Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

So this is were Blizzard wanted us in pve?

Becouse of the 5.3 pvp nerfs and adjusts, which were quite needed, we fell to the bottom in PVE, and festerblight nerf nailed our coffin.

Why blizzard hates plate users so bad that 4 of the worst raid specs at the moment are dw/2h frosts, arms warr and unholy.
    "Blaablaa singletarget can be little low cuz u can cleave hard"-stuff is bullshiet since nearly every other class cleaves harder than any dk specs.

I'm just confused about the way blizz is taking dks and all melees against casters. Whilst I'm having hard time pulling bit over 300k with BL, with raid finder trinkets, our mages/rogues/wlocks are pulling nearly 600k, DOUBLING my damage even we has quite infernal cd for pulls (army) + others.
    And, even their ongoing damage is 50-100k higher.

Please gief love or explain me why.

Okay what Festerblight nerf are you talking about? When we can't benefit from Tricks is all I believe we got hit with, big whoop some raids don't even have rogue's.

I burst to around 500k at start of pulls (on something like Duru where its single target), and then average at a good 200k steady dps (taken from my guilds run of Duru last night you can look here). (That's actually a good comparison too because no caster is above me)

Frost yes, is a bit behind Unholy or Fester, but Unholy/fester are both going strong. A well played/managed Fester dk can do some sick dps on the right fight

Unholy was very strong at the start of the expansion, now that everyone has gear and we were nerfed... not so much. The fact that you're ahead of casters on your Normal Mode Durumu kill doesn't really say much.

We are, if you go by classes rather than specs, 9th, 9th, 5th, tortos doesn't count, 11th, 10th, 4th (durumu is one of our only 2 good fights), 11th, 7th, 7th, 4th (twins also benefits greatly from festerblight), 9th, 7th on 25H fights.

You can play around with or complain about the right settings on raidbots or meter padding or whatever you want, but we're solidly bottom half at best, and the worst class in at least a couple fights this tier - and Frost is worse off.

We were barely nerfed, so again I ask where you see this huge nerf that brought us so low.

We are competative dps, we don't need to be top end top of the line to be good. We do good, strong single as Unholy/Fester, with Frost offering strong bursty/aoe damage. Dk's have their purpose and are in a really good spot right now.

Really if you are just guna look at a site and see the rankings then try to compare it to your lfr gear well there is your problem you won't do jack shit with gear that isn't good. I feel you are just complaining for the sake of complaining, I really love where DK's are and we have a nice, competative position in raids (all be it a lack of raid CD's) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

I'm playing 2h frost, the supposed gimped terribad spec - and I'm keeping up plenty well with our Fire Mage and Demonology/Affliction Warlock in our heroic progression, as delayed as it is.

Noxxic's retarded DPS list putting us at the bottom means diddly. I feel powerful, and I more then earn my raid spot. Hard work means more then simcraft numbers.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Unholy did have the 5% str nerf as well.
    Unholy and dks are probably the 2nd best melee after rogues. Not really sure since 5.3 though

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Unholy did have the 5% str nerf as well.
    Unholy and dks are probably the 2nd best melee after rogues. Not really sure since 5.3 though
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Noxxic's retarded DPS list putting us at the bottom means diddly. I feel powerful, and I more then earn my raid spot. Hard work means more then simcraft numbers.
    Ah yes I remember that now, even then it wasn't a HUGE nerf like the OP is making it sound.

I agree, I do feel powerful, we are in a good spot and I like that while I know I can put out the numbers to earn my spot with ease, I can also put out numbers to further my dps in general.

Dude... each spec is better than each other and it's a loop never ending,right? because This is what you are asking. Not because you're not #1 that your spec is the shittiest shit ever shat. Put your own weight and defy the supposedly accurate as hell simcraft/mrrobot and noxxic's dps charts. Congrats you're 9th-10th on most fights while some are way lower. Someone's gotta be at the bottom and someone's gonna be at the top. Get over yourself.

Offtopic, but @ Maxweii, I dont see many Unholys reforging into Mastery, do you notice much difference over haste? If you get the msg thnxs for response XD

Alil on topic, I dont see much of a nerf from Festerblights pre 5.3. Just how its played.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing dw frost (one of the specs you called the worst) and I'm competitive with locks, mages, hunters, etc as well as my guild's festerblight dk (who is also competitive with the aforementioned classes). Dks are not in a bad place by any means and your post is nothing more than a "QQ What is love? Baby don't nerf more no more." post and should be treated as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsarathedk View Post
    I'm playing dw frost (one of the specs you called the worst) and I'm competitive with locks, mages, hunters, etc as well as my guild's festerblight dk (who is also competitive with the aforementioned classes). Dks are not in a bad place by any means and your post is nothing more than a "QQ What is love? Baby don't nerf more no more." post and should be treated as such.
    Your one example isn't really indicative of anything. The people you're playing with could be extremely bad and you extremely good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcroft View Post
    Offtopic, but @ Maxweii, I dont see many Unholys reforging into Mastery, do you notice much difference over haste? If you get the msg thnxs for response XD
    if you play festerblight, generally you want mastery and crit over haste

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is "Festerblight" ? I actually been googling it without any good results to that question

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is "Festerblight" ? I actually been googling it without any good results to that question
    there's a sticky about it right on the top of the dk forums...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your one example isn't really indicative of anything. The people you're playing with could be extremely bad and you extremely good.

if you play festerblight, generally you want mastery and crit over haste
    Fuzz from BL was dw for all of their progression and he managed just fine so there's yet another example to show that dw is not 'one of the worst specs'. As to my guild, we all rank on wol so there goes the 'extremely bad' argument. What is comes down to is this: Player>Spec as the damage margins are not nearly as vast as people claim they are unless you take into account scumbag meter padding. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Taoforums View Post
    Dude... each spec is better than each other and it's a loop never ending,right? because This is what you are asking. Not because you're not #1 that your spec is the shittiest shit ever shat. Put your own weight and defy the supposedly accurate as hell simcraft/mrrobot and noxxic's dps charts. Congrats you're 9th-10th on most fights while some are way lower. Someone's gotta be at the bottom and someone's gonna be at the top. Get over yourself.
    Um... no, that's impossible. If we are the 9th or 10th class that means only 1 or 2 classes is below us on those fights. We are at the bottom of the barrel right now, and your anecdotes do not provide any evidence to the contrary. I didn't even link sims, referenced actual dps from real fights. We are one of the worst dps classes right now (when it comes to actual dps, the fact that you practically need 2 dks for H Lei Shen or other considerations is another matter).

Fuzz from BL was dw for all of their progression and he managed just fine so there's yet another example to show that dw is not 'one of the worst specs'. As to my guild, we all rank on wol so there goes the 'extremely bad' argument. What is comes down to is this: Player>Spec as the damage margins are not nearly as vast as people claim they are unless you take into account scumbag meter padding. Cheers
    ranking doesn't really mean anything either.
    Arms warriors can do like 100k and rank, where warlocks need to push a hell of a lot more than that. I don't disagree with you in that frost isn't that bad. But most of the other ranged specs are decently higher.

and I know i'm being a bit difficult, but you can't use your own individual results and raid as a measure for the class as a whole.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-06-14 at 02:24 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    ranking doesn't really mean anything either.
    Arms warriors can do like 100k and rank, where warlocks need to push a hell of a lot more than that. I don't disagree with you in that frost isn't that bad. But most of the other ranged specs are decently higher.

and I know i'm being a bit difficult, but you can't use your own individual results and raid as a measure for the class as a whole.
    Nah you're not being difficult man, I just want to prevent this thread from turning into another "Frost is bad" thread so I'm offering personal insight from the perspective of a raiding dw frost dk.

This isn't about frost being bad. It's about DKs as a whole being very near the bottom of dps potential compared to other classes (and our prospects for 5.4 are worse given our constraints with haste).

Nah you're not being difficult man, I just want to prevent this thread from turning into another "Frost is bad" thread so I'm offering personal insight from the perspective of a raiding dw frost dk.
    Same from the 2-handed camp. Chances are the people who are bitching about their potential aren't in a guild where it's ever going to matter to that extent.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    This isn't about frost being bad. It's about DKs as a whole being very near the bottom of dps potential compared to other classes (and our prospects for 5.4 are worse given our constraints with haste).
    I was referencing a current thread that clearly states that frost is bad etc. As for your claim that dks as a whole being near the bottom of dps potential, I disagree as we are not. Could we use some love to make things easier on us i.e. so we don't have to work so hard to climb to the top? Absolutely! But let's face it, it's not going to happen as we had our day in the sun back in wrath and now we have to make due with what we are given (and even then we're not in that bad of a place) and shuffle on.