Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    If it would require only one person i would, but you need 9 or 24 other people with knowledge to.
    Then how do you know it's easy if you've never done it?

Community ignores problem, which is the problem.

The game has less and less RPG elements to it every patch, and over 8 years, that's added up. Every little stupid thing you used to have to do to achieve something had a purpose.

It's not a matter of easier/harder.

If it would require only one person i would, but you need 9 or 24 other people with knowledge to.
    You want a challenge for single player then... the sell PS3, 360s and WIIs at every game store... go get one and you will be much better off.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    I have been saying this for some time. "OMG this game is to easy"... always said by people that use addons for everything, read guides before doing any bosses, learn their rotations from everyone else, their stat priorities come from a guide as well. Then they top it all off with voice chat. You want a challenge? turn all that crap off and lets see how you do.

You can't complain that a game is to easy while doing everything in your power to make it easy.

I could say more, but why...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    A need for class trainers is gone, because now one is magically gifted by a powerful God of some sort with new abilities. There's no more joy of eagerly awaiting that spell you see in the list several levels ahead. The mobs are pathetic, and the classes are overpowered in PvE. A low level character could easily take on 5 or 6 mobs before seeing any sign of difficulty in fighting them. What ever happened to having to be careful, actually working to complete a quest or dungeon? You simply AOE them down now.
    You dont play the game anymore do you? Level a char to 90 and start IoT and Barrens Questline in ilevel 423 gear :-P

Dungeons. Why must they show us where each and ever boss is? Heck, even the introduction to instance maps annoyed me a bit. Part of the fun of dungeons was running it a few times before coming across a boss you hadn't seen before, because it's off to the side and new players wouldn't normally know of it.
    Just because YOU liked BRD doesnt mean others did (I still hate that place!)

Raids. The LFR is a great example of this, instant gratification with absolutely no commitment required. No preparation required, no need to know what the bosses do, no nothing. Just go in, spam 3-4 buttons and you're done.
    It astonishes me everytime that people still claim that or otherwise tell me how the bosses die when all 25 people are afk?

Blizzard is trying to make the game appeal to a younger audience to get the new generation interested in the game. And that's a completely fair goal. However, doing it how they are isn't the right way to go about it. They're making this game boring and disappointing to those of a mediocre intelligence level, and underestimating those of the new generation. They're more intelligent than many will give them credit for, and they do not need this level of simplification of it.
    Sorry but you seem to fail to understand that just because YOU dont like something others have to dislike it too...

I want a challenge, I want to have to think, I want that excitement back. Because soon i'll feel like i'm playing Farmville, with dragons.
    Please link your archivement for having done every boss on HC and every challange mode on gold here:

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Let's be serious and make it one that there's actually a chance he did kill. Lei Shen Normal.
    essentially wow is two different and separate games, the casual game and the hardcore. the problem is not a dumbing down of the game, its simply that the base level of gameplay gets simpler while the higher end content gets more complex. the way that difficulty is implemented in the game is such that content is either mind-numbingly easy or way too hard to even attempt (due to finding and navigating a hardcore guild environment). essentially people want even harder 1 man content, or harder content that can be queued for.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    You aren't making sense. These fights are easy. Grab your guild group and go kill them.
    And how much time does it take to kill HC bosses in a new tier for a casual guild? shit ton off time that i dont have.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Then how do you know it's easy if you've never done it?
    What more do you need then knowledge of you class and bosses? time.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    It wasn't.

Next thread created by someone that quit five years go? Roll up!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    It astonishes me everytime that people still claim that or otherwise tell me how the bosses die when all 25 people are afk?
    Yeah, we literally mean the bosses die on their own. LITERALLY.

Deleted
    Raids. The LFR is a great example of this, instant gratification with absolutely no commitment required. No preparation required, no need to know what the bosses do, no nothing. Just go in, spam 3-4 buttons and you're done.
    3-4 buttons?
    I remember the good ol' days in TBC when I played BM hunter and I played through Karazhan to Sunwell with 2 buttoms. Steady shot macro:ed to the scroll wheel and one button to blow cooldowns. On some boss fights, I could sit trough a whole boss fight with a sandwitch in my left hand and my right hand on my mouse. And I was still at the top of the DPS charts.

Yeah, kids these days. They don't know how hard it was back in the day

Yeah i remember when WoW was really challenging when the hardest part about killing a boss was getting 40 people online the fallowing the very advance starts of MC and BWL. Yeah it got a bit more advance in AQ 40 and Naxx but look at boss strats for now compared to 99% of those back then. Yes stuff is more accessible now to see content and the game is far more forgiving to new players and re-rollers but my god after all this time it would have to be. You couldn't really think it would be a good game model to make people having to deal with what people had to during the old days of leveling with a game this old with this many levels do you? It would make many new people just stop playing and people who get burnt out with their current class feel like "Ugh no way am i gonna spend that much time to level again" thus losing more people.

I bet if WoW were to magically roll back to the way alot of these threads wished then for a month or so you would get some people coming back but after that the game would bleed out far faster then anything we have seen so far. I could really see within a year WoW's sub base being down to 4 to 3 mill and falling. Blizzard at that point wouldn't spend as much effort or time on the game so content would be fewer and far between as they put for time into other projects so all the bitching about content last too long now wait till you really do have to deal with a raid for over a year lol.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And how much time does it take to kill HC bosses in a new tier for a casual guild? shit ton off time that i dont have.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 03:57 PM ----------

What more do you need then knowledge of you class and bosses? time.
    What more do you need to become a doctor?

What more do you need to become a astronaut?

What more do you need to become a surgeon?

So those all must be easy jobs too right?

Also if it is easy why does it take so long?

Deleted
    The simpler the game gets the more it becomes clean in terms of structure, balance and adaptability. All items have the same primary stats and the same amount of statpoints - now statweights are no more nice to have but mathematically easy to optimize. Talents have become less "important" for the class spec - result is it is far more easy to grasp the range of what a class is possible to do in numbers and to balance them. And so on.

There is now only "one" viable way to go and it's easy to optimize it for the players, resulting in monotone gear/gameplay BUT also in the possibility to differ players by their skill alone. Since gear isn't really "random" any more and even beyond hit/exp cap it's kinda easy to optimize it even for casuals all what makes the difference is skill. Encounters in raids, challenge modes etc. are tuned with that in mind. It's far more easy to tune everything as it is compared to the numberchaos before cataclysm/wotlk.

It's better for "esport" that way but worse for the classical "RPG" aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you really need to be smart to visit a class trainer? No, you just needed extra time. Did you really need to be smart to use the old talent trees? Not really, just smart enough to know that you can look up the right talent choices online.

The point I'm trying to make is that by saying the game has been "dumbed down", you're implying that it was smarter in the past. The game did lack several conveniences in the past, but it really didn't require you to be smarter at all, it just required more time and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaired Lowlife View Post
    3-4 buttons?
    I remember the good ol' days in TBC when I played BM hunter and I played through Karazhan to Sunwell with 2 buttoms. Steady shot macro:ed to the scroll wheel and one button to blow cooldowns. On some boss fights, I could sit trough a whole boss fight with a sandwitch in my left hand and my right hand on my mouse. And I was still at the top of the DPS charts.

Yeah, kids these days. They don't know how hard it was back in the day
    Spin to win! My hunter did the same -_-

But back to the point, most players probably don't know they're doing extremely suboptimal DPs, but there's nothing or no one telling them otherwise. The bosses die, so the DPS in the raid must be doing their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is is that by saying the game has been "dumbed down", you're implying that it was smarter in the past. The game did lack several conveniences in the past, but it really didn't require you to be smarter at all, it just required more time and patience.
    The point is all this stuff adds up. All these inconveniences just added flavor to the things you did. Everything now is just instantly done for you, there's no personal investment in the most basic of actions.

What more do you need to become a doctor?

What more do you need to become a astronaut?

What more do you need to become a surgeon?

So those all must be easy jobs too right?
    Nice comparison , comparing astronaut to wow cmon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Spin to win! My hunter did the same -_-

But back to the point, most players probably don't know they're doing extremely suboptimal DPs, but there's nothing or no one telling them otherwise. The bosses die, so the DPS in the raid must be doing their jobs.
    Now a days everything tells players exactly what their place is in the game. No longer do you have the illusion that you are actually good maybe even great at the game. You are basically rank X amount group Y and that's your position. If you move up or down it doesn't matter you are still just a number. One in millions.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice comparison , comparing astronaut to wow cmon.

All you need is the knowledge. Whats the difference?

I strongly suggest to put away heirlooms, and then pull 5-6 mobs. And/or you want some challenge, do ironman in wow? Let's see how dumbed down the game is in grey items.

Also try to do bosses when they are current content, or, better: be part of progression.

All you need is the knowledge. Whats the difference?
    Are you serious? and what about all the psychology and fysical test's you need to complete to be a astronaut, try harder.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-06-24 at 04:16 PM.