10+ Year Old Account

new character models ?

i`ve seen a lot of new npc models of races that are playable by us why dont blizz use this models to actually replace old models and just like that fast new models the ppl have been waiting for so long most of em look real nice right now theres a new model for trolls look pretty good to me

Because a Re-skin won't simply do it.

Not only that but there needs to be a plethora of customization options.

To add to that further, new skeleton animations are also needed for each and ever new model, instead of a modified reskin.

The races basically need to be completely restructured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any nwes on the new models shown like this Jungle Troll Councilor actually have skeletons animations or facila bones ? if theres none we can assume that the could hace things like this and assume that this new models can be the actual new chars models we`ve benn waiting ?

The faces, hairstyles and other custom options need to be updated. Blizzard must try to keep the faces and options similar to right now or they will hear no end of it. Animations need to be updated but just a little change of one attack animation and the world is doomed.

"I choose face nr. 5 but there is no one like it with the new faces. How could you?"
    "Oh i liked the animation of this and you removed it completely, are u mad bliz?"

I think the new models of the faction leaders and also these npc characters and other new lore figures are an indication of the overall look, but the rest of the design process seems to be not quite finished.
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2013-01-10 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    is there any nwes on the new models shown like this Jungle Troll Councilor actually have skeletons animations or facila bones ? if theres none we can assume that the could hace things like this and assume that this new models can be the actual new chars models we`ve benn waiting ?
    If it bounces in the model viewer like a night elf, then it's a resounding no. At least for the animations. This could be the visual skin overlay for new skeletons.

Because Blizzard wants to make the new player characters from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Because Blizzard wants to make the new player characters from the ground up.
    The way GC spoke, it sounded like they were going to take what was familiar and signature, and apply it to the newly designed skeletons, effectively making them new animations by virtue of a new skeleton, but not unfamiliar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    We've seen two new amazing looking troll skins, but who knows how close they are to being done with the new playable trolls, assuming those new models are even related at all, although it's probably safe to assume they are. Then you have the other 14 base models that have to be done for the other races, plus all of the customization options that go along with them. Then they have to do the animations, since I believe they're redoing all of those as well (they're making new models, not just skins)..
    And then they have to size all helm, glove, shoulder, and boot model for all of the new models, test the skins for chest, legs, bracers, shirts, and cloaks, and then take the time to fix them if they're broken.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.