Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another thread? really?

Again, wait with the weekend, so we can have more solid footing with our logs to see how much of an increase this is. Again, this is an hotfix, you can not expect mechanical changes with a hotfix. Again, this is a response to our lack of aoe healing for heavy stack periods. Again, this is not a good 10-man buff.

Can't we just keep this in one topic, for the love of God?
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Edit: posted in the wrong thread nvm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekboy View Post
    Should put us on par on Jin'Rokh and Mageara. Still behind on most other fights where the raid is stacked. The problem wasn't so much in the number as it is broken mechanics, specially in 10 man where HR and specially CH are not as good.

I noticed a good suggestion on the official forums that doesn't need much work and doesn't break PvP. Switch Ascendance and Mastery.

Our new mastery: Heals the raid x% of the heal we do. (Spread fights fixed)
    Ascendance: Heals hit for more on low hp targets (on use healing cooldown).
    Nice that some1 likes my suggestion

On topic: This fixes not that much tbh. The loss of the healing when people aren't in the HR or when they are just out of range for an jump of CH is still something that needs to be looked at.

Deleted
    Stacking shamans on Magera 25HC tonight then, yolo..

Seems a bit to much ye, our shamans, for the must are topping AoE (Deppends on bosses/situations..)
    Hotfix before the weekend tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post

Seems a bit to much ye, our shamans, for the must are topping AoE (Deppends on bosses/situations..)
    Seriously, have a word with your non-shaman healers.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldJRimmer View Post
    We buffed Healing Rain, Chain Heal and Earthliving by 20%. Live in NA and China. Rest of the world in the next day or two.

That should help!
    Not really, it wont help, since it doesnt adress the issue.

We still have no way to heal spread AoE situations.

Its not that we have a worse spell than other classes, the problem is that we have NO WAY to heal spread AoE raids except by casting multiple single target heals.

But again, Blizzard doesnt understand the problem and "fix" the wrong things.

We did need a buff to those spells, but a 10% would have been enough, what they should have given us is a way to heal spread AoE situations.

We will still be the less viable class in T15.

Honestly since I started my Shammy back in BC I've seen changes to EL, CH and now HR. The class isn't broken, and neither is the spec.

The one issue that Blizzard messed up this patch was make Resto Shammies too similar to Resto Druids by giving us a Riptide Glyph. Remove that and we are back to old way which is fine by me.

With this fix though I don't know to be honest if it will fix anything. With the Glyph of Chain Heal (been using it since 5.2 went live) I've noticed a huge increase in my healing because I can now spread my chain heal to 24 yards. This needs to become baseline, we are still the only class that uses a chain mechanic and not a radial mechanic.

Healing Rain was fine, I honestly did not see the issue there at all.

Earthliving was also good too, I felt that in this expansion it felt very good like it did towards the end of WotLK. I would change somethings with Earthliving to only go off on Chain Heal and Healing Rain. Blizzard could also do the same mechanic which they did to Marksman Hunters which is when you crit with Arcane Shot and other spells it puts a passive dot on your target. Earthliving could be the same thing when you crit with Healing Rain and Chain Heal that it puts a passive hot on the target that heals them for 30% of the damage over a period of seconds.

As for viable I don't think so. In our 10's our Shammies are basically on top next to Holy Pallies.

Wow, this seems too good to be true. 20% straight up buff to our aoe healing. I dont care if this still doesnt put us on par with other healers or if its not optimal in tot since aoe healing isnt the easiest to come by. Its a buff, deal with it.
    As others would say, I do expect a nerf, 20% just seems too high when ghostcrawler was constantly saying our healing is almost how they want it but even if its 5% its still a buff. Not to mention its a buff for 5.2 =D which is awesome

Any1 know if this would increase the use of glyph of chaining and echo? Since whilst echo is still quite rng which isnt really great for healers a 20% buff to the spell which gets effected most by echo just seems quite nice. Im definitely sticking with glyph of chaining now but still not sure about echo

Ah, if this buff goes live the healers im healing with would be so jealous since ive been top of healing the whole expac. Yes I know they arent the best of healers but who cares xD
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-03-27 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    Honestly since I started my Shammy back in BC I've seen changes to EL, CH and now HR. The class isn't broken, and neither is the spec.

The one issue that Blizzard messed up this patch was make Resto Shammies too similar to Resto Druids by giving us a Riptide Glyph. Remove that and we are back to old way which is fine by me.

With this fix though I don't know to be honest if it will fix anything. With the Glyph of Chain Heal (been using it since 5.2 went live) I've noticed a huge increase in my healing because I can now spread my chain heal to 24 yards. This needs to become baseline, we are still the only class that uses a chain mechanic and not a radial mechanic.

Healing Rain was fine, I honestly did not see the issue there at all.

Earthliving was also good too, I felt that in this expansion it felt very good like it did towards the end of WotLK. I would change somethings with Earthliving to only go off on Chain Heal and Healing Rain. Blizzard could also do the same mechanic which they did to Marksman Hunters which is when you crit with Arcane Shot and other spells it puts a passive dot on your target. Earthliving could be the same thing when you crit with Healing Rain and Chain Heal that it puts a passive hot on the target that heals them for 30% of the damage over a period of seconds.

As for viable I don't think so. In our 10's our Shammies are basically on top next to Holy Pallies.
    HR needed a buff. We should be winning other classes on stack up fights where we could use it, but we were barely at the same level.
    in the rest of the fights, we were getting completely destroyed.
    I do think the buff is too big.

The CH glyph becoming baseline (without the 4 second cd of course) could fix our issue. It wont make us as good as other healers in spread situations, but will at least give us a reliable way to spread heal.

If your shammies were topping next to your holy pallies in 10s, you should talk to your priests and druids, because they are not healing as much as they can. Shamans are the lower HPS healing class by a large amount (before this buff), and in 10 man spread out fights, for like 30%.

Deleted
    yeah helps 0 for 10 mans

Deleted
    Looking forward to test the new changes in 25man today, we were already one of the best healers, a bit behind palas on stacking fights. So this should put us in an extremely good spot for the stacked fights atleast.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still say that even in 10-man, this buff will help. On 25-man, it will definetly show its ground.

Just test it out and see if you see more buffs. And log it. That's pretty much the only request I have, before you start calling it names.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    I still say that even in 10-man, this buff will help. On 25-man, it will definetly show its ground.

Just test it out and see if you see more buffs. And log it. That's pretty much the only request I have, before you start calling it names.
    I really like the part about where CH got buffed. It needed a buff. It needs more than that, but whatever. CH buff I like.

HR and EL buff... I'm doubtful. Much of that stuff already is overhealing in today's raiding landscape. I fear this will just produce more of it. Though you could always argue that (and this is my attempt at humour for today): "A shaman never overheals. A shaman stacks Ancestral Vigor!"

Finally will be able to keep up with other aoe healers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post

One of two things... or both...

1 - Your shamans are outstanding (gief logs).
    2 - Your other healers suck.

Regarding the buff, it should be great to 25man, since you can AoE more there, but to 10man I have some doubts since they buff the spells that we use less. But lets see how it plays along.

Deleted
    Can someone confirm if the fix is up on EU realms after the weekly reset?

It is up, tooltip is not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BbrMX View Post
    It is up, tooltip is not there yet.
    You sure about that? I havent noticed a difference yet and the tooltip is the same as im actually healing

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    yeah helps 0 for 10 mans
    I've used glyphed CH on pretty much every encounter that I've done so far. I'm loving the buff to it.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    You sure about that? I havent noticed a difference yet and the tooltip is the same as im actually healing
    Same here. Though I have no idea if all Realms receive a hotfix at the same time or if there can be a few hours of difference or something.