Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    For one thing he's gemming wrong. After around 495 ilvl, crit becomes worth around, or more point for point than str. My last sims have shown a SEP of between .92 and 1.12 for crit. Basically, almost everything should be a pure crit gem. 320 crit>140 str and 160 crit. Next, why does he have MASTERY enchant on gloves? That should be strength. I gota run to class, but ill try and fix the other things later.
    Indeed, I simmed his character with fully 320crit gemmed stuff except for the helmet (obviously). It goes from 105.8k to 108.7k DPS so a ~3k DPS gain and stat weights of 2.87crit>2.73str!

Looking forward to reading for your in-depth insights.

I might have a suggestion I didn't think before, he might not be using Zerker stance optimally (if at all, I don't have a clue since i just thought of it) and that may be a great loss of rage on certain fights :

MV

-H Stone guards, is zerker stance valuable from time to time during the fight? (I would bet so with chains period, overloads, stacking debuff to light floor tiles etc)
    -H feng during epicenter (if not bubbled/stunned) and draw flames and arcane shitload of damage or not worth it ?
    -H garajal I wouldn't bet on zerker at all unless you are one of the dolls replica.
    -H Spirit kings, you oublivously want to zerk for Qiang and Meng (unless I'm mistaken) and battle for subetai and shadow-guy (since as melees we are supposed to take little to no dmg for these two)
    -H elegon zerker for p3
    -H will zerker stance all along since titan gas is up all time.

HoF :
    H Zor'lok : zerker during force and verve ?
    H Tayak : zerker during p2 for sure
    H Garalon zerker all along since pheromons all time ?
    N Unsok : no idea
    N shek'zeer : zerker in p1/p3 ?

ToES:
    H Protectors : zerker if touch of sha
    H/N tsulong : zerker during night because of shadow debuff ?
    H lei shi : no idea
    N/H sha : no idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Indeed, I simmed his character with fully 320crit gemmed stuff except for the helmet (obviously). It goes from 105.8k to 108.7k DPS so a ~3k DPS gain and stat weights of 2.87crit>2.73str!

Looking forward to reading for your in-depth insights.

I might have a suggestion I didn't think before, he might not be using Zerker stance optimally (if at all, I don't have a clue since i just thought of it) and that may be a great loss of rage on certain fights :

MV

-H Stone guards, is zerker stance valuable from time to time during the fight? (I would bet so with chains period, overloads, stacking debuff to light floor tiles etc)
    -H feng during epicenter (if not bubbled/stunned) and draw flames and arcane shitload of damage or not worth it ?
    -H garajal I wouldn't bet on zerker at all unless you are one of the dolls replica.
    -H Spirit kings, you oublivously want to zerk for Qiang and Meng (unless I'm mistaken) and battle for subetai and shadow-guy (since as melees we are supposed to take little to no dmg for these two)
    -H elegon zerker for p3
    -H will zerker stance all along since titan gas is up all time.

HoF :
    H Zor'lok : zerker during force and verve ?
    H Tayak : zerker during p2 for sure
    H Garalon zerker all along since pheromons all time ?
    N Unsok : no idea
    N shek'zeer : zerker in p1/p3 ?

ToES:
    H Protectors : zerker if touch of sha
    H/N tsulong : zerker during night because of shadow debuff ?
    H lei shi : no idea
    N/H sha : no idea
    First, you can check rage gained through zerker stance on WOL, under buffs gained ->powers gained->berserker stance passive.

Zerker stance is tricky, and sort of depends on what healers you have. If you are a team w/ lots of bubbles (Pallys/priests/BM monk) than zerker stance is a LOT less useful for certain fights, such as Heroic Garajal, because the rage is too unpredictable with bubbles on you, especially as healer bubbles get stronger. Same for dogs, you *can* flip in a few cases, but it honestly isn't worth it most of the time. Feng, I use it during the Arcane phase, but that's it, since our tanks get the stun to prevent epicenter 100% of the time, and we normally have a bubble up to prevent draw flames. 4 kings you can use zerker for the cleave, but I wouldn't if I had a bubble class healer, since it only breaks slightly over battle for rage gen normally anyway. On Elegon, definitely during the very last phase, and I pop into it right as the sparks spawn, and pop out right after the sparks are dead for extra rage. Will, again it depends. You need to be taking 3-4% of your max HP every second on average in order for zerker to beat out battle for rage gain, so again it depends.

On to zerker in HOF. Honestly, outside of time spent in pheromones on heroic viz (or F and V if no bubble up), before a cleave on blade lord or during the last 20%, and before crush on H:Garalon, I'm not sure about other fights. Personally I pop zerker right before disonance fields explode on grand empress, but I found rage gen to be too unreliable in P3 to sit in it.

for TOES, after 8 stacks on Tsulong, and during Get Away on Lei Shi are the only times I swap.
    Now, addressing other issues. Comparing our kills of Feng to his, he isn't managing his resource correctly, meaning he probably isn't saving his RB stacks to use inside a CS window. He should be having 2 RB stacks and close to full rage right before CS, going CS->RB->BT->RB->RB/HL/2-4HS in that window. Also, try and line up BB for use right before a CS window, so BB->DR->CS->RB etc.

Also, he has too few BTs. I had 54 in a 5 minute kill. He had 62 in a 6:30. He should have had closer to 70-75.

Also, no reason to use Bladestorm on Feng. The adds (If you even get any) will go down quickly enough with dragon roar and meat cleaver stacks.

Deleted
    Wow lots of infos there ,thank you veeery much, I will look into it (translation-wise) and pass along all your kind advices.
    thanks a lot!

We do have a disc priest (pretty strong one) so maybe zerker stance is useful in less situations than I thought, but is worth using on H garalon for sure (he often gets out of range so his life is nearly never topped off ^^) and on H will that we two heal, so even if there is the disc, his life is always between 6-80%
    Tayak p2 ok, feng arcane ok. I guess he should try it out a little and get practice with it for other encounter but it is still a gain imo.

The key problem here is the resources management and I will discuss it with him.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    For one thing he's gemming wrong. After around 495 ilvl, crit becomes worth around, or more point for point than str.
    So gem strength pre 495 ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    So gem strength pre 495 ilvl?
    Not pure strength. Pure crit in yellows, str/crit in reds, hit/crit in blues. Before a certain level, meeting socket bonuses is worth it. I only just started ignoring them because pure crit was better. Again, it does depend on your gear, this is simply what I have found based on the gear upgrades I have gained.

Deleted
    Was wondering if anyone would be willing to have a look at my dps http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/178148/
    Im aware I dont double pot on many fights and I dont always perform the opening rotation as well as is possible.
    Any help would be much appreciated, thanks very much.
    Armory link here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rtigo/advanced

Hello there

I'm not satisfied with how much damage im putting out, i feel like i can do more, but i dont know what the issue is, i suspect that my crit might be a little low but i aint 100% sure.

Here is my armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...coles/advanced

And here is logs for the raid we had today:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-52...ik5/details/9/

it is for windlord and ambersapper, note that we are a pretty casual guild but i want to contribute as much as possible.

PS: not sure if logs are made right.

Hey
    First thing you should do is to get exp caped 2nd thing is to drop the reck Glyphs sense its a dps loss go whit bull rush or rude interruption when on fights that have some thing to interrupt

The logs I leave for some one who can look at them right at the hour
    Last edited by Nisho; 2013-02-19 at 12:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodbath not avatar for another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisho View Post
    Hey
    First thing you should do is to get exp caped 2nd thing is to drop the reck Glyphs sense its a dps loss go whit bull rush or rude interruption when on fights that have some thing to interrupt

The logs I leave for some one who can look at them right at the hour
    Done, i did some modifications that i thought would help, why it aint capped now i donnu heh...
    Glyph has been removed, but is it really that huge of a dps loss?`

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Bloodbath not avatar for another thing.
    Iv never used Bloodbath before because there has been so much disscusion about how close avatar/and bloodbath is, my question is is there any point at using bloodbath when i have 0 experience and when they are that close?

Ill give Bloodbath a bash at the next raid night
    Last edited by critterkiller; 2013-02-19 at 01:59 PM.

Iv never used Bloodbath before because there has been so much disscusion about how close avatar/and bloodbath is, my question is is there any point at using bloodbath when i have 0 experience and when they are that close?
    They might have been close before Avatar was nerfed, but currently the clear winner is Bloodbath. It is really not that complicated to use, i.e. push it every minute before DR followed by a CS window.

Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    They might have been close before Avatar was nerfed, but currently the clear winner is Bloodbath. It is really not that complicated to use, i.e. push it every minute before DR followed by a CS window.
    Hmm true, forgot about the rage gain effect being remove, suppose a CS window would also help alot and even more if you are lucky enough to have 2 stacks of RB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by critterkiller View Post
    Hmm true, forgot about the rage gain effect being remove, suppose a CS window would also help alot and even more if you are lucky enough to have 2 stacks of RB
    It was never close. Has been even further away since 5.1. It's also not luck. If you can't manage you RB stacks/enrage/CS/rage you can't play a warrior.

@Theocoles
    I didn't sim your character but judging by your gear level gemming your pants with a Smooth gem is a DPS decrease from just an Inscribed, same with your chest, match that bonus with an Inscribed. Your bracers need STR, not mastery, your boots have no enchant, and your OH need Dancing Steel, not Windsong.

You really don't have any logs to study your rotation, the closest you have is maybe a long Un'sok attempt. What sticks out like a sore thumb to me is that you're using RB outside of a CS a ton with only 3 instances of Meat Cleaver, which is pretty risky if you're not that geared considering the rate at which you crit. Pool two stacks for every CS and dump all your rage with HS, use BT and another RB if you can. During your downtime pool rage along with stacks and keep BT on cool down, fillers can be Shouts, Heroic Throw, or Bloodsurge WS, you use WS a ton, which eats up a lot of rage. Avatar<Bloodbath, too.
    Last edited by Adsertif; 2013-02-21 at 05:06 PM.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

10+ Year Old Account
    If the guy is in the 50th percentile, he's just doing the basic rotation wrong. I'm pretty consistently 90th-95th and I never almost never do gimmicks like swapping to zerker.

You mentioned lack of wild strikes? WS should almost never be used unless it's procced the rage reduction. Fury is all about pooling rage for CS windows and maximizing enrage uptime.

Tell him to get an addon like NeedToKnow to track enrage and CS duration, and do a maintenance rotation between CS windows. That means no Wild Strikes unless procced, heroic throws, shouts, or even skipping a global. If you're entering CS with less than 100 rage, you're not managing your rage properly (or had some really shitty RNG). If you're not enraged before CS, use zerk rage. If that's not up, and you're not enraged, wait for the next BT and hope for an enrage.

Never Dragon Roar without Enrage, macro Bloodbath to it.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    I'm pretty consistently 90th-95th and I never almost never do gimmicks like swapping to zerker.
    Do not listen to this at all. Smart use of berserker stance for free rage is not "gimmicks" - it's proper play...

As far as I'm concerned, if you don't use zerker on obvious mechanics like force and verve, elegon, rain of blades, etc... you're gimping yourself and should probably work on that immediately for an instant increase in DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by sOvrn View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, if you don't use zerker on obvious mechanics like force and verve, elegon, rain of blades, etc... you're gimping yourself and should probably work on that immediately for an instant increase in DPS.
    This depends on what cooldowns your raid is using to mitigate the said abilities. If your incoming damage is very low due to used cooldowns, do not use zerker. The same applies if you totally avoid the mechanics like rain of blades with dbts (100% parry).

Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    This depends on what cooldowns your raid is using to mitigate the said abilities. If your incoming damage is very low due to used cooldowns, do not use zerker. The same applies if you totally avoid the mechanics like rain of blades with dbts (100% parry).
    I mean I guess this is true, but I can't think of any situation where all Raid CDs are popped and that decreases dmg by so much that it's not advantageous to use zerker. Honestly, in these scenarios 99/100 you're going to want to use zerker. Even during windlord, i'd rather save dbts for a korthik strike and gain the massive amount of rage from rain of blades.

Deleted
    What trinket combo is the best guys?

I have:

2/2 Relic of Xuen

0/1 Carbonic Carbuncle

LFR Lei Shen's

LFR Vortex

Also sat on 2110 Valour, Any glaring upgrades ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kirath/simple

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaine View Post
    What trinket combo is the best guys?

I have:

2/2 Relic of Xuen

0/1 Carbonic Carbuncle

LFR Lei Shen's

LFR Vortex

Also sat on 2110 Valour, Any glaring upgrades ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kirath/simple

Thanks in advance.
    Hey. I think your best bet for a dps increase is to purchase the Skullrender Medallion and substitute it for Carbonic Carbuncle. Especially considering you don't have engineering as a profession.

The alternative, being to use LFR Lei Shen instead of CC and purchasing the shado pan cloak, seems to be less of an increase.

Cheers.