Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would owe, but education credits push me into a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukami View Post
    I would owe, but education credits push me into a refund.

Ah, ASU i used to go there back in the day.

Mill AVE still alive and kickin?

I have no taxable income.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    getting one and I didn't work at all this year. I did pay rent and for school supplies though.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well im not getting a much of a refund, maybe 200$ if im lucky.

My sister in law who hasn't had a job in over 3 years and has 3 kids by three different dads is getting something along the lines of 3k.

How da fuq does that work?
    Apparently our government thinks it is wise to pay families to have children. There is no way you should be able to get more than you pay... its supposed to be a refund, not free money.

I owe every year.

Grinds my gears to cut checks for thousands of dollars...

Then liberals say I should pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I owe every year.

Grinds my gears to cut checks for thousands of dollars...

Then liberals say I should pay more.
    refile your w4s and your state withholding documents and reduce the #s of dependents.
    either they take it out sooner or later. it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    refile your w4s and your state withholding documents and reduce the #s of dependents.
    either they take it out sooner or later. it sucks.
    I'm self-employed.

That means I don't do withholdings... pay twice as much FICA and have to cut a check every 3 months based on my estimated earnings.

It isn't until the very last check that I know exactly what my liability for the year is... and if I've overpaid I get mad because the government has forced me to give them an interest-free loan. If I've underpaid I get mad because I hate cutting those fucking checks and having to cut an even LARGER one is absurd.

My main beef is the fact that the government decides it can't wait for one large check from me once a year. No. They just have to get their money quarterly... never mind the fact that my earnings are unpredictable and estimates are almost always wrong in one direction or another. Nevermind the fact that it would eliminate over/underpayments or save me a lot of time.

No, they want their money as soon as possible. But they'll take their sweet-ass time giving it back if it's owed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of wish I was in a tax bracket that didn't get a refund...

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I kind of wish I was in a tax bracket that didn't get a refund...
    Go to HR.

Get a new W4.

Claim 2 exemptions.

Enjoy your $50/wk extra and significantly lower (if any) refund.

I'm living in Spain and here they still owe me 2600 Euros tax refund from last year + interests on the late refund which would put it to about 3000 euros by now. Legally they should have paid my refund by the 31'st of December last year. I'm not the only person I know who is still waiting for his refund (funny enough we all tend to be small buisness owners). And I have a faint feeling that this year they are about to do the same to me, might need a class action suit if they keep this shit up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we'll be getting somewhere around 2-3k back this year. Spent a boatload on health insurance so we get some of that back, plus I have my federal set to "single" and one dependant and my state to Married and no dependants.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in Canada and will be getting a refund of around $27,000. But this is only because I've been waiting for a few years to use my RRSP contributions. Last few years I've owed between $700 and $1200.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting pretty much a full refund of what I paid.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well im not getting a much of a refund, maybe 200$ if im lucky.

My sister in law who hasn't had a job in over 3 years and has 3 kids by three different dads is getting something along the lines of 3k.

How da fuq does that work?
    She qualifies for the children tax credit and it's around 1k/child at least in my state. That and if she doesn't have a job she might also qualify for the "Hey I'm poor" tax credit as well. If you make under a certain amount then you get massive amounts back (it was up to 3K). We actually were $8 away from qualifying for the "poor" credit. Not that we are by any means poor but we do have 1 child and 1 income right now.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid