Thread: Nerf Incoming?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Nerf Incoming?

I'm just going to quote this from the main page today:

Aspect of the Iron Hawk and Blink Strikes may be too powerful, as passive talents should be slightly worse than active talents, because active talents require attention and skill to use.
    What do you think?
    Are blink strikes and aspect of the iron hawk "too powerful" as passive talents?

I hope not, they just need to buff the other two in all honesty. Using Crows isn't hard at all, nor does it require skill, it's just annoying especially with the focus cost.

Passive talents being worse than active talents sounds like the whole Hybrid Tax debate again. A talent should be a talent. That's it.

Rather than nerf the passives, buff the actives.
    Nerfing things down to the levels of others has been the thing to do for hunters for far too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not.. it will affect PvP as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it just makes it even more clear exactly how badly Blizzard fails at balance.

Active blink strike is too powerful in PvP? Let's make it passive and it'll fix the burst issue...oh wait, now it's too powerful for PvE because hunters started taking it over crows for PvE.

Hunters are a bit behind other classes as far as dps in raids? Let's buff Aspect of the Iron Hawk to help them catch up...oh wait! Now it's too powerful for PvE in combination with blink strikes.

They really really really need to make up their minds and also at least try to visualize what these changes might do before they make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Rather than nerf the passives, buff the actives.
    Nerfing things down to the levels of others has been the thing to do for hunters for far too long.
    Exactly, i hope they won't touch us as we scale bad and now we are pretty competetive..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I think it just makes it even more clear exactly how badly Blizzard fails at balance.

Active blink strike is too powerful in PvP? Let's make it passive and it'll fix the burst issue...oh wait, now it's too powerful for PvE because hunters started taking it over crows for PvE.

Hunters are a bit behind other classes as far as dps in raids? Let's buff Aspect of the Iron Hawk to help them catch up...oh wait! Now it's too powerful for PvE in combination with blink strikes.

They really really really need to make up their minds and also at least try to visualize what these changes might do before they make them.
    Both sides of the game affecting each other, has and always will be the case in most situations. They need to separate them big time.

I think you're not reading into the comment correctly. They specified "Iron Hawk" not "Hawk", which leads me to believe they are talking about the damage reduction, not the AP. Basically, the damage reduction portion of Iron Hawk is too potent compared to the active option on the same tier (Exhilaration), which is true in my opinion.

Part of the problem is that there are 2 passive options on this tier, one is clearly overshadowed by the other. The active option, while situationally good in PVP is weak in PVE.

None of this means nerfing anyway. They could easily resolve the issues by adjusting the weak options as they could by nerfing the powerful ones. For example, what if they added a short duration damage reduction to Exhilaration? It could make it a far more attractive option for fights with large amounts of damage in very specific windows.

He was talking about Iron Hawk's passive damage reduction not the AP increase.

I agree they should try to make Lynx rush and AMOC more attractive talents. Though they didn't have too much of an issue with us taking crows only for 6 months. Also since this is talk about how they will balance 5.4 I hope that once they fix the pet bugs that occur when you don't use Blink Strikes they get a more accurate idea of how AMOC actually competes with it in terms of SV / MM dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does Blizzard hate hunter so much. Nerf us, but keep locks and mages where they are. GG blizzard keep hating on us.

Deleted
    Yes, these should be active abilities because hunters don't have too many keys as it is.

Nobody said they should be active abilities. They said the active abilities that exist should be more attractive. Do people really not read, just whine?

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    Nobody said they should be active abilities. They said the active abilities that exist should be more attractive. Do people really not read, just whine?
    "Blink Strikes is too Powerfull" - do YOU read??

Well, aspect could be made into a % damage reduction cooldown....

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    And where in that quote does it say it should be made into an active?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

And where in that quote does it say it should be made into an active?
    He asked why ppl whine. they want to nerf a class that is already low on dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    I read just fine. Could you tell me how, exactly, that means that the passive abilities are going to get nerfed? In reality, you can't. Just like I can't guarantee you the active abilities won't be buffed to be better options.

You're being a pessimist for the sake of whining. Until there is more information, we don't know. Assuming the worst case gets us nowhere.

I read just fine. Could you tell me how, exactly, that means that the passive abilities are going to get nerfed? In reality, you can't. Just like I can't guarantee you the active abilities won't be buffed to be better options.

You're being a pessimist for the sake of whining. Until there is more information, we don't know. Assuming the worst case gets us nowhere.
    Why would GC say that BS is too powerfull ?? oh let me guess he say that just for fun? he says that because he thinks its too strong and if he thinks its too strong it should be nerf. thats common sense.

Nope, its not common sense, at all. You want it to be common sense, because then the whining is justified.

Nope, its not common sense, at all. You want it to be common sense, because then the whining is justified.
    yea sure you are smart.