Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the game and players playing it are beyond the help of fixes like this. The whole system needs a rewrite. Tear it down and start from scratch.
    Thats the only real solution at this point but I doubt Blizzard will do that any time before the next expansion
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

If we've got to thus keep raiding Heroic once we've geared up to get these new super rare Thunder versions of the heroic armour, and then we've got to keep getting Valor in the next patch to upgrade all of our heroic armour and then our super rare Thunder heroic armour IF it drops... is ever getting Full BIS an expected goal anymore?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

All I can say is 6 years after the implementation of 10/25 raids being the standard, they still haven't figured out the right balance.

I personally don't think 6 item levels is much of a benefit for 25s at all really. This is just WAY more annoying from a re-gemming, reforging, re-enchanting, re-transmog etc perspective imo.
    Last edited by Fagatronics; 2013-01-23 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

I don't like this change because I don't like the hassle of 25 mans and my guild is going to want to switch to 25 man to gear up faster, forcing me to do 25's if I want to raid. I'm on a low pop server so it would either be do 25's or....transfer because there are no other good guilds on horde on my server.

Personal attacks are not allowed, but surely considering the constantly misleading titles, subjects and responses that Jaylock provides, can this kid not be banned?

On-Topic: The chance is higher in 25 Man to get a certain type of gear, and I think this is a perfect solution to rewarding 25 Man without hampering 10 Man!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Personal attacks are not allowed, but surely considering the constantly misleading titles, subjects and responses that Jaylock provides, can this kid not be banned?

On-Topic: The chance is higher in 25 Man to get a certain type of gear, and I think this is a perfect solution to rewarding 25 Man without hampering 10 Man!
    Rewarding 25 people for what is only harder on a few? Why is that fair?

I don't think it changes a thing for most people tbh. If you are in a large guild that is running a couple of 10 man groups, maybe it encourages you to take the plunge back into 25 man but thats about it. People aren't about to give up a guaranteed raid spot in a guild they already like just to get a faster chance at belt, bracers, etc.

As long as 10 and 25 man share a lockout and the same loot, 10 man will be the more popular of the two by a wide margin. Most people choose to do 10's not only because its easier to organize but because they are able to get a group of friends or people they like a go raiding. For lots of guilds and players, it put a stop to having a core of 10-15 people that you liked to raid with and needing to put up with 10-15 jackholes, morons, and mouth breathers just to go raiding.

Basically, if 5% of people do 25 man now, this will bump it to 7% afterwards.

The title is misleading, the chance of a thunderforge item is higher on 25m but on 10m it will drop the same way but with a low rate drop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

I agree, however the chance that 25 man drops thunderforged should be near 25-50% and for 10 man it should 5-8%.

Quote Originally Posted by K0rr3 View Post
    This doesnt help the issue for 25mans dying tho.... It will only mean that you need to farm the tier every week until next one which will suck major donkey ballz T_T. The best thing (apart from progress) is when most of the guild reaches full bis and you can start to slack alot with raiding/bring in alts instead but with this you cant as you will most likely never reach full bis...
    On the other hand, full BiS is rarely needed at that point. You should have everything on farm, including heroic, and those extra item levels aren't necessary :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I agree, however the chance that 25 man drops thunderforged should be near 25-50% and for 10 man it should 5-8%.

So again why should they reward 25 people when it's only 1-2 people doing more work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Rewarding 25 people for what is only harder on a few? Why is that fair?
    Its harder to manage as a whole, period, regardless of what you think, 25man is harder to manage overall. And this a small compensation for it, without neglecting 10man, because they still have a chance on said gear. Its 100% fair. Is it a 100% fix? No, is it a step forward? Yep.

10+ Year Old Account
    So again why should they reward 25 people when it's only 1-2 people doing more work?
    If thats the case, then wouldnt everyone just do 25 man right now? Because clearly the rewards are more than enough to satisfy the 25 man raid scene... /sarcasm

If you don't think that there needs to be a higher incentive to raid 25 man by now, i dont think you ever will get it.

How was ICC 10 man left out in the cold? Plenty of guild raided 10 man ICC and liked it, Plenty of guilds raided 25 man and liked it. Thats how it should be, not this lop sided bull crap of 10 mans being the overwhelming majority.
    Yeah the guilds did 25man and the pugs did 4/12 25man, they both did 10man but noone considered it progress.

But then, a reasonable comment from Jaylock would be far too much to ask for

You realize 6 item levels is basically nothing nowadays considering all the new item levels in 5.2 will be over 500. This is literally not a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    All I can say is 6 years after the implementation of 10/25 raids being the standard, they still haven't figured out the right balance.

I personally don't think 6 item levels is much of a benefit for 25s at all really. This is just WAY more annoying from a re-gemming, reforging, re-enchanting, re-transmog etc perspective imo.

The only benefit 25s are getting is a slightly higher from very rare chance over 10s that Thunderforged items will drop. 25s already get the benefit of getting more loot per person, and now will have a smaller chance at getting the +6 ilvl elite items. Personally, it should be up to the guild leaders to offer incentives to get players to want to do 25s.

To the average player this change is more psychological than anything. Unless 25-mans drop a relatively massive amount of thunderforged items, the difference between the two will end up being reasonably small. The fight difficulties between the two sizes fluctuate more than that from practically every single boss to the other.

In general, I'm not too happy with them trying to fix the 25-man participation rates by playing with the players' character power. I've said it many times before but I think it's more important to distinct the two progression paths in-game rather than try to directly promote one of them.

If thats the case, then wouldnt everyone just do 25 man right now? Because clearly the rewards are more than enough to satisfy the 25 man raid scene... /sarcasm

If you don't think that there needs to be a higher incentive to raid 25 man by now, i dont think you ever will get it.
    Again, there doesn't need to be any incentive by Blizzard. If no one really wants to deal with the crap and drama of a larger group then let them speak by doing 10s. Funny thing is, we have a clear cut case of the majority wanting one feature over another, 10s over 25s, and yet Blizzard is quite content to listen to the minority voice and try to keep 25s alive.

Maybe, just.... maybe, people don't want to do 25 Man because they don't enjoy it?

I know I prefer 10 Man because I feel much more epic knowing I had a bigger percentile contribution to the success of the encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Its harder to manage as a whole, period, regardless of what you think, 25man is harder to manage overall. And this a small compensation for it, without neglecting 10man, because they still have a chance on said gear. Its 100% fair. Is it a 100% fix? No, is it a step forward? Yep.

I highlighted the key words here, "manage". Are you going to tell me all 25 raiders manage the raid? Or is it 1-2 people that do that work?