10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This isn't pvp's fault, Blizz could have easily put pvp specs/separate talent trees into the game as has been done in other games.
    And then I won't be able to play Arcane in PvP the same as I can in PvE.

They want things to act the same in both parts of the game so newer players don't get confused at level 10 when they enter a battleground and don't understand why their abilities don't work like they used to for the past 9 levels.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    And then I won't be able to play Arcane in PvP the same as I can in PvE.

They want things to act the same in both parts of the game so newer players don't get confused at level 10 when they enter a battleground and don't understand why their abilities don't work like they used to for the past 9 levels.
    Honestly I don't think changes would have to be that drastic, maybe modify the DR on some cc for certain classes, etc. Yeah I understand that rationale though, although I think it is more because Blizzard would rather not work on balancing 60 specs (30 pvp specs/30 pve specs) vs 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't think changes would have to be that drastic, maybe modify the DR on some cc for certain classes, etc. Yeah I understand that rationale though, although I think it is more because Blizzard would rather not work on balancing 60 specs (30 pvp specs/30 pve specs) vs 30.
    Currently 34 specs, so, 68 against 34.

Some PvE players may even say that they fail to balance the 34 properly.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

They could just add a 4th talent tree to everyone and make it the PvP tree like Rift did. Where it gives bonus damage to players, CC breakers, bonus damage reduction from players. That would also allow them to remove resilience from the game as well.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want the old talent trees back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd remove trees. Stupid fucking trees always getting in my way...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    They could just add a 4th talent tree to everyone and make it the PvP tree like Rift did.
    Again, that means no Arcane in PvP.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'd remove trees. Stupid fucking trees always getting in my way...

Deleted
    Flying mounts.
    And i am not trolling.....
    This is my opinion!

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    The Alliance.

Mwahahahaha.
    Lol good one!!
    It would probably make me quit cause i love pvp.

female pandaren XD

Quote Originally Posted by Fullgore View Post
    female pandaren XD
    Srsly? Finally someone else who doesn't like them either...

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Again, that means no Arcane in PvP.
    You're making assumptions. Also arcane is the worst performing spec in pvp besides the hang-back-and-nuke-em strategy used in large battlegrounds; if anything a dedicated pvp spec would improve arcane's performance rather than make it worse/make the spec disappear entirely.

Although yeah a 4th talent tree ONLY just wouldn't work in wow because there's not a lot of crossover between the specs like in Rift. Everything in wow is pretty segmented by spec (boomkin vs feral for example), unless they made the pvp spec somehow all in one, like a paladin spec that could heal as well as it would tank (and that would just be godmode, let's be honest here). I suppose a 4th spec only for a mage might work if you chose your school of magic early in the talent tree but even then that would make the pvp tree too generic to be very functional across all mage specs.

Deleted
    Daily quests.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostShaman View Post
    BS, the old trees allowed for customization of your play style, not the same homogenized crap, that we have now.
    You tell yourself that. You had a pvp tree and a pve tree, and that was it. If you picked anything outside the "accepted points" you would be terribly subpar. Yeah, much choice there.

Sure, you could pick different talents, but then again, it's essentially the same as not picking any talent at all now.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2013-01-21 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    easy/normal/hardmodes. Make the raid one difficulty, if you cant progress than too bad.
    I completely agree with this. Without a doubt. Old raid style ftw.

Phasing. Phasing ruins the social aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinRa26 View Post
    Remove the maximum cap on raiding numbers so you can bring as many as you like with the instance scaling to the number of people but also have a minimum requirement of say 10.
    The thing that would happen then is that guilds would find the number of people to make a mechanic easy.
    Look back at heroic Al'Akir, world fist kill had 3 groups (25man) wait "outside" the main platform for 2/3 of the fight to make the healing easier, damage wasn't needed and they could jump back when the phase changed where you needed the other half of the raid!

Take Elegon as an example, let's say that 15 players made 4 sparks spawn (the transition phase) but with 14 players only 3 sparks would spawn. Same thing would happen with damage scalings aswell, Heroic Spine of Deathwing for example, if you had 10 players, 2 tanks 3 healers and arcane mages then you couldn't kill it... add 5 more arcane mages and the damage output would overcome the scaling up.

It's in our nature to make things as easy as possible, allowing us to basicly choose the difficulty ourselves would destroy competative raiding.
    "Shit this boss requires alot of burst at 30%, let's bench all the shit burst specs and see how the scalings go down. Boom boss get's destroyed."

Also what about loot? do you get 2 pieces for 10-15 people? 3 pieces for 16-20 people? 4 pieces for 21-25 people? 5 pieces for 26-30 people? ...10 pieces for 51-60 people?

this is just an idea destined to break the raiding game.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I would remove the changes that were made to ensure that no class was considered necessary in raids. I think classes would feel a lot more unique and special if each one had something to bring to a group that no one else could do, the way many of them used to (like battle res, bloodlust, special stat buffs that no one else had, picking locks, being particularly good at AoE, being particularly good at crowd-controlling certain types of creatures, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    easy/normal/hardmodes. Make the raid one difficulty, if you cant progress than too bad.
    Who would this even be for?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Vengeance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    LFR Dailies Vengeance