The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woohoo! Look forward to the OP of the glorious Post Your Gaming Setup thread posting an update! It's been a long time. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Well - it's been a long while since I've had the chance to visit this thread, but I've just gone out and splashed a ton of cash on my next build with Haswell out now. Needless to say, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas with everything due to hit my doorstep tomorrow. Hoorah! So the build will be as follows;

PC
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-G1.Sniper 5
    CPU: Intel i7 Haswell 4770k 3.6Ghz
    GPU: EVGA 3GB GTX780
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz
    HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green
    SSD: 2x Sandisk Extreme 120GB 500/550 R/W
    Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i
    Case: NZXT Phantom 620

Peripherals
    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2012
    Mouse: SteelSeries Cataclysm/Razer Naga Epic

Needless to say, I can't wait to get the beast running

Deleted
    Any chance you can return the SSD's (assuming they're both new) and just get one larger capacity? Granted with 16GB and I7 I assume you're doing a lot of rendering/workload, still one large should be fine.

Deleted
    Alas, sadly not at this point - the parts are ordered and on the road according to my latest invoice update. The entire build is brand spanking new. but you are right to assume there will be plenty of work going on soon enough. Plenty of bits of content to come over on Gamebreaker.tv that I'll be having a first hand in, and other bits of content that will reach the recesses of the internet soon enough.

My reasoning for the 2 SSD's and Hard drive may baffle some, but in my OCD mind, makes things a lot simpler. HDD will primarily be for music, pictures and a lot of my programs in general.

SSD #1 shall be specifically for duel booting 2 OS's and a few games (StarCraft, WoW and a few others that I can throw on). SSD#2 Will have a large part in direct recording videos and pretty much nothing more at this point, I'm yet to make the decision - but the overlooming goal is start with the GTX 780 - wait until the 900 series and SLI 2 cards from there and move one of the SSD's into RAID 0 in the future.

I'm not sure if a Sandforce based drive is the best choice for recording video to, incompressible data is kind of their weak side.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Latest firmware updates seemed to have fixed the issues SanDisk had for quite some time So I'm not that worried.

His concerns about Sandforce based disks are still a real one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    Try taking a pic without flash on, or without the plastic shit in front of it lol
    Bah, I've already posted pictures of it before, it was just to show that it didn't have a GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I gave that computer to my wife. She's been asking for a new PC for quite a while so I thought I could give it to her and get myself a Haswell build.

Also yeah about the thermal paste part.. god that part scares me the most when it comes to building PCs, but I'll try my best to do it myself. Will see how things will go.
    I understand you man, I need to clean my paste and Im like... "nooooo I don't want tooo"

Quote Originally Posted by JuhTai View Post
    Latest firmware updates seemed to have fixed the issues SanDisk had for quite some time So I'm not that worried.
    Sandforce is the controller of many SSD, they are slow with uncompressed data if I recall correctly
    Last edited by Punisher; 2013-06-04 at 09:11 PM.
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

We're supposed to post pictures so here:

I finally got my hands on a second 780.
    Pulled out the 7970 (I had one not yet given away to compare OpenCL). pulled out a pair of hard disks because the shape of the nvidia cards is different and the cables from the cables out the back of the drive get in the way. Install the second card, add sli bridge and … nothing. Curse for a few hours trying to figure out WTF is wrong. Apparently Asus makes exactly z77 motherboard that supports crossfire but not sli - and somehow I've got one. So now I've got like ~$1100 worth of graphics cards sitting on my desk while I find a new motherboard/cpu.

You can laugh at my poor planning and lack of research.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2013-06-05 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    We're supposed to post pictures so here:

I finally got my hands on a second 780.
    Pulled out the 7970 (I had on left in there to compare OpenCL). pulled out a pair of hard disks because the shape of the 780 is different and the cables from the cables out the back of the drive get in the way. Install the second card, add sli bridge and … nothing. Curse for a few hours trying to figure out WTF is wrong. Apparently Asus makes exactly z77 motherboard that supports crossfire but not sli - and somehow I've got one. So now I've got like ~$1100 worth of graphics cards sitting on my desk while I find a new motherboard/cpu.

You can laugh at my poor planning and lack of research.
    Try this. It uses virtualization to emulate SLI certificates essentially and there's tons of people who have got it working. If it does work(which I'm 99.9% sure it will) then it will run exactly like normal SLI.

SLI functions based on an embedded certificate in your motherboards bios. All this ends up doing is using virtualization to emulate these certificates that the Nvidia drivers use to verify SLI support (basically it all depends on if the manufacturer opts to pay the licensing fee to Nvidia to certify a board and this works around that).
    Last edited by Saithes; 2013-06-05 at 08:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if SLI is not supported. Chances are your board is 16x4x anyway. Hardly the setup you want a 780SLi to run at.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    if SLI is not supported. Chances are your board is 16x4x anyway. Hardly the setup you want a 780SLi to run at.
    It is an asus p8z77v-l k or v, I don't recall which, but it's obviously the crap one.
    I didn't care about either when I got it: the purpose was to run automated tests on code for work more quickly (opencl).
    I started playing games more, discovered crossfire worked and never thought twice until the micro stutter drove me nuts: hence the nvidia cards.

Stuck in traffic on my way to the shop to fix it now. So the question is: which z89 board to go with?
    Asus z89-pro seems not horrible, there's a slight discount on a gigabyte z89x-udh5, and there may be one Maximus hero left in stock. I think there may be those tuf asus boards too but I'm not sold "thermal armour" nonsense and it seems wasteful to pay $50 for plastic spoilers.

Comments/advice, I've got like 20 minutes.

http://i.imgur.com/TA98Qh.jpg inside pic
    http://i.imgur.com/50k6TuG.jpg battlestation as a whole

dell u3011
    viewsonic 22" and 27"
    sony reciever
    jvc 6x9 and MIK tower speakers
    dynavoice subwoofer
    2700k @ 4.8GHz
    32gb dominator platinum 2133MHz (not in the original picture)
    2x asus dcii top gtx 680
    256gb ocz vertex 4 ssd
    4tb hdd
    gigabyte X68 mobo
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid View Post

dell u3011
    viewsonic 22" and 27"
    sony reciever
    dynavoice subwoofer
    2700k @ 4.8GHz
    2x asus dcii top gtx 680
    256gb ocz vertex 4 ssd
    4tb hdd
    gigabyte X68 mobo
    HOLY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Is that really yours? That thing is pooeidfhjeprihjgger BEAUTIFUL!!! O_O

Also, your motherboard is Z68*.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    It's his alright. Beautiful setup, although I never liked the DF cases myself.

Original gallery here:
    http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/1...-vattenkylning

10+ Year Old Account
    It's ok but I'm not a big fan of how everything is...white... I mean even the LEDs inside? That's really bland for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's ok but I'm not a big fan of how everything is...white... I mean even the LEDs inside? That's really bland for my taste.
    It's tasteful and stilrent!
    Red and blue are rather commonplace and, in my humble opinion, quite tacky most often.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid View Post

dell u3011
    viewsonic 22" and 27"
    sony reciever
    dynavoice subwoofer
    2700k @ 4.8GHz
    2x asus dcii top gtx 680
    256gb ocz vertex 4 ssd
    4tb hdd
    gigabyte X68 mobo
    What a sham that the case is really ugly. Atleast in my opinion. I would love to be able to get my plans going with my computer, just cash being a bit short as a student.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Fractal Design Define R4 is calling.

It would look good.

Or the NZXT Switch 810. Specifically the white and black one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146088
    "A flower.