Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Uh.....what?
    Progression stats show the tier has been difficult. People are complaining because they have failed at it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    I think im funny.

Also they arn't doing any disservice you can still go clear tier 14 raids when the first gate of the new raid is still up. You're being a drama queen, stop it.
    What drama? What I'm saying is simple, this is pretty fast for a 16 boss tier, and they will do a disservice IF (see that if, it means I can't see the future) they release the next tier and it's longer than most people expect. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - many Aussie guilds will have had just under 2 months since release to raid properly, given that Dec/Jan is our main holiday period. So November + February has got our guild to 10/16N.
    Then keep pushing those last 6 bosses.

T15HM's aren't open until the week after the patch, and if you're that deep in T14 HM, you'll probably not need a whole lot of T15 reg to start chewing on HM's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I would have preferred it mid or late March, but I wouldn't say I'm complaining about it coming earlier.

I just think we could stand a little more time in their tier based on the kind of average progress I am seeing (a lot of casual guilds haven't cleared normal and a lot of more serious guilds are still working on earlier/mid hardmodes). Since faster patches in the early expansion means increased time stuck farming the final tier while we wait for the next expansion, it makes sense to me to [slightly] prolong the earlier tiers when it makes sense.

But whatever. I don't think it's that big of a deal either way.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem may be is that if they push this out to soon it will be and we have 5 monthes per raid before new stuff is that that mean that the end of year will be the end of this expansion.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

People in the community will whine about everything. I came to accept this a long time ago and have been happier ever since. No matter what Blizz does there will be people complaining.

Personally I like the timing. Im getting sick of seeing the same bosses. Let the assault on the Thunder King begin!

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Then keep pushing those last 6 bosses.
    Given we are only doing normal - the issue is (for those who are loot driven) that LFR 5.2 will quickly be a better place for loot. For others like me (who are content driven) - I may never get to do ToES normal let alone heroic.

Well, looks like we're not gonna get H-Sha down before the tier. There's gonna be a pretty small sample of heroic guilds getting H-Sha before T15. 415 guilds currently, 1%, which is about half of the number as usual. Even Sinestra (the most "rushed" to be downed boss in Cata) had more than 700 guilds down her before T12.

Who's complaining?

That said, as a heroic raiding guild that is pushing content as best we can, we may JUST finish the tier before the patch. Maybe with 1-2 weeks to spare. If we can get it this week, we'd be part of a total of 400 some guilds to do so (10 and 25 combined). Is that an ok number? /shrug.

While I'd like to farm Sha for some stuff, it's likely to not be important if 5.2 is right around the corner anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    Those People can't be seroius. Why are there already people complaining about the release of 5.2 in two weeks? The people used to cry about no content the last expansions... I just don't get it. What's wrong with them?
    Well yeah. A thing happened.

Of course some must complain.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    What drama? What I'm saying is simple, this is pretty fast for a 16 boss tier, and they will do a disservice IF (see that if, it means I can't see the future) they release the next tier and it's longer than most people expect. That's it.
    It really isn't that fast for a tier it may just seem that way because of holidays and guilds usually don't raid em. 5 month's is a pretty long time i mean Toes isn't a huge raid either since its been out if you've been in a progression guild and trying to do it, you have cleared it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Given we are only doing normal - the issue is (for those who are loot driven) that LFR 5.2 will quickly be a better place for loot. For others like me (who are content driven) - I may never get to do ToES normal let alone heroic.
    the beauty of 5.2 for me is, it will have 20 ilvl gap between lfr and normal, that way guild that already clear T14 already have that kind of ilvl they will not even step foot inside 5.2 LFR (yey, no more "forced" lfr for some hardcore raiders). So if your raidteam members think of themselves as of decent raiders they will better start playing witch eachother and overtake chalenges or they will fall way behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    if there is anything more true than infinite human stupidity

it's that some players will bitch about anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Because some people only care about loot. They think "OH MY GOD! MY PIECE OF GEAR IS GOING TO BE INFERIOR TO A NEW PIECE OF GEAR!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!". Tell me I'm wrong.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I just wanted to finish the tier at the same pace as every other tier.

fuck me, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    they've done a gj bringing it quickly, but even I feel it's too soon. My Guild has 2 bosses left this tier and since we only raid 3 days a week, killing sha pre 5.2 will be tight.
    It's unfortunate but a lot of guilds (my guild included) are in the same boat; 1 or 2 bosses left; with the release date being February 26. I can't honestly complain because the new content looks refreshing and more exciting than some of the snooze fest bosses we had this tier; and also exciting that all the new raid content will be located in one zone. On the other hand I hope we we will have just enough time to get sha prior to 5.2 release. Feb 26 still feels like a tentative date to me; after reading the twitter feeds I wouldn't say it's 100% that 5.2 will be in place on the 26th but a good chance, depends on PTR testing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the feat of strengths for the T14 endbosses being unavailable as soon as 5.2 hits anyone that will/might miss them because this patch hits earlier than expected (many were looking at the ptr raid boss testing rate as an indication to the release date) will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    So if your raidteam members think of themselves as of decent raiders they will better start playing witch eachother and overtake chalenges or they will fall way behind.
    Yeah - but 2 months for 16 bosses was just a bit much for us, that's all. That would mean getting 2 new bosses down every week - which we didn't manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    T14 was overtuned, and this is just bringing the issue to a head.
    I wouldn't say that tier 14 in general was overtuned. I would say that Heart of Fear specifically was, however. I know my guild spent most of its raiding time this tier banging its collective head against the first four bosses in that place, and we probably wouldn't have the attendance problems we do if we had gotten through it quicker. I kind of would have liked to get through more heroics before tier 15, though there's a good chance we could get H Vaults down in the time limit.

With that said, I don't really mind moving on to a new raid, especially one that looks half as good as Throne of Thunder does. I'm not terribly proud, and it'll feel quite nice to walk back in there in a tier or two's time wearing massively inflated gear to mush Garalon with. I hate that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by superficial View Post
    I just wanted to finish the tier at the same pace as every other tier.

fuck me, right?
    You're not on reddit, quit acting like it. Also this isn't a xbox games thing change constantly in MMO's especially wow.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!