Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    mhmm yummy, 12 secs. Now we're really talking.

No way this goes through, especially not as a 2pc unless they disable it in PvP. That 2pc is easily worth a handful of PvP power and "25% focus regen" from the 4pc in PvP. You'd be giving up ~5% dmg from PvP power. It's even worse if you are PvPing as MM. 25% focus regen vs huge uptime on Rapid Recuperation?
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-06-20 at 01:03 AM.

Deleted
    12 seconds is too high, it wont go live. I expect something like 4-5 seconds

12 seconds sounds like a real set bonus now, and I'm very glad they added pet damage to BM. This alongside the arcane change makes ToTH useful outside aoe situations. But I still wonder if changing the BW rotation is going to be favorable shifting KC to 3-4th and 9-10th second of bestial wrath seeing as it would have the higher damage bonus.

To be honest, now I'm slightly happy. I just wish they wouldn't revolve the set bonuses around rapid fire. I really, really don't like rapid fire as a CD at all. Also I am kind of hoping MM to be the top spec next tier. I miss it from t11/t12.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2013-06-20 at 03:14 AM.

If it's 12 seconds wouldn't that push hunters to close to a 1 button rotation, spamming arcane shot? Especially with rpmm etc.

I find it funny how Blizzard makes a set bonus, everyone yells at them for the bonus being really weak, Blizzard change it to something more reasonable, and people then say that it's too powerful. This will lead to Blizzard nerfing it down to being insignificant a week or so before the patch goes live, followed by increasing the AP of AotH in a hotfix a month into the new patch.

2 set looks really good. Surprised no one said anything about the 4 piece really. I understand why because of the huge change But i think the 4Piece BM is pretty lack luster.... Considering when i tested it out i think i got 1 maybe 2 globals off.

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    2 set looks really good. Surprised no one said anything about the 4 piece really. I understand why because of the huge change But i think the 4Piece BM is pretty lack luster.... Considering when i tested it out i think i got 1 maybe 2 globals off.
    Bahahaha what?! You need to learn to manage focus more then if you only got 2 globals off in the 10 seconds given; The 4 piece is the most amazing bonus for BM. At the beginning of the pulls, i wont be surprised if we have the most burst. By the time you use your second BW, you are already at almost 10 stacks of the dmg boost if you time it all correctly, and you get the cap of 15 stacks with about 6-7 seconds left on 2nd BW. I am assuming they will give bonus dmg to the pet as well and any % would be a huge gain for our dmg. If you dont get at least 7 stacks with 1 BW, then im glad they made this set bonus because it'll help players learn to poll their focus before the next BW.

Edit: After a few test without optimized gear or constant mastery buff, sunders, Flask: I was able to reach 400k burst peak and sustained 210k on a boss dummy. Nothing to be taken seriously over, just a rough simulation pre buff. If nothing gets nerfed i am confindent in saying hunters will be one of the top burst dps with this bonus at least as BM.
    Last edited by Walajanilu; 2013-06-20 at 04:29 AM.

Deleted
    Even with higher uptime on RF, it will not bring marks above the other two specs, because marks is lower and inferior damage.

And with good gear you currently can hit 1.5 sec casts anyway. Unless they don't buff damage there's no chance it'll jump ahead.

My prediction for next tier is that SV will win with little margin over BM and MM being vastly behind.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 04:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I spec into Thrill of the Hunt. I have free Arcane Shots 70% of the times, which means I'm at low focus only when having troubles focusing on my rotation. Otherwise, I'm spamming Arcane Shot a LOT.

I'm most likely going to have Rapid Fire all the time now, which means I can reforge into crit/mastery now and not worry about haste at all. =D Yay 200k Claws and Kill Commands. =P
    Crit haste still going to be better than crit mastery.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 04:25 AM ----------
    Crit haste still going to be better than crit mastery.
    Why? Is it because of proc trinkets and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    Bahahaha what?! You need to learn to manage focus more then if you only got 2 globals off in the 10 seconds given; The 4 piece is the most amazing bonus for BM. At the beginning of the pulls, i wont be surprised if we have the most burst. By the time you use your second BW, you are already at almost 10 stacks of the dmg boost if you time it all correctly, and you get the cap of 15 stacks with about 6-7 seconds left on 2nd BW. I am assuming they will give bonus dmg to the pet as well and any % would be a huge gain for our dmg. If you dont get at least 7 stacks with 1 BW, then im glad they made this set bonus because it'll help players learn to poll their focus before the next BW.

Edit: After a few test without optimized gear or constant mastery buff, sunders, Flask: I was able to reach 400k burst peak and sustained 210k on a boss dummy. Nothing to be taken seriously over, just a rough simulation pre buff. If nothing gets nerfed i am confindent in saying hunters will be one of the top burst dps with this bonus at least as BM.
    I was mainly talking about after the first 2. Seemed like it didn't stick around much outside of the First 2 BW on Pull. I only tested it once or twice because i was still downloading and my FPS was a bit low. Need to get back on tonite or tomorrow and test again.

Keep in mind everyone, we will be casting less AS/min and more CS/min in 5.4 due to Arcane Shot changes to 30 Focus. Unless someone can prove that spending the 3 TotH charges right when you get them is better than maybe getting a proc overlap compared to standard prio of KS > ES > BA > GT, I don't see TotH being all that strong.

Fervor still has the advantage since it gives regen for your pet as well, which is crucial for a Blink Strike build. Also many people(like myself) prefer Focus gain over free shots as it gives more control to the player and separates good and bad hunters.

Deleted
    Gear towards mastery, get lots of haste through abilities and talents?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The revised 4pc bonus appears to make T16 viable for Beast Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    I find it funny how Blizzard makes a set bonus, everyone yells at them for the bonus being really weak, Blizzard change it to something more reasonable, and people then say that it's too powerful. This will lead to Blizzard nerfing it down to being insignificant a week or so before the patch goes live, followed by increasing the AP of AotH in a hotfix a month into the new patch.
    Hey - Hunter Community 101.

Deleted
    So is this Blizz admitting they only just realized how poor Rapid Fire is ?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    Multiplying something by 6 is rather drastic. With that said, I'm not sure if 30-40% uptime on RF is overpowered as a set bonus, with how weak RF is for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Multiplying something by 6 is rather drastic. With that said, I'm not sure if 30-40% uptime on RF is overpowered as a set bonus, with how weak RF is for us.
    30-40%? You are mixing your numbers up, it should be much higher than that. As BM all you do is spam AS and CS to gain focus. For example, if you get off at least 14 arcane shots during rapid fire (with fervor/toth), you will have rapid fire off of CD by the time your first rapid fire is over. 14 *12 = 168, 168 + 15 = 183. I'm not sure exactly how it's going to mess with our rotation, but that should give you a feel for it. (I'm not saying that's how it's always going to work, but it will be off CD a lot.)
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-06-20 at 08:54 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    30-40%? You are mixing your numbers up, it should be much higher than that. As BM all you do is spam AS and CS to gain focus. For example, if you get off at least 14 arcane shots during rapid fire (with fervor/toth), you will have rapid fire off of CD by the time your first rapid fire is over. 14 *12 = 168, 168 + 15 = 183. I'm not sure exactly how it's going to mess with our rotation, but that should give you a feel for it. (I'm not saying that's how it's always going to work, but it will be off CD a lot.)
    30-40% was my estimate assuming our rotation doesn't change. It didn't take into account that AS might be more attractive to use, but it also didn't take into account that it'll cost 50% more focus. I very much doubt we'll end up in a situation where spamming AS and CS is all we do. Blizzard tends to be pretty fast on fixing weird things like that.