Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm guessing Malkorok is not demon-possessed, but actually a demon. I would have guessed "black dragon" but we're kind of low on those. Demon's the next best bet.
    That's quite solid theory especially considering that malkorok's way of being is very similar to annihilians (pit lords). But i really doubt it will be mannoroths setback. It would be simply anti-climatic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it was a joke.... he was being sarcastic.... trolls have black humour....
    Seriouously, people look too deep in a glass sometimes.

Just close the thread already.

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    I'm not saying they don't have reasons against him, I'm more worried about Vol'Jin and his seemingly blasé use of the undead warmachine. Something a Demon would have no quarms using. It would be a pretty big stretch knowing the Blizz creatives to make such a twist but if they want to tie in a big bad to the next patch. It should start from a lore character. I went with Vol'Jin because of the latest news. It could easily be Jaina. Her near death experience could have allowed Demonic corruption and she is now working to allow full blown Horde vs Alliance conflict erupt because Sargeas wants a beacon to locate Azeroth.

It may be far stretched as a story currently but I would like to believe a leader as bad as Garrosh is just a nut job Orc. Not corrupted, Or at the best using his Sha corruption as a weapon to halt the legion. Maybe Blizz doesn't havent the creativity for it. Hence a public forum for ideas and opinions to flow with discussion not MY OPINION IS THE RIGHT ONE SO BOW DOWN TO MY LORE NERDERY
    I firmly believe Garrosh is just a nut job without any outside influence, and I agree it's better that way. But I don't know why you're looking for demonic corruption, and if you are, why you're looking at Vol'Jin or Jaina. The obvious target for demonic influence is Garrosh's right hand, Malkorok. Vol'Jin's mention of the "undead war machine" (that's not what he said, he had no intentions of acting on those words, and he never said anything about turning the dead into soldiers) is nothing more than a "Listen to me Alliance, or things can get nasty."
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    It's not Vol'jin that's driving the war, it's the actions of Garrosh. Almost every Horde leader is opposed to Garrosh too, so unless they're all secretly Nazrethim, then Vol'jin being a Dreadlord would be a pretty useless twist - the war would happen anyway.

Besides, Blizzard would probably never get away with using the Nazrethim twist on a such a prominent character unless it was heavily hinted at and foreshadowed, to ensure that players wouldn't claim it came out of nowhere (and was therefore awful writing), which basically defeats the whole flawless deception deal (and would result in inconsistent writing).
    marry me

/10 char

Deleted
    Maybe he's Mephistroth in disguise? DUN DUN DUU!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Well Detheroc had to go somewhere, didn't he?

But in all seriousness, I'd doubt this. Vol'jin was probably being somewhat sarcastic and snide with his statement about allowing Sylvanas to resurrect the Alliance dead as Forsaken. Vol'jin has little love for the Alliance and his entreaties are based on necessity and convenience.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Long before the happy clappy or not so it seems world of pandaria, massive evil dragons and dead humans. The Nathrezim were corrupting leaders of Azeroth. Have they finally succeeded with our Trollish rebel to corrupt the masses into total war on Azeroth?

I'll quote WoWwiki (Not a great source)

"Dreadlords prefer to turn their talents to psychic assault and manipulation, seeking to dissolve the bonds that unify individuals, groups, and nations and leave their mortal victims floundering amidst chaos and decay. A nathrezim-occupied world eventually abandons higher morality as irrelevant to the context in which its inhabitants find themselves, joining the dreadlords in their callous worship of the maligned. Although fierce warriors, nathrezim prefer a leadership role, standing behind a wall of ghouls or other allies and retreating when their enemies press too close"

With the latest Spoilers (see http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-5-3-Spoilers)

Vol'Jin seems to abandon "higher morality" by saying he would let Sylvanna raise dead alliance to fight Garrosh...

Thoughts?
    I think the statement about giving the dead over to Sylvanas was more an attempt to negotiate from the "tough guy" position than any real threat. The trolls have a long history of not trusting the Forsaken.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    hes a troll

all trolls are demon possessed

I think it's as simple as Vol'Jin trusting Sylvannas more then Garrosh and would let her do what it takes to help them bring Garrosh down.

10+ Year Old Account
    also it means that vol'jin is aware of sylvs actions and possibly the valkyrs

making vol;jin more of a prick for not doing anything sooner till the orc who took his *only in mind* job from him and told him to fuck himself

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What. He bluffs back and now you think he's demon possessed?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd laugh my lungs out if it turns out in the end that Garrosh was a good guy and that oppression/rebellion was orchestrated by a dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I'd laugh my lungs out if it turns out in the end that Garrosh was a good guy and that oppression/rebellion was orchestrated by a dreadlord.
    Even in the .000001% chance Vol'Jin is a demon, that doesn't make Garrosh a good guy...
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Even in the .000001% chance Vol'Jin is a demon, that doesn't make Garrosh a good guy...
    In fact it would justify all that anti-troll stuff, who knows what a dreadlord might have agitated trolls to do. Last time it happened we got Wrathgate incident and a civil war in Undercity, I believe Garrosh wouldn't want that to repeat.

In fact it would justify all that anti-troll stuff, who knows what a dreadlord might have agitated trolls to do. Last time it happened we got Wrathgate incident and a civil war in Undercity, I believe Garrosh wouldn't want that to repeat.
    Considering the trolls did nothing at all to deserve the treatment they received, and Garrosh would know nothing about said dreadlord, no, it would not justify it, just as some terrorists being Muslims and following Muslim ideals does not justify detaining any person on suspicion of terrorist activity simply because they are Muslim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Considering the trolls did nothing at all to deserve the treatment they received, and Garrosh would know nothing about said dreadlord, no, it would not justify it, just as some terrorists being Muslims and following Muslim ideals does not justify detaining any person on suspicion of terrorist activity simply because they are Muslim.
    What a tolerastic thing to say. You "do nothing to deserve the treatment" until you blast shit up, after that no measure of punishment would revert the damage done. I'm just saying that prophylaxis ultimately turns out cheaper and less painful than treating the outbreak.

On a side note, Vol'jin pleading Alliance to help is disgusting. And Blizzard forces Horde players to side with that vermin...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Vol'jin has no issues with authority, just blood-thirsty tyrants.
    Same thing.

Vol'Jin shouldnt be possessed, corrupted or influenced. I want him to be a sore loser because he is like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it was a joke.... he was being sarcastic.... trolls have black humour....
    This...holy hell, I though it was obvious...

He's not really going to give the dead to Sylvannas, his statement was basically just saying "Fuck you for questioning me, this is my peoples' blood and future at stake, you think I wouldn't think this through?" Of course, now Blizz ruined it and made him seem like a desperate weakling with the line they added just to appeal to whiny alliance who didn't get it was sarcastic. Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    What a tolerastic thing to say. You "do nothing to deserve the treatment" until you blast shit up, after that no measure of punishment would revert the damage done. I'm just saying that prophylaxis ultimately turns out cheaper and less painful than treating the outbreak.

On a side note, Vol'jin pleading Alliance to help is disgusting. And Blizzard forces Horde players to side with that vermin...
    Think about positives, that single dialogue turned many of his "fans" against him, possibly saving us from his "glorious" reign as warchief.