10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Just tried the IDResolver mod and it blackscreened. All well.

Don't really know whats going on either. I assign ID's to something and they're different ingame. Dumping ID's with NEI doesn't do anything because they don't show up as filled even when they're not.

Not really sure how to keep track of this all.
    I noticed this earlier when adding RP2 axes to treecapitator. The ItemIDs in game are different than the ones assigned to them in the config.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I noticed this earlier when adding RP2 axes to treecapitator. The ItemIDs in game are different than the ones assigned to them in the config.
    Yeah, which makes it impossible to know whats really going on. Got IDResolver to work but that just broke more things. Manually gave cameracraft new ID's but who knows if they're good or not. Getting too tired for this anyways. i'll try again tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, which makes it impossible to know whats really going on. Got IDResolver to work but that just broke more things. Manually gave cameracraft new ID's but who knows if they're good or not. Getting too tired for this anyways. i'll try again tomorrow.
    Yeah, don't stress over it. Something will work out.

IIRC, if you use IDResolver it will ignore any ID's you set in the individual mod configs. Personally, I don't care for it so I just worked out my own system of assigning ID's. What I would do is add the world gen mods first starting at Block ID 501 and Item ID 5001 in blocks of 25 and 100 respectively. So if Mod A needs less than 20 Block ID's then it gets Block ID's 501 - 525, if it needs 21 - 45 then it gets 501 - 550, and so on. Then the same thing with the Item ID's. Then you do the next mod picking up where the previous one left off. Tedious as Hell, but it works and leaves a little bit of room for the mods to add new blocks and items when they update. What you have to watch for is the mods that add 256 to its Item ID's and adjust accordingly.

Deleted
    Well I don't have any conflict and the only 2 I don't have are Greg tech and cam so maybe that's were your problem must be also forestry just updated just a bug fix but a biggy http://bit.ly/Tw9gsf

Also just posted on irc

ShadwDrgn_> for anyone who noticed how badly i derped up the NEI plugin in soul shards 1.20
    <ShadwDrgn_> i just hopefully fixed it
    <ShadwDrgn_> http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1475847-
    <oitsjustjose> wait, so we have an NEI plugin integration?
    <DaCyclops> how badly deep you derp it?
    <ShadwDrgn_> in soul shards yes
    <oitsjustjose> yay!
    <ShadwDrgn_> DaCyclops: it added my recipes to every item in the game
    <ShadwDrgn_> oops.
    <DaCyclops> errr, wow. thats some industrial-strength derping
    <ShadwDrgn_> eh
    <ShadwDrgn_> it was actually a simple derp
    Last edited by mmocf27294aad4; 2012-12-29 at 08:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodachi216 View Post
    IIRC, if you use IDResolver it will ignore any ID's you set in the individual mod configs. Personally, I don't care for it so I just worked out my own system of assigning ID's. What I would do is add the world gen mods first starting at Block ID 501 and Item ID 5001 in blocks of 25 and 100 respectively. So if Mod A needs less than 20 Block ID's then it gets Block ID's 501 - 525, if it needs 21 - 45 then it gets 501 - 550, and so on. Then the same thing with the Item ID's. Then you do the next mod picking up where the previous one left off. Tedious as Hell, but it works and leaves a little bit of room for the mods to add new blocks and items when they update. What you have to watch for is the mods that add 256 to its Item ID's and adjust accordingly.
    That's pretty much what I do for blockID's, but itemID's dont crash the game. You would pretty much have to manually assign all the mod ID's one at a time. I would probably sooner just delete CameraCraft at this point. Maybe, in the future I can adjust the configs like that, but i'm not really going to bother at this point.

That's pretty much what I do for blockID's, but itemID's dont crash the game. You would pretty much have to manually assign all the mod ID's one at a time. I would probably sooner just delete CameraCraft at this point. Maybe, in the future I can adjust the configs like that, but i'm not really going to bother at this point.
    Don't blame you one bit! I never tried to do it on the same scale you'd be working with.

Personally, I'd like to see some kind of ID conflict resolution added into Forge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodachi216 View Post
    Don't blame you one bit! I never tried to do it on the same scale you'd be working with.

Personally, I'd like to see some kind of ID conflict resolution added into Forge.
    Yeah, one day I'll get a burst of energy and will to do it and I'll manually assign all the ID's. Right now I'm a bit busy for that kind of sit down

I think Forge worked on something like that at one point, but it's hard to say if it's all being used. Some mods just port into Forge without using all the tools it offers. Mods written with Forge tend to be the best. If IDResolver could be built in to Forge and do its thing a little more intelligently then I think something like that would work.

Deleted
    They are working on it or shall I say trying to get the mods to use it also elo tweeted that latest forge is fine now and won't break rp2 so all good

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    They are working on it or shall I say trying to get the mods to use it also elo tweeted that latest forge is fine now and won't break rp2 so all good
    Yep. Latest Forge is designated for 1.4.7 though. Going to wait until it's released before adding that. I'll get around to updates today

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 04:08 PM ----------

Version 1.3.5 of my config files is out. This pack finally resolves all outstanding itemID conflicts. LOL at soul shards for having conflicting ID's in its own mod. :P

Thanks to OldFarmerJoe for his Pearl Script that actually worked flawlessly and helped me track down the remaining errors. Well worth the effort to install ActivePearl

Download them here or the main page: http://www.mediafire.com/?xd94qna9o7vdd1d

That's it for configs for a while. I may revisit the pack and mess with a few settings for people. There may also be new uploads for the pack if I add new mods and discover new conflicts, otherwise that little project is finally done. Note that when using new configs NEI will prompt you once about the new ID's when loading the world.

Mod updates soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Latest Forge is designated for 1.4.7 though. Going to wait until it's released before adding that. I'll get around to updates today

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 04:08 PM ----------

Version 1.3.5 of my config files is out. This pack finally resolves all outstanding itemID conflicts. LOL at soul shards for having conflicting ID's in its own mod. :P

Thanks to OldFarmerJoe for his Pearl Script that actually worked flawlessly and helped me track down the remaining errors. Well worth the effort to install ActivePearl

Download them here or the main page: http://www.mediafire.com/?xd94qna9o7vdd1d

That's it for configs for a while. I may revisit the pack and mess with a few settings for people. There may also be new uploads for the pack if I add new mods and discover new conflicts, otherwise that little project is finally done. Note that when using new configs NEI will prompt you once about the new ID's when loading the world.

Mod updates soon.
    Edit: nvm, that was the plugin for it. Excuse my stupidity and ignore what I may or may not have previously posted here.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-12-29 at 09:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Edit: nvm, that was the plugin for it. Excuse my stupidity and ignore what I may or may not have previously posted here.
    Errr okay!

Updates!

• Forge Updated. 1.4.6 (final) and 1.4.7 versions displayed.
    • ChickenChunks Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • MineChem 2 Updated
    • Soul Shards Updated
    • Gregtech-Addon Updated

Remember that the latest Forge is for 1.4.7 only. Don't install it with your 1.4.6 world and wonder why it's broken. Both versions are included now for people to test with.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:04 PM ----------

• Added Liquid Metals

Cool addon mod for Buildcraft. Allows you to liquify copper, tin, iron, gold etc for easier storage. No conflicts. Should be a drag and drop install if you want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Errr okay!

Updates!

• Forge Updated. 1.4.6 (final) and 1.4.7 versions displayed.
    • ChickenChunks Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • MineChem 2 Updated
    • Soul Shards Updated
    • Gregtech-Addon Updated

Remember that the latest Forge is for 1.4.7 only. Don't install it with your 1.4.6 world and wonder why it's broken. Both versions are included now for people to test with.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:04 PM ----------

• Added Liquid Metals

Cool addon mod for Buildcraft. Allows you to liquify copper, tin, iron, gold etc for easier storage. No conflicts. Should be a drag and drop install if you want it.
    Just remember it is in alpha. For now the only ores that can be liquefied are iron, gold, copper, tin, and silver. Any mods that also add those metals are supported. More ores are planned for the future. The mod author is also planning on removing the production machinery as other mods already have that covered and do it better.

Overall it looks like a nice addition. Looking forward to seeing how it grows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Overall it looks like a nice addition. Looking forward to seeing how it grows.
    Mainly just want it to liquify things for storage. i dont really need more maceration. Can't wait to fill a RC tank with liquid gold

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:36 PM ----------

TreeCapitator Config file has been updated to include all the axes and chainsaw to the list of items that will treecapitate trees. It will be included in the next config pack, but if you want to add it in now, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?cu3h3c6f3m9zyz1

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly just want it to liquify things for storage. i dont really need more maceration. Can't wait to fill a RC tank with liquid gold

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:36 PM ----------

TreeCapitator Config file has been updated to include all the axes and chainsaw to the list of items that will treecapitate trees. It will be included in the next config pack, but if you want to add it in now, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?cu3h3c6f3m9zyz1
    Sounds good. The config file for treecapitator has changed a bit, for the better. Not having to add every single tree in the game to the config is nice. The author says he's working on a similar thing for the items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good. The config file for treecapitator has changed a bit, for the better. Not having to add every single tree in the game to the config is nice. The author says he's working on a similar thing for the items.
    yeah, I noticed that. Pretty good.

As for the Liquid Metals mod. I did some testing with it. One thing that bums me out is you cant melt ingots into liquid. You are also required to use the grinders provided by the mod in order to liquify. I'm also having trouble pumping items out of the various grinders in to the next.

It's a cool idea, granted it's still alpha. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Right now i'll leave it on the list for people to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, I noticed that. Pretty good.

As for the Liquid Metals mod. I did some testing with it. One thing that bums me out is you cant melt ingots into liquid. You are also required to use the grinders provided by the mod in order to liquify. I'm also having trouble pumping items out of the various grinders in to the next.

It's a cool idea, granted it's still alpha. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Right now i'll leave it on the list for people to play with.
    The Minechem update works fine on client but crashes servers. A new hotfix version is located in the Minechem 2 thread.

Deleted
    Nvm link in post lol derp
    Last edited by mmocf27294aad4; 2012-12-30 at 06:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    • Added ThaumicBees

For those interested in more Bee breeding options I've added ThaumicBees. This mod is brand new, only coming out a few minutes ago. I've tested it and it loads fine without conflicts. There is no additional worldgen so you can get going in your current worlds. If you're not that interested in Bees then there is no need to add it, I suppose.

Enjoy!

Deleted
    Kewl yeah I added that just after flora tweeted it lol not had a chance to use it yet tho

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:04 AM ----------

Won't get time to try stuff out today I have 6 ROMs to compile plus 5 android apps to beta test and 3 windows games and the Linux version of steam to test lol so busy day lol

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 04:53 PM ----------

*cough* extra bees id errors *cough*