Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not possible for the Blood Elves to become neutral, for all we know the next Warchief might be a blood elf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill trade you blood elves for dwarves.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Not that your idea is bad or anything, but a lot of people bring it up about ones a month. Also to answer your race imbalances, You give the Horde Ogres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah having blood elves is close enough id rather have a neutral race of Ethereals, if the next expansion is burning legion which would be fricking awesome

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The guy was an upjumped idiot and second only to his killer in terms of hypocrisy, only his brand of it was detrimental to a hell of a lot more than just his ethics.
    ...Varimathras? :B
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Im so tired of these 'I wanna roll a pretty blood elf but dont wanna be horde' threads

The blood elfs aint going anywhere and we have enough elf factions as it is

So just deal with it

blizz is gonna troll the alliance by making all the high elves reunite with the blood elves. Since the reason the high elves divided to start with was because they didnt want to dabble into the fel magic, but now the sunwells back and they can all live happily together. we'll call them high blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    No.

There are literally one faction of High Elves with a decent amount of people, the Silver Covenant.

There are as many people in the WARSONG OFFENSIVE, an army from Northrend. Than there is total High Elves in the world.
    there is also more high elves than there are darkspear trolls, or gnomes combined.

on topic: DO EEET @_@ DO EEET NAO @_@ ME WANT ALLIANCE HIGH ELF DEATH KNIGHT

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    blizz is gonna troll the alliance by making all the high elves reunite with the blood elves. Since the reason the high elves divided to start with was because they didnt want to dabble into the fel magic, but now the sunwells back and they can all live happily together. we'll call them high blood elves.
    no the reason they didnt come back was because they didnt want to betray the alliance, neither did a large portion of blood elves either, which is why they had to be brainwashed by the magisters.

all in all the blood elves being in the horde has nothing to do with the story and everything to do with the alliance being overpopulated and blood elves being one of the most requested races.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see High Elves becoming available for the Alliance with Blood Elves and Silvermoon still aligned with the Horde with High Elves having Stormwind as their "racial" city.

But for balance we should have an alliance race become also available for the Horde with the Alliance maintaining their racial city. Or give the Horde, for fairness sake, another race option outside the neutral races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game mechanics will not allow this to happen. The last bombshell major faction change they did was with Shaman and Paladin. I doubt they wanna go down that road again but with races. There is no compelling need for Blood Elves to become a neutral faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Game mechanics will not allow this to happen. The last bombshell major faction change they did was with Shaman and Paladin. I doubt they wanna go down that road again but with races. There is no compelling need for Blood Elves to become a neutral faction.
    "New" races for each faction without increasing art asset requirements in an expansion which they're probably going to be putting out revamps for 8-10 races already? <_>
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I meant the Kirin Tor abandoning the blood elves to Garithos justice, which is why I said not the recent purge, they kinda deserved that one.
    You mean the Kirin Tor didn't directly oppose, assault or fight the leader of the armies - AND the army itself - protecting the land from the Scourge in order to protect a people who sided with the very same creatures who just recently ransacked Dalaran?

It was not a direct betrayal, but it shattered any basis for trust.
    It would have been better off made clearer one way or the other. Right now, that entire plot serves as the lynchpin for BElfs leaving the Alliance, but we're never given a clear reason why the Night Elves are there, or what role if any the Dwarf ambassador is playing. Blizzard obviously wanted to create a rift of some sort....but it's never made clear if the installation was sabotaged, as the BElf captain suggests, or if it blew up simply because it was overloaded and poorly maintained as the BElf in charge suggests...which in turn would suggest the sabotage excuse was used to simply cover up that captains incompetence.

The end result is the same but I'd have liekd to know whioch route was taken to get there.

EJL

Deleted
    To be honest , i don't think they should become a neutral race , there has been enough changes with the class/race previously.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Espionage is in and of itself a tacitly aggressive act. That's why even in peace time it's done secretly, even among allies. The Night Elves had an armed scout almost at the very gates of Silvermoon, and three independent bases of operations set up in the Ghostlands.
    Yes...espionage is conducted even amongst allies. And the NElfs took no direct action. We don't know why they were there, we don't know what they doing, we don't know if there was sabotage or not. That storyline could have been told far, far better.

I don't consider the Alliance to have "betrayed" the Sin'dorei in these aggressive acts in the BE 1-20 questing, but it certainly serves as plot justification for why the Blood Elves would be turning their attention to the Horde as a possible ally.
    Not really. Even BElfs should recognise that allies can and do keep an eye in each other. And if they leave the Alliance because the Alliance is scouting, they should also not join the Horde because its going to be keeping an eye on them.

Already beset by the Scourge remnants and the Amani, suddenly the races of the Alliance are poking around provocatively while they are at their weakest and most vulnerable... not with a single offer of aid, but much more like carrion birds waiting to swoop in.
    If that's their perception after 2000 years of friendship and alliance, their problem is not the Alliance; it's their paranoia.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    You mean the Kirin Tor didn't directly oppose, assault or fight the leader of the armies - AND the army itself - protecting the land from the Scourge in order to protect a people who sided with the very same creatures who just recently ransacked Dalaran?
    The Kirin Tor did absolutely nothing in order to save them and the Naga did not ransack Dalaran, they might have been the main reason Garithos has been able to retake the city, since it used to crawl with scourge.

To Quote Rommath on the matter

"You are blind," Rommath replied evenly, assuredly. "They bit off more than they can chew, and now they find themselves facing both Malygos and Arthas. They are afraid, as they should be. They need aid beyond their own capacity—and to whom have they always turned regarding matters of the arcane? Oh, yes, to us. The members of the Kirin Tor will swear up and down that you are indispensable to them, that your skills are invaluable. The moment you become inconvenient, you will be discarded." He cocked his head to the side, one long ear twitching almost imperceptibly as his eyes slid first to Halduron, then to Lor'themar. "Ask them. They know. But not as well as I."

Aethas stared blankly back at Rommath. "Quel'Thalas and the Kirin Tor have been allied for over two thousand years," he said. "Since we joined formally with the Horde, things have been strained, but—"
    Rommath laughed again, loudly this time.
    "Since we joined the Horde," he repeated. "Of course. That's somewhat awkward, I imagine. And do you, Archmage Sunreaver, remember exactly why we sought to join the Horde?"
    Aethas did not answer, but he looked Rommath straight in the eye, unflinching.
    "A monumental betrayal," Rommath said, his voice nearly a whisper. His eyes glittered with seething anger that nearly a decade had failed to quell. "In Dalaran," he continued, "beneath the ever-watchful eyes of the Kirin Tor."
    "They really had nothing to do with—"
    "I assume you mean," Rommath interrupted, "that the Kirin Tor did nothing. Did nothing to prevent it, did nothing to stop it. And instead"—his voice began to rise—"left us to rot in the prisons beneath a city many of us called home as much as ever we did Silvermoon. A city our own crown prince had served as faithfully as his own homeland for longer than a human lifetime. A city we fought and died for, and at the request of the Kirin Tor. A city within whose walls they would have watched, in silence, as we all swung from a hangman's noose. Their city."
    It would have been better off made clearer one way or the other. Right now, that entire plot serves as the lynchpin for BElfs leaving the Alliance, but we're never given a clear reason why the Night Elves are there, or what role if any the Dwarf ambassador is playing. Blizzard obviously wanted to create a rift of some sort....but it's never made clear if the installation was sabotaged, as the BElf captain suggests, or if it blew up simply because it was overloaded and poorly maintained as the BElf in charge suggests...which in turn would suggest the sabotage excuse was used to simply cover up that captains incompetence.

The end result is the same but I'd have liekd to know whioch route was taken to get there.

EJL
    The dwarven ambassador did spy, that much is certain and so did the Night elves, we might know the reason as well, which would be the Draenei starting zone.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-03-23 at 11:46 AM.

Talen, you're forgetting perhaps that "Alliance" and centuries of amiable relationship emphatically did *not* mean Night Elves to Quel'thalas. They came aboard during the Third War, long after Quel'thalas had left and around the time Quel'thalas was alone facing the Scourge (a problem which, again, can fairly be blamed for getting out of control by the lassitude and shortsightedness of Dalaran and Lordaeron). What the Night Elves were to Quel'thalas were a very un-warm, un-friendly situation. Millenia not of alliance and friendship but of mistrust and resentment. Who were now part of the Alliance... the same one that had so utterly failed to be anything resembling friendly of late.

So they set up a beach head in the Ghostlands, and immediately start scouting out damaged or disused ley-lines (i.e. potential resources). If their intentions as the very bizarre choice for envoys from the Alliance were benign, they could have come to Silvermoon under a banner of truce. What they were doing looked like laying the groundwork as pretext for an opportunistic invasion -- especially when combined with the sabotage in collaboration with the Prospector.

You're best case here in arguing your interpretation would be to plead gross diplomatic incompetence on the part of the Alliance... which would at least turn out to be consistent with MOP, I suppose. Not sure how many more Alliance attempts to woo their friendship the Blood Elves can stand.

Those Rommath quotes are great... is that from the Lor'themar short story?

Deleted
    watch the blood elf campaign in WC3 to see why belfs will never rejoin the alliance, back then there leader kael'thas sunstrider was getting quite annoyed with a human called lord garithos or something like that and left the alliance why would the elfs go back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Then finally they would show what I already knew long ago: Blizzard is stupid.
    Then why are you so invested in this entire world that is 100% their making, and belongs to them.

That's rhetorical I don't really want/care about an answer.

Loving rumaya's points atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    When did the blood elves side with the Scourge? I'm not sure if you're altogether clear on what happened Warcraft III.

The blood elves allied with the naga, who had never set foot in Dalaran. They did so because Garithos was trying have them killed by sending them on suicide missions, and they would have died if the naga hadn't helped them.

When Garithos found out they accepted help from the naga, he called them traitors and imprisoned them in the Violet Hold. The Kirin Tor let this happen, mind you, even though Kael'thas was a respected member of the organization, as were many of the blood elves.

Garithos tried to execute them (by throwing them in a pit of giant scorpions, as I recall) but Lady Vashj rescued them.

There is literally no way you can legitimately paint blood elves as the bad guys in the Garithos situation. They were trying to be loyal members of the new Alliance, Kael was being extremely accomodating and humble, especially for and elf, and Garithos was being racist and trying to get them killed because he hated elves.

I suggest actually playing the TFT blood elf campaign, or at least watching the full thing in youtube. It's so one-sided againt the blood elves it's not even funny. It's no wonder they hated the Alliance after that.

The Kirin Tor has just replayed the situation with the Sunreavers. Regardless of whether or not they are guilty, the blood elves are rightfully indignant at the Kirin Tor -- and they frankly had never forgiven them for the way they treated Kael'thas.

You could conceivably even blame the Kirin Tor for Kael's eventual fall, as their failure to side with him over Garithos directly led to Kaels alliance with Illidan and Vashj and eventually to the Burning Legion.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-03-23 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

The blood elves allied with the naga, who had never set foot in Dalaran. They did so because Garithos was trying have them killed by sending them on suicide missions, and they would have died if the naga hadn't helped them.
    The Naga took control of Dalaran in order to use the eye of Sargeras to destroy the Lich king, it is hinted they drove most of the undead from Dalaran.