Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    That doesn't matter at all. It's essentially the same thing. If they just do LFR why would they care? Blizzard can't impress everyone. If they decide to release it earlier then people will complain.
    It definately matters. If they gated normal and heroic ToT to release 1 wing every week and had LFR lag a week everyone will be totally fine with that. What matters is the difference between when content is available for normal and when it is available for LFR. Last tier is was 2-3 weeks past normal to have the full LFR raid available. This tier its 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And it had 12 million at the start of Cataclysm. Then they dropped. One reason Blizzard gave for that was, that people felt the content was too hard and unaccessible.
    That wasn't no LFR's fault that was the fact that t11 was the worst grindfest ever. normal modes and heroics. from a heroic raider I nearly quit after t11 and the 25 man I was in lost 10 of our 30 man roster. It was one of the highest turnovers for raid guilds ever. that many bosses released same day will never happen again.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    I can see what you're saying as far as testing purposes go. But thinking that the majority of the playerbase gives a crap about world/server first guilds in wow is just laughable.

Most of the raiding community doesn't even know who the top guilds in the world are. The only ones who care are the ones competing.
    Oh I didn't say that 'the majority of the playerbase' cared at all. I just said that the combination of people who do care + the actual elitists must bring them enough money versus the people that they would potentially lose for this specific set of decisions. Most players aren't bothered by these things as a lot of them aren't even aware of the elite raiding or don't care like you mentioned.

It's really just the vocal minority on here that is so angry about it. Even they know that they won't realistically lose everyone on here for this, but they will certainly lose competitive, entitled people for not feeling special enough. These kinds of attitudes and responses are reflected in real life things all the time.

Like I said, don't agree with it but I also am not bothered by it.
    BAD WOLF

The release schedule for punching bag mode matters?

They release 3 bosses next week or they release 12, you're going to get bored of LFR after your first run regardless, and just go back to complaining about loot drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Exactly, thank you for linking that, now i dont have to

Wow, I am amazed at the Wow fan base and how fickle they are...(A) It is too hard--Vanilla/BC (B) It is too easy-Wrath (C) It is too hard again--Cata (D) Oh Wow LFR, normal, and heroic modes....but I'm going to qq because the content is gated. Honestly, normal modes are not very hard even with a casual group. Go normal if you want instant gratification. If you don't have the gear for normal mode then poor you. MMOs are about growing as a character and if you don't put attention into your toon then you don't deserve to progress. LFR gear in 5.2 will be pretty much equivalent to Heroic gear for Tier 14. If you were to RNG through LFR and become equally tuned as a 5.0-5.1 raider that did some H raiding...well that is piss poor design and negates all the hard work everyone has done. Wait one week. Enjoy your massive power increase. You have 13 bosses. The raid is well designed. And for everyone that subs for a month and quits only to resub and quit each new patch: Maybe you need a new game. I have been playing since Vanilla/Classic and I honestly feel like I am having the most fun I have ever had raiding.
    Last edited by blacktongues; 2013-03-05 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    QQ more we need to go back to a time when there was no LFR. so all these LFR kids had to pug raids and wait 2 tiers later to do content. Since they can't appreciate that Blizz is already bib feeding them content and they wanna complain about being bib fed content fine then take it away from them like the old days and see how much they would complain about having to wait a few weeks then. These entitled LFR heroes make me sick
    Yeah and we can go back to 7-8 boss tiers with rehashed content. LFR is why there is so much raid content being made now. The devs can legitimize spending more time on raids because more people are doing it. So because of LFR you get 50% more content. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    Give a man an inch and he'll take a mile.
    You don't agree lfr has been the worst thing? its a fucking embarrassment. I go in there on fresh 90's that are cheating to get in there with boe's in my inventory with a 440 ilvl and end up #2 on the healing chart.... Makes me wanna cry how little LFR has made casuals care about actually learning how to play there class. That was the mistake Blizz made people this bad by making LFR this easy. Make LFR like ZG/ZA heroic was week 1 where you kicked anyone not doing good dps cause the dungeons were actually somewhat hard. That would be only way to fix LFR. make it where its not intended to kill without 1-2 wipes to stacks the buff so the kids who have never wiped more than once to a boss in their life have to wipe a few times and maybe start getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The "Minority" of players do not get it "all" on the first day. They spend weeks, some even spends months trying to get through Normal modes. If you really do not understand that these people come to work hard at something and they might feel like their effort was for nothing when JobBobRogue and TerryPaladinface clear the raid in 30 minutes on day one, then you have a major problem and are pretty much the reason we get crap like yearly numbered titles in franchises and the rest of that real trash.

As for your being more likely to stick around after clearing a raid and having it on farm? Please don't assume that, because this is the internet, that any percentage of us are that stupid. Someone who is whining about only wanting to sub for a month at a time is whining because they want to get in, clear the content and unsub.

That isn't wrong, it's not even bad. That is why LFR exists. Don't belittle the game for the MANY people who DO 10 man content and 25 man content simply because you are lazy. And don't pull some magic numbers out of your butt either. LFR is popular, Normal Mode raiding is not, by any stretch of the imagination, an insignificant portion of the games population. Both of these statements are fact. Your statement that "Blizzard won't give me what I want, which I demand because I play the more popular version of the game" is opinion. It's your opinion and you are welcome to it, but stop preaching it at us.

Furthermore, you had almost a months notice to the fact that LFR would be delayed. It was delayed in the first tier of this expansion as well. To me, this sort of indicates that your just complaining to complain, there is really no excuse for why you would assume that the fact that it would be delayed didn't apply to you somehow.
    Amazingly well put, thank you.

So that LFR players get a semblance of progression.

LFR is so face roll that you could clean everything in a day without knowing shit about encounters and jumping around at 50K dps. That kinda defeat the thrill of raiding don't you think ?

LFR players should already be happy that LFR is that easy. If it was a minimum hard I wouldn't mind them releasing everything, but sadly its a tourist raid. So yeah gates for you so that you don't kill Ra den in LFR while your normal guild is still stuck on the first fours.

If you don't want to play more than 1 month of sub to see the content, just wait 1 week or 2 before subscribing again then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I understand that not all of LFR should be available from day one, and I'm fine with waiting, but I'd rather see it more like

5.3. normal raid
    12.3. LFR part 1 + 2
    19.3 LFR part 3+4

That's still two weeks to wait for the whole LFR to be playable. Even releasing one part every week would be better than having to wait 2 weeks for each part 3 and 4. Over a month seems extreme. If I subscribe this week, my one month of subscription will run out before I can do the whole raid. Is that intentional to keep casual players more tied to the game?
    because bliz is stretching out subs. there is no other reason that makes any sort of sense when you examine it. All that crap about normal and hc raiders is pure bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by xihuitl View Post
    because bliz is stretching out subs. There is no other reason that makes any sort of sense when you examine it. All that crap about normal and hc raiders is pure bullshit.
    Yes, you are right it is a conspiracy.
    Last edited by blacktongues; 2013-03-05 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    because bliz is stretching out subs. there is no other reason that makes any sort of sense when you examine it. All that crap about normal and hc raiders is pure bullshit.
    I agree blizzard see's there is a sub bleed and they are gating content to slow it down. I said this at the start of MOP and ill say it at the end of MOP and everywhere in the middle this is a fact that can't be argued.

Like you said all the bs about heroic/normal mode raiding is just that its bullshit nothing more nothing less that is why its 6 weeks because then you have to sub for 2 months.

I have grown really tired of blizzard and there bullshit My sub needs 2 days before the 4th wing is released and as it stands now I could even careless about ToT this gating bullshit that have done since the start of MOP hell since CATA's release has only gotten worse and me along with many others is tired of it that is why the subs keep dropping.

I'm personally done with this thread and blizzard call me a troll/bad or w/e but that is what it has come down to "Gate content to make more money and have to make less content"

I said this at the start of MOP and everything released and the way it has released since then has proved me right.

First they gave Heroic Raiders a extra boss "that I did not mind that is cool extra work for extra reward" but now gate LFR more so Normal mode/heroic mode raiders don't feel cheated due to LFR raiders finishing the content faster....that's bullshit its a money thing nothing more nothing less.

/Walks Away.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blacktongues View Post
    yes because people like you ruin gaming
    No its the wanna be elitist assholes who think they are better then everyone in the game that is ruining it. if it was not for the casual's wow would be under 2 million subs.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-05 at 09:01 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I agree blizzard see's there is a sub bleed and they are gating content to slow it down. I said this at the start of MOP and ill say it at the end of MOP and everywhere in the middle this is a fact that can't be argued.

Like you said all the bs about heroic/normal mode raiding is just that its bullshit nothing more nothing less that is why its 6 weeks because then you have to sub for 2 months.

I have grown really tired of blizzard and there bullshit My sub needs 2 days before the 4th wing is released and as it stands now I could even careless about ToT this gating bullshit that have done since the start of MOP hell since CATA's release has only gotten worse and me along with many others is tired of it that is why the subs keep dropping.

I'm personally done with this thread and blizzard call me a troll/bad or w/e but that is what it has come down to "Gate content to make more money and have to make less content"

I said this at the start of MOP and everything released and the way it has released since then has proved me right.

/Walks Away.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 08:59 PM ----------

No its the wanna be elitist assholes who think they are better then everyone in the game that is ruining it. if it was not for the casual's wow would be under 2 million subs.
    Actually I'm not an elitist. But I understand MMO design is about character progression. For all those that sub and unsub just to devour LFR content..well what is your money worth when Blizzard only gets it once a quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Less content? There is more content now than ever before. I'm not sure I follow your logic...

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Less content? There is more content now than ever before. I'm not sure I follow your logic...
    Prolly one of those folks who think anything that isn't a raid or a dungeon isn't content. I agree with you, though. The game has far more to do now than ever before.

[QUOTE=mikencarly;20423050]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    First you cry because you wont get to see every encounter, now you cry because you cant get to see it all fast enough. What will be the next thing you complain about? Not enough free epics?
    Just for a note, I dont even raid my self. And I love this idea, now I wont clear LFR the first week.

Just be happy you have a chance to see the content. Imo they should remove LFR again.[COLOR="red"]They never removed lfr in the first place just sayin... stop please lfr is going nowhere.
    Well, maybe I wrote it wrong. But what I ment was to remove it from the game. But I saw another better suggestion here - make it share the save with normal and HC. Because, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is the only reason i can imagine..

Because some of you are still wiping to Stone Guardians....

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    So that LFR players get a semblance of progression.

LFR is so face roll that you could clean everything in a day without knowing shit about encounters and jumping around at 50K dps. That kinda defeat the thrill of raiding don't you think ?
    If people wanted a semblance of progression or the thrill of raiding they would be doing normal raiding. I use LFR to jump in and twat bosses for easy loot with little or no hassle while taking the least amount if time possible. Know the best thing? I am in the majority in that regard. The fact that they are artificially extending that content so the minority of 'real' raiders can kill the bosses first gets right up my nose.