Deleted

Phenom x6 1040t low fps ? Server ?

Hey Guys ,

I did upgrade my CPU but after i transfered the Server it started to lag. I did switch from a mid pop server to a high pop server but they are on the same realmpool.

Maybe its just my imagination but i got the feeling that it was better on the old server.

Anyway could it be also a system bottleneck ?

Config :

Phenom x6 1045T ( i postet a 1040 but its a 1045t)
    6 GB DDR2
    HD 4870 1GB

I did wiped my PC last week cause i got so frustrated and also put Win8 on it.
    Also a new and clean WoW install.

10Mans are no Prob but on 25man i sometime have bout 7-10 FPS.......

I play on 1920x1080

Ah i forgot to mention that i have a Dual Display setup the other screen is 1440x900 and just runs my desktop or mozilla while i play
    Greetz
    Last edited by mmoc1eb82950b6; 2013-03-24 at 03:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiousity, have you tried playing on the old server or another server? I've heard some very strange issues that people are experience lag on specific servers.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Out of curiousity, have you tried playing on the old server or another server? I've heard some very strange issues that people are experience lag on specific servers.
    Its not possible for me because i got no lvl 90 on my old server :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make a character on a new server and run around SW/Org
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by pkcross View Post
    I did upgrade my CPU but after i transfered the Server it started to lag. I did switch from a mid pop server to a high pop server but they are on the same realmpool.

Maybe its just my imagination but i got the feeling that it was better on the old server.
    More visible players = lower fps. That's the way WoW has always worked from day one. You talking about lag or low fps btw? There seems to be a bit of disconnect between the topic of the thread and first line of the post.

Anyway could it be also a system bottleneck ?
    Slow CPU from 3 years ago or high end graphics card from 4 years ago. Take your pick. Both are hurting your fps in WoW.

10Mans are no Prob but on 25man i sometime have bout 7-10 FPS.......

I play on 1920x1080
    At what settings? 7-10fps sounds about right if you push the big slider to "ultra".

Ah i forgot to mention that i have a Dual Display setup the other screen is 1440x900 and just runs my desktop or mozilla while i play
    Doesn't matter at all. Slows down your graphics card by around 1-2% tops.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    7-10fps on ultra settings in 25man with this hardware sounds about right:

1. The graphics card is pretty old and weak compared to todays products. It's enough for most of WoW, but visually loaded 25man raid battles will bring it down easily.

2. While the raw power of the CPU is not that bad, it is actually a bad cpu for WoW. Simply because of the fact, that WoW can really only use about 2-3 of the 6 cores. Furthermore the cpu has only 2.7 GHz. Most games, and especially WoW, favor less cores with higher clock.
    If you compare the WoW performance with other cpus, i wouldn't be much surprised if it only had the same performance like e.g. an Athlon II X2 270 (2x 3.4GHz)

P.S.
    Turns out i was pretty close with my estimation: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/190?vs=147
    The Athlon II X2 265 (2x 3.3GHz) even beats the Phenom II X6 1055T (6x 2.8GHz) in WoW.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    For starters, a specific server will never cause framerate drops. Only network lag.

For these specs, assuming ultra (or even high, to be honest) settings, these framerates sound about right for WoW raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post

2. While the raw power of the CPU is not that bad, it is actually a bad cpu for WoW. Simply because of the fact, that WoW can really only use about 2-3 of the 6 cores. Furthermore the cpu has only 2.7 GHz. Most games, and especially WoW, favor less cores with higher clock.
    If you compare the WoW performance with other cpus, i wouldn't be much surprised if it only had the same performance like e.g. an Athlon II X2 270 (2x 3.4GHz)
    Raw processing power on the phenom isn't that great either. Not compared to intels of it's age.

But generally, raw processing power is a useless way to measure how well a CPU is going to run in a game. If games used all the power a CPU could muster we likely wouldn't have problems.

Because of this, AMD processors have noticably lower framerates in WoW as single core performance beats out raw processing power (even though raw processing power is usually equal between intel and AMD, despite less cores.)

Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    Raw processing power on the phenom isn't that great either. Not compared to intels of it's age.

But generally, raw processing power is a useless way to measure how well a CPU is going to run in a game. If games used all the power a CPU could muster we likely wouldn't have problems.
    IPC is the correct metric, but that's besides the point of this thread.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    I am talking about low FPS :/

My settings are between medium and low.

Yeah i did read it that wow just uses a fracture of my cores...... ;/ sucks

I am talking about low FPS :/

My settings are between medium and low.
    Should get bit better results than that. Got newest graphics card drivers? You tried running WoW in DX11 mode?

Even if Radeon 4800 cards are DX10 officially, DX11 mode did give me 15% more speed with R4850.
    Trolling should be.