Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    PvE:
    - Elemental is in desperate need of a proper AE spell for encounters like WotE HC!!

Misc.:
    - Why we're not able to use Ghost Wolf while corpse running?
    - Turn the bugged CL animation from the current PTR build into a minor glyph for 5.2!
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-01-29 at 10:13 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshne View Post
    Our playstyle is fine, we just need minor coefficient changes to our non-bursty spells (LB and Flame Shock) and a way of making our secondary stats give us better scaling.
    This is the part I can't agree with.
    Even better tweaking coefficients won't help us be in the bottom on encounters where constant switches are obligatory or flame shock may be dispelled.
    We need a way to reset at least our flame shock for switches because spamming 20k damage LBs on fights like Tsulong is just a meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonn View Post
    but personally I preferred the old EM from cata/wrath.

It also wouldn't help us with multi target, as elemental flame shock just feels useless in terms of the damage it does. The only reason to use flame shock is to buff and proc our LvB.

So as you can see, buffing lightning bolt would be the easiest way, but if they actually sat down and worked out what else to fix, they could slightly change the way elemental plays in certain situations, without making it overpowered. Granted this is all opinion and probably other things in play that make it probably not as viable as I am thinking.
    ^this.

Flame shock (DoT) and searing totem damage are doing really shit damage. Not even close to our hybrid-class sibling (Boomkin) and even ret pally censure tick harder than our. Simply buff the damage of FS (DoT) and Searing Totem along, then i think it'd give us some more descent damage on our single target damage. Even if it's not the greatest, but at least make us competitive.

The glorious moment as ele for me on pve-wise, was on the Fireland with 2pc t12 bonus pre-nerf. Perhaps dev team should consider to bring that back to us (permanet fire ele! hell yeah!).

Quote Originally Posted by orange-cow View Post
    The glorious moment as ele for me on pve-wise, was on the Fireland with 2pc t12 bonus pre-nerf. Perhaps dev team should consider to bring that back to us (permanet fire ele! hell yeah!).
    Probably will never happen again with the current talent system.

Any Change to FE affects PE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Probably will never happen again with the current talent system.

Any Change to FE affects PE.
    PE would be so much more awesome if the PFE would be permament.

Deleted
    Plus, I'd rather not rely on pet AI to deal a significant portion of my damage, unless they add pet control tools and skills, but you're better off playing your Hunter then.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a pvp enhance only, i would really love, if they could buff our ghost wolf back how it was in wotlk, you can't kite shit anymore, even with the ghost wolf glyph
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Sometimes I feel like GC forgets that Shamans even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Plus, I'd rather not rely on pet AI to deal a significant portion of my damage, unless they add pet control tools and skills, but you're better off playing your Hunter then.
    yesterday I was hunting some rare mobs and my PE earth elemental was smart enough to go behind this klaxxi rares when they do this heavy front attack. was surprised about this.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2013-01-30 at 10:36 AM.

I would rather have this shaman forum have a talk with one of the devellopers responsible for shaman class design; then have some meaningless answers from GC. I would really want to know wich direction they tend to take in the future.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    I would rather have this shaman forum have a talk with one of the devellopers responsible for shaman class design; then have some meaningless answers from GC. I would really want to know wich direction they tend to take in the future.
    They stated many times that there isn't any responsible person for a class, a team decides always
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Xelnath sort of debunked that. It's only natural for your team to have people with a different focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xelnath sort of debunked that. It's only natural for your team to have people with a different focus.
    He didn't really debunk it. He was a dev that really like the Warlock class and focused on its development. That doesn't mean he was the "Warlock class lead", just that he was a dev that spent a lot of time thinking about Warlocks.

Deleted
    There's nothing that prevents the others on the team to share a similar kind of preference, it would be only natural eventually. You can't expect everyone to gather in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with all classes. You let different people focus on different areas of expertise and feed off each other their unique knowledge and input. It's essentially how teams should work. I'd be thoroughly surprised if they didn't have an (explicit or implicit) division of labor like that. In the end, you can't design something if you're not familiar with it, and generally you want to be more familiar/knowledgeable than the customers you're trying to sell it to.

But that's another discussion.

Problem with buffing LB is it gets too close in damage to LvB. I hate it when I see my LB crit higher than my always crit spell, but that only tends to happen when Elemental Oath is up. Also, I detest the notion of putting more damage into fire and forget spells like Flame Shock and Searing totem. Drops the skill level of the class right down. You could even consider that the bextra damage that should be awarded from Flame Shock comes from its interaction with LvB.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Now on topic. I have a question to elemental players. Is the issue with EQ that its dmg is low (meaning is just in need of tuning) or is it the mechanic itself? Cause I would love for that spell to go base line.
    The damage is low enough that for the most part, it's only barely a DPS gain over CL spam if the enemy will be in the AoE for the full duration. If anything dies early, you should've stuck with CL. Just spamming CL will also generate pretty similar DPS, so many Shaman don't bother with it at all.

The knockdown effect is only 10% per tick, which is so low that it's not reliable in PvP as a control mechanism, and in PvE it isn't reliable enough to let healers relax a bit, even if the enemies aren't just outright immune to knockdown, which many are.

All this leaves it with basically no purpose, outside pre-casting it where you know an AoE pack will be. The coming change to CL will push CL spam even higher above EQ, meaning it's basically never worthwhile unless you're pre-casting it where an AoE pack will spawn.

There's nothing that prevents the others on the team to share a similar kind of preference, it would be only natural eventually. You can't expect everyone to gather in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with all classes. You let different people focus on different areas of expertise and feed off each other their unique knowledge and input. It's essentially how teams should work. I'd be thoroughly surprised if they didn't have an (explicit or implicit) division of labor like that. In the end, you can't design something if you're not familiar with it, and generally you want to be more familiar/knowledgeable than the customers you're trying to sell it to.

But that's another discussion.
    It certainly is, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking this...

Maybe this is exactly true and the issue/s that have plagued shaman for years is that there *isn't* any person familiar enough with shaman specifically to ensure they receive proper tuning.

It's just the group mish-mash where every once in a while someone says "Let's do x for warlocks, y for mages, z for hunters.... and maybe tune shaman up 2%" because they don't know the exact issues first-hand.

There may be no class leads, but we surely don't have an in-house 'champion' either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Searing totem wasn't mandatory. I'm sick of it. As Ele its worthless and as Enhance, its buff is amazing but itself is trash.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    I wish Searing totem wasn't mandatory. I'm sick of it. As Ele its worthless and as Enhance, its buff is amazing but itself is trash.
    I think it should just be buffed in my opinion, right now for ele it's pretty much bottom priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    PvP enhance only... PvP enhance?... only?... PvP enhance only? Wow, you, sir, deserve a medal. XP
    I don't think he was saying that only enhance deserves old GW back...he is saying he only plays pvp enhance (not pve, not any other spec etc)

While you may disagree with his playchoice I don't think pvp enh deserve mockery for not choosing resto.

And I agree with him...I sorely miss old GW. At the very least I wish they would bake the glyph into the form, or give us back some variation of the old Earthbind glyph. Besides that I would ask if Enh really needs to be as neutered under Silence as we are. I don't play any other classes atm...are other melee as crippled or even bothered at all when silenced?
    "Brevity is...wit"