Page 28 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hello everyone!
    I have come to the realization that I suck at healing and I need help improving these skills.
    Any and all critique is welcomed.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...le/Klaz/simple
    Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-32bqinlqvnoc7o3k/
    These are the most recent logs, but go ahead and check out earlier logs if you want to get a better understanding.

Reading the post above from Xs, I believe I have been doing the wrong kind of EF blanket with the raid.
    Thanks in advance!
    I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dysko View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I have come to the realization that I suck at healing and I need help improving these skills.
    Any and all critique is welcomed.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...le/Klaz/simple
    Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-32bqinlqvnoc7o3k/
    These are the most recent logs, but go ahead and check out earlier logs if you want to get a better understanding.

Reading the post above from Xs, I believe I have been doing the wrong kind of EF blanket with the raid.
    Thanks in advance!
    I really appreciate it!
    The biggest issue i can spot is your reforges, they are completely random in my eyes - it looks like you are trying to get each stat on every item which you shouldn't do.
    For gods sake pop a belt socket on
    You need to decide if you want to go Mastery healing / Crit healing / haste healing and reforge accordingly to that.
    Also try and stick with max 3506 haste rating unless you really want a full on haste build, which is not recomended.
    You also should change your chest enchant to spirit instead of stats as you spirit is not at it's best level - though i wouldn't worry about spirit before heroics.
    Mysteel - my armory

Quote Originally Posted by mysteel View Post
    The biggest issue i can spot is your reforges, they are completely random in my eyes - it looks like you are trying to get each stat on every item which you shouldn't do.
    For gods sake pop a belt socket on
    You need to decide if you want to go Mastery healing / Crit healing / haste healing and reforge accordingly to that.
    Also try and stick with max 3506 haste rating unless you really want a full on haste build, which is not recomended.
    You also should change your chest enchant to spirit instead of stats as you spirit is not at it's best level - though i wouldn't worry about spirit before heroics.
    On top of that, the pure int gem in your belt isn't as helpful as you would think

Deleted
    Just checking up really, I posted a page back or so, but at that point it was easy-ass bosses, and now I am back to see how I managed with a bit more healing intensive bosses.

On these two heroics is there anyhing I can do to directly increase my healing with my gear?
    Armory

Primordious
    Iron Qon

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Just checking up really, I posted a page back or so, but at that point it was easy-ass bosses, and now I am back to see how I managed with a bit more healing intensive bosses.

On these two heroics is there anyhing I can do to directly increase my healing with my gear?
    Armory

Primordious
    Iron Qon

a bit more detail of the problem you are having. I would say you're about ~10 iLvl under-geared, so great job getting that far with that gear. Um I would guess mana may be an issue, I say because you're a bit low on spirit. You could reforge your sword's haste for spirit, enchant spirit to chest, Change the cloak's crit over to mastery so you can change the gem in your shoulders to pure spirit. Even then you'll only be around 12k spirit un-buffed. Depending on how much you use Holy Radiance I would get the 522 helm crafted and abandon the T14 stuff (that will end up being preference) and get the valor belt it only requires friendly

Holy Pala 5.3 10man Normal + Heroic Advices

Hey girls,

Please note, this is not a whine threat, i play a holy pala since release for horde
    I just tell you how i feel atm on healing and try to get better.

After the nerf to t14 i switched to t15 (2set Boni).

Now we had our first raid and the casts feel very slowly and i feel not very competetiv in healing on the bosses...
    When the target is low, i cast holy light / devine light (big heal...i am german^^...)?
    Holy Power generation is *PEEEP*...

I am healing with a dizi.

Rotation:
    - HS on CD
    - Holy Prism on "CD" (Use intelligent)
    - Flame on Tank
    - EF on Tank(s)

Maybe someone can give some advices how to heal in man, because stacking is very rare.
    because the rotation in 10man like HR-HR-HS is nearly impossible when you are not stacking.

I thought,i could melee bosses (CS) in heroic mode to generate Holy Power, but its nearly impossible (Jin Rok, Horridon, Jin Kun, Iron Qon (only last phase))

I only know for me, holy Light spamming is too slow...And CS on most of the bosses not possible.

Maybe someome can tell me, how he is healing in 10man normal and heroic or give tips or advices

Greetings to all holy palas in the world

Edit: Can post urls.
    Gear prio is Spirit > Mastery > Haste > crit

atm 17k spirit, without horridon trinket and without meta.

Realm: blackmoore eu
    charname: realhoffi
    Last edited by realhoffi; 2013-05-26 at 07:29 AM.

[QUOTE=Joyful;21238745]Just checking up really, I posted a page back or so, but at that point it was easy-ass bosses, and now I am back to see how I managed with a bit more healing intensive bosses.

i would try to get more spirit i have 17,3k buffed with flask. but dont have meta, nor the horridon trinket

In 10m typically small heals (holy light) work well. Focus HR on the melee groups (3+ targets it's good)

If there's a lot of raid damage, use cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    In 10m typically small heals (holy light) work well. Focus HR on the melee groups (3+ targets it's good)

If there's a lot of raid damage, use cooldowns.
    With a Disc ist definitly Does Not work....low targets are up faster then my spell is finished

Quote Originally Posted by realhoffi View Post
    With a Disc ist definitly Does Not work....low targets are up faster then my spell is finished
    So you just need to be one step ahead of Atonement, instead of healing the lowest guy heal the second lowest, and instead of trying to raid + beacon with HL during low damage periods just HL the tank for Mastery bubbles

Deleted
    Also building up as much EF as possible. Try to put EF especially on target who will get dmg soon. Even without old 4set you can get 3-4 EFs rolling on raid (keep one on yourself for 100% more healing through ticks). Use the haste procc (dont remember what its called, the procc where DL/HR/HL has reduced cast time) intelligent on Bossmechanics like tripple puncture on horridon or talon rake on jikun if you dont have proccs watch timers closely and precast DL on tank. If there is little to no raid dog cast HL on tank for little heal + absorbs.

The biggest thing for most pallys is proper CD usage. Look at each fight to figure out where you need the CDs and try to use them as often as possible.

So you just need to be one step ahead of Atonement, instead of healing the lowest guy heal the second lowest, and instead of trying to raid + beacon with HL during low damage periods just HL the tank for Mastery bubbles

ok, ill try, but its not easy when you always aim for healing the lowest like wow release

Also building up as much EF as possible. Try to put EF especially on target who will get dmg soon. Even without old 4set you can get 3-4 EFs rolling on raid (keep one on yourself for 100% more healing through ticks). Use the haste procc (dont remember what its called, the procc where DL/HR/HL has reduced cast time) intelligent on Bossmechanics like tripple puncture on horridon or talon rake on jikun if you dont have proccs watch timers closely and precast DL on tank. If there is little to no raid dog cast HL on tank for little heal + absorbs.

The biggest thing for most pallys is proper CD usage. Look at each fight to figure out where you need the CDs and try to use them as often as possible.

3 power EF? do you stand in melee range?

Yeah i use cd, on cd or whe i know, its big dmg incoming.

but atm its really hard to heal with only slow casts and nearly zero aoe heal...
    the disc has 70k hps and me 35k... its shit, i need more HP...

ok, ill try, but its not easy when you always aim for healing the lowest like wow release
    If you played Holy back in Wrath you should be used to Holy Light bombing a medium health target to get the most out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    If you played Holy back in Wrath you should be used to Holy Light bombing a medium health target to get the most out of it
    yeah but there were no diszis with lower spell time ^^ thats the thing^^...
    if you just have to cast a DPS spell which is intellegient and some1 (me^^) has to decide which one i have to heal in lower ten a second, then you have to train it^^

Any concrete suggestions would be greatly appreciated

My holy paladin (my main) seems to be truly terrible compared to the other healers in my raid group, particularly the resto druid; the third healer varies, typically a dps player's offspec, and sometimes we 2-heal. We recently completed ToT 10man normal, and have made a few attempts on the first boss in heroic mode. During and after raids there are often negative comments from several members of my raid group, along the lines of "you suck" (literally) and "we should just 1-heal this fight since <so and so> does all the healing anyway". Any specific suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong, and what I should do instead that might work better, would be greatly appreciated.

I am not allowed to post links here, so please look up Devotio at Kirin Tor (US) in armory and world of logs.

A few pieces of gear have been upgraded or acquired since some of these logs, but I doubt higher ilvl will magically fix my problem since the problem has persisted since the beginning of MOP and is not new, although the performance gap between me and the resto druid has progressively widened. In any case, I do not have any better gear available to me than what is shown in armory now as of this writing (e.g., I only have the tier 15 2-set that I'm wearing; my old tier 14 4-set included some lfr pieces, so a huge stat decrease to drop back, and tier 15 lfr only drops gold afaict).

Thank you.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...votio/advanced
    Throne 10N Clear: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zp.../8/?enc=bosses
    Jin'rokh 10H Attempts: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pi...ses&boss=69465

The thing that is probably the root of most, if not all, of your problems is that your Holy Shock usage is abysmal. You want to shoot for at least 75% efficiency if not higher, and in your normal clear minus Ji-Kun (inaccurate) you averaged around 58.3% efficiency, which is terrible. This has a snowball effect, you're getting fewer procs, and getting fewer finishers out as a result. The way the class is built, most of the power comes from HP finishers, not generators (which you also are not using enough of). So you're losing a lot by not tracking HS enough.

Gear-wise, you could go for more spirit since gems have 320 spirit versus 160 intellect. But even by modifying your play above, you'll save a lot of mana already.

3 power EF? do you stand in melee range?

Yeah i use cd, on cd or whe i know, its big dmg incoming.

but atm its really hard to heal with only slow casts and nearly zero aoe heal...
    the disc has 70k hps and me 35k... its shit, i need more HP...
    I don't really agree with casting HL on the tank for mastery bubbles, but it depends on your spirit. I have about 13k spirit and flask int, so its a bad idea for me. Your mileage may vary.

I heal with a disc priest, and I don't actually don't usually aim for the second lowest so much as pay attention to how damaged people are. If they lost 100k hp, then atonement and HL can both heal them. If they're only down 50k, maybe I'll heal someone else or toss a 1HP EF on them. If the tank has lost a little health too, then maybe ill cast HL anyway, cuz even if atonement beats me to the heal it'll still duplicate on the tank. Also, if I am healing someone and atonement beats me and theres no reason to finish the cast, I don't. Of course it depends on how much spirit you have, but if you're running low spirit like me you should get used to cancelling casts when they arent needed.

You can see a few of the things I mention in one of my videos here. It should be pretty easy to see what I'm doing with the way my interface is laid out.

On easier fights, our Disc and myself will blow all our mana trying to steal heals from each other, and generally its a pretty fair fight -magaera iron'qon
    Primordius
    Twins

You say disc does 70k and you do 35k - is that on a kill and he's just doing all the healing before you can? If so, it just means he's faster than you. If its on a wipe, and people are dying and you're only doing 35k, then thats a big problem. If you want some deeper analysis, try posting logs.. even if they're in german :P

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 07:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pdpeleven View Post
    My holy paladin (my main) seems to be truly terrible compared to the other healers in my raid group, particularly the resto druid; the third healer varies, typically a dps player's offspec, and sometimes we 2-heal. We recently completed ToT 10man normal, and have made a few attempts on the first boss in heroic mode. During and after raids there are often negative comments from several members of my raid group, along the lines of "you suck" (literally) and "we should just 1-heal this fight since <so and so> does all the healing anyway". Any specific suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong, and what I should do instead that might work better, would be greatly appreciated.

I am not allowed to post links here, so please look up Devotio at Kirin Tor (US) in armory and world of logs.

A few pieces of gear have been upgraded or acquired since some of these logs, but I doubt higher ilvl will magically fix my problem since the problem has persisted since the beginning of MOP and is not new, although the performance gap between me and the resto druid has progressively widened. In any case, I do not have any better gear available to me than what is shown in armory now as of this writing (e.g., I only have the tier 15 2-set that I'm wearing; my old tier 14 4-set included some lfr pieces, so a huge stat decrease to drop back, and tier 15 lfr only drops gold afaict).

Thank you.
    First of all, I definitely agree with voidspark - change your gems to spirit. I have 1k more spirit than you and I'd consider myself running very-low-spirit. Put Int-Spirit in yellow and pure spirit in blue and you should be all set; you dont have to change your red sockets imo.

First off, why is your group telling you you suck when you're (on average) doing better than the resto shaman?

Here's what I see looking at your logs:

- Illuminated healing is doing way too much of your healing, which is a side effect of the fact that your overhealing is immense. 60% overhealing isn't THAT bad for eternal flame given its nature, but its absurdly high for all your other spells. Part of that, probably, is due to the fact that there really isn't much healing to do on Jin'rokh.

- You're using divine light, but not on the beacon target. Divine light simply isnt efficient enough and doesnt heal for enough to make it worthwhile on a raid member... basically ever.

actually I don't even really need to look into your healing more - you guys are wiping to the lightning storm. Here is overall damage taken from the lightning balls. If anyone in your group should be called bad, its Bruceree, he's getting hit almost twice as much as everyone else. You guys are dying to ionization conduction and stuff.

Looking at the deaths overview from your last attempt Your mage dies to lightning ball.. oh wow okay heres the problem:

Your monk is getting melee hit for WAY too much. He's taking 230-300k per hit not counting stagger. If you look at the bottom here our DK is getting hit for 190 and our druid 160k on average.

Okay so lets look at the 3:48 attempt ... Oh what a surprise basically everyone dies to running into lightning balls. Its really blowing my mind that they think this is your fault. You've got to tell them 'look I have to dodge these fucking balls too, I can't heal you through getting hit for 200k by lightning balls.

Classes with high damage reductions and immunities should basically never die to diffusion, on top of the fact that as a dps its extremely easy to dodge them, if they are about to get hit they can just iceblock etc.. Personally I'm not perfect at dodging while healing, so if I do see that I'm going to get hit I'll use bubble then. You can see me almost get owned (I should have bubbled but I'm used to saving bubble for the second storm) in this video.

Sometimes its useful to look at the graphs. You can see in this graph around 21:47:30 (which should be the first lightning storm) how you and the shaman basically fall off to doing very little healing. This is why the druid is doing so much more healing than you guys - it is VERY easy to heal while moving on a druid. That doesn't mean you can't do it on a paladin though!

Pick up holy avenger. Use it on the first storm, bubble and heal through the second as much as you can, and then pop avenger again on the third. Alternatively if you're REALLY struggling to avoid the diffusions, pop avenger before the storm and use it to put eternal flames on everyone - that should be enough to keep them alive if they don't mess up, and leaves you free to focus on yourself during the storm.

Let me know if theres anything else I can help with

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 07:04 AM ----------

Wow that's long heres the tl;dr version -

- Your monk is getting melee hit way too hard and probably is tanking wrong, tell him to look into it
    - Druid is only healing more because its piss easy to heal during lightning storm on a druid
    - Wipes on this boss are because your group is getting hit by lightning balls, not your fault
    - You probably CAN save some of them though, use holy avenger during the storm to heal easy (and a lot) while moving

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    - You probably CAN save some of them though, use holy avenger during the storm to heal easy (and a lot) while moving
    Especially in 10m I like Holy Avenger a lot. You can actually pull some rally insane numbers if used correctly.
    On jinrok I used HA+Wings for first Storm and then DF+Guardian for second and again HA+Wings for 3rd if you are getting a third one.
    Esepcially in 10m on that fight its really good to use the Beacon glyph and macro it to your flash of light. To optimal use HA you cast 2 HR prior the storm so every one is topped and you get 2 stacks of daybreak. Then pop HA+Wings+instant HS someone (you should use a mouseover macro for that), then EF someone, Flash+Beacon, EF, etc.
    If you get the haste procc you can just DL the beacon or HR someone(works well cause of daybreak).

You should also specc into Unbreakable Spirit. That way you will have Bubble ready after 2,5 min and can use it for first and third storm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Especially in 10m I like Holy Avenger a lot. You can actually pull some rally insane numbers if used correctly.
    On jinrok I used HA+Wings for first Storm and then DF+Guardian for second and again HA+Wings for 3rd if you are getting a third one.
    Esepcially in 10m on that fight its really good to use the Beacon glyph and macro it to your flash of light. To optimal use HA you cast 2 HR prior the storm so every one is topped and you get 2 stacks of daybreak. Then pop HA+Wings+instant HS someone (you should use a mouseover macro for that), then EF someone, Flash+Beacon, EF, etc.
    If you get the haste procc you can just DL the beacon or HR someone(works well cause of daybreak).

You should also specc into Unbreakable Spirit. That way you will have Bubble ready after 2,5 min and can use it for first and third storm.
    Let's just hope that with VP upgrade, they kill him with 3pools and 2storms. thus Purity is greater than any other talent in this tier for jin'rokh since a 10% for each ionization + storm is really great to reduce damage

Deleted
    Why would I want 10% for Ionization when I either could use Divine Protection (40%) for everyone or just Bubble 1st and 3rd?