Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If I had his job I'd be the first Blizzard dev ever to get banned from the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    As to my point, you will find it's entirely relevant; anyone who thinks paladins "are where they should be right now" doesn't have much right at all to be arrogant, snide or condescending.
    But what if they are in the right place and people just suck more at playing then they want to admit?
    Last edited by mmoc9a48be24dc; 2012-12-26 at 06:41 PM.

Arrogance and truth are not the same thing. You can't handle the truth!!

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    If I had his job I'd be the first Blizzard dev ever to get banned from the official forums.

But what if they are in the right place and people just suck more at playing then they want to admit?
    Stop being arrogant or my feelings will get hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh make no mistake, he is certainly arrogant on Twitter; perhaps that is the wrong word though. Unprofessional? Certainly. One can present a contrary opinion or correct someone without giving the impression that you consider their opinion or question to be impertinent or stupid, just because it happens to naturally clash with how things currently are in the game.

As to my point, you will find it's entirely relevant; anyone who thinks paladins "are where they should be right now" doesn't have much right at all to be arrogant, snide or condescending.

He's not being arrogant, Snide and condesending. Even if he was...the playerbase shouldn't get high and mighty.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    How the hell would you know that? I read it as being sincere, you probably are nuts.
    First of all, I don't appreciate the insult.

Secondly, it comes across that way because if the user doesn't know of the previous Q n A panels it sounds as though they were recent things the guy should have been aware of. The short sentence at the end "Would be fun" comes across as sarcastic if you read it in that manner. It's part of the flaw with the twitter system of 140 characters.

It's only after looking and finding the previous Q n A I found he was referring to stuff from a year or so back, and with that knowledge of it being a long time ago, the "Would be fun." three word sentence actually makes sense and becomes sincere.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see no problem with it, the questions were more arrogant, and that's just a fact. I've seen worse come out of a gaming company towards their costumers, and complaining about tweets? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    If they were in the right place we'd be seeing other DPS nerfed sufficiently enough to do the same amount of DPS as a Ret Paladin, which as of the SimCraft are ranked #20, with Arcane/Frost Mages occupying positions #1 and #2.

The Patch 5.2 patch notes do not seem to suggest anything remotely to this effect on the way, nor any significant buffs for Ret Paladins to be on par with the others.

And that's just one spec.

Q: Tweetered you a few days ago, (not nagging but...) please take another look at combustion, it's hardly worth casting anymore.

Shows the illogical side of the person commenting. Rather than giving a clear mechanical example, he just gets melancholy and uses hyperbole.

Q: I enjoy being kiled in 2 sec on my ret paladin,ty for the nerfs they were needed, rets was completely out of control in pvp...
    Has no clue how his class works. Simply heard there was a nerf and claims the sky is falling.

Q: I did 10 million less damage this week on H Will from chaos wave. Is there anything to compensate this nerf for PVE?
    So because you didn't do 10 million damage, something is broken? Sounds more like something was fixed.

Q: Burst in pvp was stupid, 5.1 added more pvp power but not extra resil. Please do us all a favor and quit your job, ty.
    The person making the statement is nothing more than a troll douche who probably fails at his class and is now failing harder at PvP.

If these were tweets I had to respond to, I would have sounded much more like an unprofessional jerk than any of Greg's responses. One guy is not responsible for the whole company. Some folks just need to yank their heads out of their portable black holes and see how things really work. After all, it is only a game

He is answering ridiculous questions in the best way possible in < 140 characters. I have no problem with anything he says in these tweets and most of them are 100% correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    First of all, I don't appreciate the insult.

Secondly, it comes across that way because if the user doesn't know of the previous Q n A panels it sounds as though they were recent things the guy should have been aware of. The short sentence at the end "Would be fun" comes across as sarcastic if you read it in that manner. It's part of the flaw with the twitter system of 140 characters.

It's only after looking and finding the previous Q n A I found he was referring to stuff from a year or so back, and with that knowledge of it being a long time ago, the "Would be fun." three word sentence actually makes sense and becomes sincere.

His posts don't come off negatively as you portray them to be. Really stop looking for reasons to hate on him. I disagree with some of his complaints but I don't go off and think "ARROGANCE AND SNIDE HOW DARE HE."

Also I wasn't insulting you but considering you felt that way I see why you see GC as *Arrogant*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

He's not being arrogant, Snide and condesending. Even if he was...the playerbase shouldn't get high and mighty.
    I'd say for the prices Blizzard charges it's not unreasonable to expect professional feedback whether personal (i.e. Ticket responses/GM conversations) or impersonal (i.e. Public Tweets/messages)

If I subscribed to, say, Netflix, and then had Reed Hastings doing a Press Conference on TV wherein he'd speak on behalf of his company (As Ghostcrawler does), and then proceeds to pick out individual customer complaints to respond to in a patronising manner, i'd question that business practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say for the prices Blizzard charges it's not unreasonable to expect professional feedback whether personal (i.e. Ticket responses/GM conversations) or impersonal (i.e. Public Tweets/messages)

If I subscribed to, say, Netflix, and then had Reed Hastings doing a Press Conference on TV wherein he'd speak on behalf of his company (As Ghostcrawler does), and then proceeds to pick out individual customer complaints to respond to in a patronising manner, i'd question that business practice.
    Yeah but this isn't those companys and they don't have the community that Blizzard does so your example is inept.

Warrior-Magi

Ghostcrawler is doing a fantastic job by me. Mists is fantastic.

His posts don't come off negatively as you portray them to be. Really stop looking for reasons to hate on him. I disagree with some of his complaints but I don't go off and think "ARROGANCE AND SNIDE HOW DARE HE."

Also I wasn't insulting you but considering you felt that way I see why you see GC as *Arrogant*
    you stated quite simply "you probably are nuts." that is an attack on my character and an insult, simply because I stated an opinion that his tweet came across as condescending. You also just did it again there, but perhaps being rude is just in your nature when someone has a differing opinion to yours.

I am not looking for a reason to hate the guy, I haven't played wow in almost a year now, I was simply offering my contribution towards the discussion with regards to that specific tweet. Most of the examples given the people tweeting were so in constructive and insulting they should never have even got a reply. The one i Weighed in on however came across that way because of the twitter 140 character system and expectancy of prior knowledge on the Q n A that came previously.
    Last edited by Jeleh; 2012-12-26 at 06:56 PM.

Yeah but this isn't those companys and they don't have the community that Blizzard does so your example is inept.
    True, which is why one appears more professional than the other.

Here's a hypothetical though; most have established that the questions responded to are not the smarted ever submitted. What looks better; to respond to them in the way they have been, or ignore them in favour of questions with more merit?

Truth be told, it appears to me that they respond to the 'dumb' questions simply to get out of answering the trickier ones that actually require a bit more thought and technicality than, "How can I make this question and/or poster look silly?"

Deleted
    If they were in the right place we'd be seeing other DPS nerfed sufficiently enough to do the same amount of DPS as a Ret Paladin, which as of the SimCraft are ranked #20, with Arcane/Frost Mages occupying positions #1 and #2.

The Patch 5.2 patch notes do not seem to suggest anything remotely to this effect on the way, nor any significant buffs for Ret Paladins to be on par with the others.

And that's just one spec.
    How about people start bitching and crying about numbers so much? So you're at the end of that ranking? Tough shit, someone has to be there. It being a class that has above-average support tools sounds about right to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks GC is being WAY TO ARROGANT when answering tweets? He never really answers the questions either.
    I mean, this is the lead designer of the game, and as we know, hes not doing a very good job. He could be polite atleast.
    A few examples, and thats only from the last ones:
    Ever heard the phrase: "ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer"? I think thats what is happening here and after 8 years the guy has just started answering these stupid questions in an assholey way.

Gotta love the internet sissies and crybabies. Talking trash all day, cursing and insulting 24/7, but when GC doesn't wipe their poo-poo before bedtime, he's being "arrogant", "snide" and "condesending". Hilarious.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    you stated quite simply "you probably are nuts." that is an attack on my character and an insult, simply because I stated an opinion that his tweet came across as condescending. You also just did it again there, but perhaps being rude is just in your nature when someone has a differing opinion to yours.

I am not looking for a reason to hate the guy, I haven't played wow in almost a year now, I was simply offering my contribution towards the discussion with regards to that specific tweet. Most of the examples given the people tweeting were so in constructive and insulting they should never have even got a reply. The one i Weighed in on however came across that way because of the twitter 140 character system and expectancy of prior knowledge on the Q n A that came previously.
    I'm with the guy who called you nuts. You picked the most innocuous of his answers and decided to see how you could possibly make it arrogant. There was no snark or sarcasm, just a reply of 140 characters or less.

ps. If you haven't played wow in a year then why are you still haunting the forums and trying to hate on GC and the game?
    Last edited by parkerlynne; 2012-12-26 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, which is why one appears more professional than the other.

Here's a hypothetical though; most have established that the questions responded to are not the smarted ever submitted. What looks better; to respond to them in the way they have been, or ignore them in favour of questions with more merit?

Truth be told, it appears to me that they respond to the 'dumb' questions simply to get out of answering the trickier ones that actually require a bit more thought and technicality than, "How can I make this question and/or poster look silly?"
    He has loads of questions asked to him. Heck he answered one of mine about what class he would revamp if he wanted to and I was serious. He said none...he answers serious questions it's just more responses are...not so serious and not constructive.

Twitter is good for him...unfortunately he can only type so much.

Oh please I'm not rude, don't start to patronize me. I just think you're being very unfair to GC and considering you haven't played in a year why would this thread matter to you?

GC doesn't have to just take the heat. If he wants to respond back more power to him. If anything you're more upset I'm defending GC cause I don't tolerate people calling him X and Y and Z even though it's on text and limited text at that.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-12-26 at 07:03 PM.

Warrior-Magi