Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    A lot of people seem real butthurt about losing their interrupt. Maybe you should spend time gearing up a new toon instead of complaining on forums that Blizzard doesn't read.
    I assume you just ignored all of the posts explaining for you how losing the only non-pet interrupt will affect a lot more than just raids, and even how it will affect raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I assume you just ignored all of the posts explaining for you how losing the only non-pet interrupt will affect a lot more than just raids, and even how it will affect raids.
    I ignored it because it doesn't effect me. That's why I'm not all butthurt complaining on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    losing utility, oh well! no wonder it took you guys until may 22nd to kill heroic horridon because you werent being helpful
    ain't that the truth lol

Deleted
    I ignored it because it doesn't effect me. That's why I'm not all butthurt complaining on forums.
    Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't me it won't hurt the class as a whole.

Deleted
    You raid 25 man, nothing affects you. In 25 man you can just sit and do nothing while everyone else carries you.

Infracted - Please do not derail the topic by starting the 10 vs 25 man debate.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-06-16 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cashzilla View Post
    let's not forget to keep in mind that this is all still very early PTR, and some things are bound to change! but...

I can't help but feel we're just increasingly becoming more and more useless to a raid comp. Not only were we lacking before (currently i suppose), but now we're losing our interrupt.

do you think this could be their first few steps in making MM a more attractive spec for raiding?

it would be nice to have all 3 be viable options, actually putting the decision into our hands as to what spec is appropriate for the fight we're facing, rather than only seeing BM hunters running around.

how do you guys feel about it?
    Imo..

Jolting Shot- interupts the target for 2 seconds, 25 second cooldown (hunters will still have an interupt, although its subpar. Still helps them in PvP and PvE)

MM gets Silencing Shot, which is what we got now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    I have a bad attitude towards people who think they should be able to do everything and complain about constantly wanting more.

Sure a ranged interrupt can sometimes be useful but in an ideal situation they shouldn't be relied on. How often do you honestly see Mages, Spriests, Boomkins and Hunters in an interrupt rotation for serious progression? Your casual 10man that can't clear normal mode doesn't count here. If you don't have enough people to interrupt then either the fight is poorly tuned and will soon be changed or you need to re-think your guild's roster if you hope to go anywhere.

Simply put, having an interrupt didn't make Hunters so losing it won't break Hunters.
    On Horridon me and a boomkin are on interrupt on dinomancers since melee are allready busy on priests/fire casters on half the doors. We raid HC with 10different classes in the roster. In 10m you can't stand in the back and just dps look a braindead junkie, you have to take responsibilities and use every single thing from your spelbook.
    There's also a gazillion solo encounters hunters need an interrupt. Even on trash or while solo farming it's used constantly to force a caster mob to come into melee range so that you can aoe faster.

If you don't know what you're talking about and you don't have the empathy to think how 99% of the wow population plays the game, try not to 'contribute' to the thread.

We lose interrupt. We lose damage reduction. Unless they majorly imporve dps, there will be less reason than ever before to take a hunter to your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    On Horridon me and a boomkin are on interrupt on dinomancers since melee are allready busy on priests/fire casters on half the doors. We raid HC with 10different classes in the roster. In 10m you can't stand in the back and just dps look a braindead junkie, you have to take responsibilities and use every single thing from your spelbook.
    There's also a gazillion solo encounters hunters need an interrupt. Even on trash or while solo farming it's used constantly to force a caster mob to come into melee range so that you can aoe faster.

If you don't know what you're talking about and you don't have the empathy to think how 99% of the wow population plays the game, try not to 'contribute' to the thread.

We lose interrupt. We lose damage reduction. Unless they majorly imporve dps, there will be less reason than ever before to take a hunter to your raid.
    hunters don't need that utility, it wasn't even amazing anyways, I mean a 24 second interrupt? was shit.

and raids still will want hunters, because of their unique niche that most classes don't have, and that's their mobility as a ranged. enough said for that.

If they take that away from us then sure we are pretty damn useless to a raid, but I highly doubt they will.

ALSO, it's early in the ptr, don't whine about all this now a lot of shit changes, I'm sure a lot of you heard that, but seem to forget it easily.
    Last edited by hareu; 2013-06-17 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    ALSO, it's early in the ptr, don't whine about all this now a lot of shit changes, I'm sure a lot of you heard that, but seem to forget it easily.
    Better to whine now and get it sorted than stay quiet and it goes unnoticed.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Better to whine now and get it sorted than stay quiet and it goes unnoticed.
    A Brief History of WoW

[Class X] reads PTR notes: "Don't nerf me, bro!"
    [Class Y] reads whine post: "Calm down, it's just PTR. It can still change."
    Patch Day: Nerf goes live exactly as originally announced.
    Class X is sat for the next tier of raid progression.
    [Class Y] reads next PTR notes: "Don't nerf me, bro!"

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you wouldn't care if hunters lost Deterrence or Disengage? It's just utility.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    So you wouldn't care if hunters lost Deterrence or Disengage? It's just utility.
    Or Trap Launcher. After all, we didn't have it before Cataclysm (and it was clunky before MoP). If we got through Vanilla and two expansions without it, Trap Launcher "didn't make Hunters so losing it won't break Hunters."

TO be honest I hope they will revert nerf on blink strikes. If not I guess our future is worse than our past and I mean PET PATHING ISSUE.

When I read how happy blizz is about the hotfix adjustment to BS I just know that none of them is actively playing a hunter. This fix makes the pets do dumb things which may lead to even more problems in new raids. Right now the pet will teleport to a target without checking if it will make it go out of the "moving zone" (like mid air or other non accessible zone). This leads to bugs like Megaera or ghosts on the bridge. You have to wait for 20sec for your pet to be able to teleport again or it can stay stucked in some weird spot.

BS brought best solution to pet pathing but the recent hotfix made it worse than it was before. They need to remove teleport CD in pve or make some sort of block to where your pet will teleport. It shouldnt be possible to get into place where your pet can't move (best example are again ghosts on horridon where your pet will stay midair and not move for 20sec cause its in air). Solutions like dont take a talent cause it bugs is just .... terrible?

I just cant wait to see some 5.4 bosses which will either teleport mid air or move to some other spots where your pet will get stuck to actually get blizz attention to this stupid problem.

The reason why people played SV then for short term BM (BS implementation) and again SV (BS nerf) is the fact that the pet issues are serious.

I don't understand why they can't just remove the blanket silence from it and turn it into an actual interrupt, that seems to be the real problem. If they did that and made the talent add the blanket silence, it would be far less mandatory, or they could just give the blanket version to MM only.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    I don't understand why they can't just remove the blanket silence from it and turn it into an actual interrupt, that seems to be the real problem. If they did that and made the talent add the blanket silence, it would be far less mandatory, or they could just give the blanket version to MM only.
    That's the suggestion I posted on the official forums and tweeted to GC in a nutshell. I'm also all for proliferating proper interrupts to shadowpriests and boomkins and a non-pet-reliant one to warlocks (though theirs happens to be on their preferred dps pet and has the standard cooldown -- unlike the 30-60s CDs for our pet options).

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Try reading what I said again instead of talking shit to try attack me. I never mentioned that losing utility was alright and I never mentioned Deterrence or Disengage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand why hunters have to be the only DPS class in the game that doesn't have a baseline silence/interrupt. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but every pure dps and hybrid that has a dps spec has some kind of interrupt some have two. So again, why do hunters need to get the short end of the stick every time? I really think they either A. don't know what the hell they are doing when they design/make changes to the hunter class. Or B. they purposely design the class to always feel clunky and backwards in order to please the "OMG HUNTERS ARE OP" crowd, and since the hunter community is usually too complacent nothing gets changed.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Try reading what I said again instead of talking shit to try attack me. I never mentioned that losing utility was alright and I never mentioned Deterrence or Disengage.
    both deterance and disenage are just utility just as much as silencing is

The future of hunter PvE will continue to be the same rollercoaster it's always been. I'll just keep riding it.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    both deterance and disenage are just utility just as much as silencing is
    You're actually blind.

I never mentioned that losing utility was alright and I never mentioned Deterrence or Disengage.