Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solo tanking iron qon

How feasible is it to solo tank 10m normal iron qon as a prot paladin without another paladin in the raid? If it is feasible, is it best to run clemency, unbreakable spirit, or hand of purity?

Deleted
    if you are a dwarf , you can solotank it with one pally , by taking clemency , you can reset your stacks with two hand of protection , your divine shield , and your dwarf's racial , if you are not dwarf , i don't know if you have enough spells to reset your stacks

Deleted
    even without paladins iron qon is solo-tankable by having someone taunt off for 10-20 seconds once in a while.
    but both clemency and unbreakable spirit will work. i reset 2 times on heroic (7min fight duration). theoretically, both unbreakable spirit and clemency would allow me to reset 4 times in that timeframe.

also, keep in mind that the stacks will usually drop off during windstorm so during the first half of the encounter, there's technically no need to bop/bubble.

very easy to solo tank with clemency, try to drop on 4-5 stacks
    but don't risk keeping that many stacks during windstorm unless u use lock portal or get pulled by priest, u might get yourself killed

We've single-tanked it on 25 man the last two IDs.

Deleted
    It's solo tanked on hc so it's definitely do able on normal.

Our prot pally solo tanks it without outside help. He goes up high in stacks tho. He loves his top 10 world prot pally ranking :P

Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    also, keep in mind that the stacks will usually drop off during windstorm so during the first half of the encounter, there's technically no need to bop/bubble.
    Dunno about you guys but i get raped if I dont bubble before a windstorm

Deleted
    If u enter wind storm with stacks u better buble them right away. Other than that if ur paladin isnt horrible, and uses his cooldowns properly, you wont notice that hes taking much dmg.

Yeah, you can easily solotank it as a prot paladin without outside help.

I do it myself on Heroic, and I do not run Clemency, but Unbreakable Spirit, gives me the same number of stackresets as Clemency while also giving me a higher uptime on Divine Protection.

I generally let the stacks reach 7 before reseting, I bubble the first batch at windstorm, but make sure to have SoR stacked up before windstorm happens as you wont have character control for about 3-4 seconds while getting moved to the center of the room and the storm starting. After that I reset whenever I feel the need too. I believe on our firstkill I took 7 stacks, followed by 6, then 5 and then another 5 before the boss was dead. But thats mainly due to the increase in dmg later on in the fight and not wanting to tank 3 dogs and the boss while having a bunch of impale stacks (my healers doesn't like me).

Deleted
    Took Purity to get rid of dot damage during high stacks, this way I easily get to 9 stacks
    Bubble before first windstorm. BOP just before last phase. if you can't take that much high with cds, then yeh, bubble should be back in the end.

HoPur and no outside help needed (10HC).

Rotate through CDs and use HoPur on CD (starting at 2 stacks) for fire dog. Continue until wind storm (should be between 7-8 stacks now). Bubble going into storm.
    Tank rest of wind dog, push before 2nd storm.
    Tank voidzone dog til ~ 30-35% and BoP during a void.
    Pop Wings/HA/Lust when all dogs land, hit 600k+ DPS/200k+ HPS.
    Kill dogs.
    ????
    Profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Also, at the end of a windstorm having a dps tank it just for about 5-10 seconds is usually enough to clear your Impale stacks.

Dps warrior taunts then uses die by sword (8 seconds).

Druids can easily do it with barkskin glyphed (12 seconds boss crit immunity, only need 6%) or Heart of the Wild activated (45 seconds).

You should be able to easily 1 tank it with either clemency or unbreakable spirit.

While I have you all here......is this a buggy boss? around a third of our tries last night we were having weird stuff happen

During the fire dog, my stacks kept resetting at around 2 (meaning no high vengence on first boss qq).
    People insta die during the stun on first wind storm (not getting pulled into the middle)
    Windstorms following the boss around for like 30 seconds after wind storm and messing up all melee

Fire spear despawning when targeted on our holy pala in melee range around 30% of the time (not a bad bug :P)

We had windstorms following the boss around after windstorm last night in my main's guild, but I haven't seen the other bugs. It didn't wipe us, but it was annoying.

As you can tell by previous responses... It's very feasible.

You can soalo tank quite a few bosses actually.
    Detailed info can be found in Firefly33's post.
    Sorry I cannot link yet.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lo-tanking-T15

That thread, though that one is very old and while mostly accurate contain some inconsistencies.

I would rank up Jin'Rokh to be harder and Primordius to be easier at first glance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    While I have you all here......is this a buggy boss? around a third of our tries last night we were having weird stuff happen

During the fire dog, my stacks kept resetting at around 2 (meaning no high vengence on first boss qq).
    People insta die during the stun on first wind storm (not getting pulled into the middle)
    Windstorms following the boss around for like 30 seconds after wind storm and messing up all melee

Fire spear despawning when targeted on our holy pala in melee range around 30% of the time (not a bad bug :P)
    We've had some weird shit happen before aswell.

He has despawned at like 20% on top of the stuff you've already had.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    We've had some weird shit happen before aswell.

He has despawned at like 20% on top of the stuff you've already had.
    If he gets too close to the "wall" in the back of the room, esp when dismounting a dog, he will despawn. Very frustrating when we were first learning normal, got to final phase and *poof*, out of combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...