Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to answer with no defined standards. Lists here are more like "my 10 favorites games", so... my favorite ones would be Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 6, Shadow of the Colossus, Bioshock, and Uncharted (I liked the first one better, but they are all awesome). No particular order, but SH2 probably first. As a fighting games player, I would also include Tekken Tag 2 and King of Fighters XIII on that list. And for my childhood, Streets of Rage 2 and Sonic & Knuckles.

1. WarCraft 3
    2. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
    3. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    4. Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3
    5. Counterstrike
    6. Age of Empires 2
    7. Spyro the Dragon
    8. Alan Wake
    9. Amnesia
    10. The Walking Dead

My first 7 games are basically nostalgia childhood games. The last 3 are made in 2010 and 2012, more recently games that I currently love

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    in no particular order

Warcraft 3
    Dota 2
    Diablo 3
    Halo
    Halo 2
    Half life 2
    Oblivion
    Super Smash Bros. 1 - 3
    Heroes of might and magic 3
    Last edited by Mexa; 2012-12-27 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Deleted
    I can never rank things like this. So I will post 10 games that I enjoyed most in my life.

Tibia
    World of Warcraft
    Dota 1/2
    Red Alert 1
    Heavy Rain
    Rollercoaster Tycoon
    Portal
    Super Mario World
    Diablo 2
    Heroes of Might And Magic 2/3 + expansions

None of them in any particular order

Warcraft 2
    C&C Tiberian Sun
    Halo (All but 3.)
    Kingdom Hearts 2
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    Tales of Symphonia
    Metal Gear Series
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Gears of War Series
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

There is probably a lot more i could name, if i could remember them. And heaps of ones that i agree with other people, and many i dont agree with :P. Trying to base them more-so on how much i enjoyed them and how memorable they were to me.

Deleted
    Tibia
    WoW
    CS 1.6
    C&C
    Red Alert
    GTA Series

Damm... I came to this post in hopes of finding a good unknown game to play, but almost every game listed I have aleady played to exaustion =P

1. Final Fantasy 7 PS1
    2.FF3/6 SNES/PS1
    3. Skyward Sword Wii
    4. A link to the past SNES
    5. Ocarina of time N64
    6. Blaster Master NES
    7. Assassins Creed 2 series PS3
    8. GTA 3 PS2
    9. Metal Gear Solid PS1
    10. EQ2 vanilla-Ruins of Kunark Expac PC
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

1. Doom 2
    2. WoW (during BC&Wrath)
    3. GTA San Andreas
    4. Spyro series for PS1
    5. Fallout 3
    6. Portal series
    7. Diablo 2
    8. Bioshock 1
    9. Uncharted 2
    10. Metal Gears for PS1
    In no order, just my opinion. I'm sure I could replace a few/add more so hard to pick only 10 lol
    Last edited by Last Attempt; 2012-12-27 at 01:52 PM.

Well these are mine:

1. GTA: San Andreas
    2. NfS: Underground 2
    3. Super Mario 64
    4. Original Guild Wars series with expansions (especially Nightfall)
    5. Pokemon Emerald
    6. WoW
    7. Def Jam Fight for New York
    8. CoD: MW2
    9. Skyrim
    10. Assassins Creed 2

Edit: Now that i think about it, i've played som really great games which i didn't mention, sry games.
    Last edited by Exroyal; 2012-12-26 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    1. Portal 1 and 2
    2. Half life 2
    3. Half Life 1
    4. LOZ Skyward Sword
    5. Battlefield 2
    6.Team Fortress 2.
    7. Super Mario (All games)
    8. Other Valve games.
    9. Zelda Ocarina of Time
    10.Battlefield 1942

01. World of Warcraft
    02. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    03. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
    04. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
    05. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    06. Super Mario World [SNES]
    07. GTA: Vice City
    08. GTA III
    09. GTA IV
    10. Diablo III

Bonus RTS: C&C: Generals

Street Fighter Alpha 2
    Soul Calibur
    Ultima 7
    System Shock 2
    Deus Ex
    X-Com: UFO Defense
    Masters of Orion
    Civilization 3
    Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
    Baldur's Gate 2

If you forget contra, mario, pokemon, pacman etc. then you need to rethink

10. Warcraft III (PC) - My all time favorite RTS
    9. Mass Effect Trilogy (PC for me) - Yeah it is 3 games, but I consider it all one at the end.
    8. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) - Played and replayed this dozens of times and still do.
    7. Final Fantasy III US (SNES) - Story, gameplay, and amazing length. FF at its best.
    6. Diablo II (PC) - My personal favorite dungon crawler/grinder
    5. World of Warcraft (PC) - MMO that stands the test of time and I still play it years and years later
    4. Civilization IV (PC) - By far my favorite Civilization game: balance, style, and smooth play
    3. Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - It felt like the classic Zelda with all the upgrades of the SNES
    2. Starcraft II (PC) - Totally amazing game both single player and on battle.net
    1. Half Life (PC) - Changed the way FPS are played / designed and is my all time favorite

Honorable Mentions that just missed the list: Super Mario 3(NES), The Legend of Zelda(NES), Super Metroid(SNES), Starcraft(PC), Warcraft II(PC), Final Fantasy VII(PS1), Half Life 2(PC), and Civilization V(PC).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lists are difficult, I'm going to do groupings of games with their sequels/prequels etc.

My biases. I'm biased in favor of rpgs, fantasy > reality, middle ages > futuristic, beauty of character design > beauty of artwork. I have a bias in favor of multiplayer co-op to competition, and a bias against fps games because they facilitate arguments more often than other multiplayer competition games. I have an extreme bias against racing and sports games.

1: World of Warcraft (365 days played! Critical hit to life)

2: Chrono Trigger (snes, psx, ds), best single console rpg, period.

3: Persona, all titles plus SMT titles as well. Because everyone wears a mask in this shitty and stupid world.

4: Pokemon, my childhood!

5: League of Legends (honorable mention to HoN and Dota for paving the way)

6: Super smash bros, because it's just more fun than any fps angstfest.

7: Mario sidescroll / platforming (NES, SNES, 64, GC, Wii. Also include the rpgs 7stars, paper mario 1, paper mario 1000 year door)

8: Megaman X and previous. Because you don't need a good plot to make a great game. (honorable mention to the Legends games)

9: Grandia: Because Final Fantasy is, in all honesty, overrated.

10: Battletoads (nes) + Contra (snes): For teaching me in my youth that I fail and need to do better.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    In no particular order:

Chaos: The Battle of Wizards ( http://chaos.ffnet.org/ ) incase you wanted to try it out. It's an old Spectrum game.
    World of Warcraft
    Populous
    Cannon Fodder ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon_...8video_game%29 ) incase you never heard of it
    Sensible Soccer ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensibl...r_%28series%29 )
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
    Diablo 2
    Tekken 2
    Gauntlet ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauntle..._video_game%29 )
    Buck Rodgers: Countdown to Doomsday ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Ro...wn_to_Doomsday )

Not the best games from any objective standpoint, just those I remember enjoying most when I was young(er).

Deleted
    1. Star Wars Battlefront 2 - My favourite game, although this is probably down to perspective. It does third-person shooter very well, the space battles are amazingly fun and whenever I re-load this game I never get tired of playing it.

2. Age of Mythology - I'm sure most people think there were better games in the franchise, however, the creative setting of this game makes it my favourite.

And in no paticular order...

Rome Total War - An amazing game , sadly none of the newer total war games have emulated the same aesthetic that this game had.

WoW

Zelda - I am too young to have been around at the start of the series but the Zelda games definitely do action-adventure well.

Star Wars Galaxies - Although it wasn't properly complete, this game was able to make me entirely immersed like no other game has. Entirely exploring planets, spending hours in a cantina or just flying around in space with a group of friends in the engine room , trying to figure out how to activate the escape pods. The freedom in this game made me understand what an mmo could be.

15+ Year Old Account
    any list without Ocarina of time and super mario3 on it, is not a legit list

Sid Meier's Colonization and more of his originals

and

Leisure Suit Larry.