sell them at a price point those people could afford, otherwise you are unlikely to see them sell.

Deleted
    Until they sort out the P2W'ness of it, selling the offensive space pack is a quick 600K.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

Selling things off the cartel market seems to be the most reliable way to earn credits (assuming you don't want to do dailies). One thing to be aware of though is F2P have a credit limit of 250k and Preferred have a credit limit of 350k. So if you want to sell things like the Artifact Gear Unlock you would need to sell them at a price point those people could afford, otherwise you are unlikely to see them sell.
    It's amazing how many dummies are still selling them for more in the GTN.

So many things are over the credit limit but they would be useless to anyone who dosn't have a credit limit.

Grinding for Molecular Stabilizers has become a good way to generate credits. I make 600k per night with 90 minutes of grinding.

Diplomacy isn't bad if you keep doing comp gift missions and selling the proceeds on the GTN. I can manage 100-150k/day with sending comps on missions continuously while pvping.

I can knock out a million or so credits a day with augments or companion gifts. Some of that is making my own others are buying and flipping things. But if you were willing to just hang out and wait for chest spawns then finding items on your server that you can flip will always make some quick easy credits. Your best friend will soon be the person that puts things in the GTN for that auto fill price which is just 5 times the vendor price.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 03:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    Grinding for Molecular Stabilizers has become a good way to generate credits. I make 600k per night with 90 minutes of grinding.
    I do see these spammed in general chat non stop for 100k to 200k credits. I honestly haven't messed with them since jumping back into the game but with how many ppl are doing it there has to be some benefit, how long it will stay priced high is the real question though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post

So many things are over the credit limit but they would be useless to anyone who dosn't have a credit limit.
    I've seen Artifact equipment authorizations for 2 million credits and said, "Uh.....what?"

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 09:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Before I quit I use to just sit by 2 big chests on Illum with 2 characters and rotate sending all their companions on Slicing and UWT missions and made a ton. But because I ended up on a lame server when they all got merged Im having to reroll as my side is worse than the Alliance ever thought about being when it comes to PvP. Im talking doing WZs for 5-6 hours and won like 2. Id rather just reroll and start over than suffer through the same crap I had to in WoW where you just lose all day long to premade after premade.

Just wondering what crewskills are best for making credits? Are any crafting skills any good now? Certainly they had to have been buffed since I quit because that was when the only thing useful was Biochem. Or would it be better to just buy stuff off the Cartel Market and sell that on the GTN? I dont know if people are buying these things but some Cartel stuff is going for 600K-3 mil depending on the item.
    Go with the crew skill that crafts mods or armorings. Get the best schematics possible. Craft mods/armorings/barrels. Profit. I know it was a few months ago, but I was selling 26 mods/armorings for 750k a piece.

I never really made any credits at all or figured out how. All all my alt's the only crew skill I have is diplomacy that's because I can send my crew members to get gifts for affection. In Early Release. They used to give out a out a ton of credits. Now since the nerf there is simply no point. Any gear you need early on or weapons you can obtain from Cartel Market and you can get credits for selling things.

No point to rank up anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer class augments and/or gifts (specifically using Treasure Hunting since you get gift components that you can turn in for specific Gift types that are worth more, such as Weapons).

Deleted
    pvp with an artifice or cybertech char, buy WH gear, RE, profit. You're welcome.

As someone who likes playing MMO markets, having best credits/hour locked behind pvp pisses me off, but that's the status quo atm.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    pvp with an artifice or cybertech char, buy WH gear, RE, profit. You're welcome.

As someone who likes playing MMO markets, having best credits/hour locked behind pvp pisses me off, but that's the status quo atm.
    what is WH gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    what is WH gear?
    War Hero. It's the highest level PvP gear currently. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    War Hero. It's the highest level PvP gear currently. I think.
    Isn't WHE (war hero elite) higher?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post

What do you get from REing them?

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Isn't WHE (war hero elite) higher?
    Honestly, I don't really remember. I haven't truly paid attention to much in game since the end of July. Didn't even know/remember there was an elite version.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    What do you get from REing them?
    Hilts and barrels, I do believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post

Ppl are selling them to subs that plan to go f2p or ppl that only subbed to unlock their cartel coins. I am not sure how you can call them dummies when they are making millions of credits doing the thing you do not understand.

Making large amounts of credits in SWTOR is insanely easy, each and every toon I have made has several million by the time they hit 20 or so and it is just that much easier for the next one to do it. Sure there are events that spike the amount you can make. The best example of this is right before then right as augment kits went live, I was able to make well over 30 million in just 3 or 4 days with a little proper planning. Read patch notes see what or how things will be effected and plan ahead, if for no other reason then to not be taken advantage of by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Ppl are selling them to subs that plan to go f2p or ppl that only subbed to unlock their cartel coins. I am not sure how you can call them dummies when they are making millions of credits doing the thing you do not understand.
    From what I can tell, those people aren't making shit. Went on 2 days in a row, saw the same overpriced auctions. Also, the fact that they extended the deadline twice makes me believe that they, perhaps, did not get the kind of former subscriber return that they were expecting. But attempting to sell something to a small niche usually doesn't result in big money.

But attempting to sell something to a small niche usually doesn't result in big money.
    Actually thats the best way to make money. People with tons of credits and nothing to spend them on.

From what I can tell, those people aren't making shit. Went on 2 days in a row, saw the same overpriced auctions. Also, the fact that they extended the deadline twice makes me believe that they, perhaps, did not get the kind of former subscriber return that they were expecting. But attempting to sell something to a small niche usually doesn't result in big money.
    Well besides the rock solid proof of your guesses and assumptions I will just have to go by what I have seen. I have made just over a million buying and flipping unlocks and have seen several other ppl on here mention doing the same. You do realize when ppl find something to sell and it moves then they sell the same thing again so the "overpriced auctions" you are seeing can and almost certainly are not the same items just new ones being sold also. People are alsogetting others to buy them things above the 350k cap them giving them gold from multiple toons to pay them back or trading them items. This niche isn't as small as you think it is, at the very least on my server it isn't.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2012-12-23 at 12:34 PM.