Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Why do they?

If you are a terrible player who has no chance to ever get into a raiding guild or pug normal modes, why do you expect to see raid content? Thats the reason LFR was implemented but WHY do terribads demand content just for them? LFR was made to see content, but why did Blizzard do so?

I just don't understand how hard can it be to read up on your class for 1 hour, ask a better player for tips and then improve yourself to get into raiding...

I think WoW is going down the toilet if something isn't done soon to stop catering to the majority. Dont get me wrong, im fine with catering to casuals, but not like this. Not this way with giving welfare "special" content just for them rather than incentive to improve your gaming skills.

I've been there, clueless. I learned, asked better players. I've been high rated in PvP and raided top PvE content but we ALL started on the bottom some time. Why cant those who run LFR do the same?
    It is because of eliteist no life having basement dwelling morons like you that i quit raiding and have nothing to do with guilds i would rather take my chances with LFR. I feel sorry that your life sucks so bad that the only thing that matters is what you do in a game.But here is a question for you what the fuck does it matter what others do or get or how they get it?????Does it affect your gameplay?? or is it you can no longer feel superior in a game to make up for your failed life?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-07-04 at 12:22 PM.
    You try and you fail,but the only true failure is when you quit trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    If you buy a $50 book and understand less than half of the vocabulary what do you do? Purchase the junior edition?
    Spot on, haha!

I think the simple fix is to have different raids for different levels. Loved Sunwell. Only got to see first 3 bosses, but man it was great knowing that even getting that (on my server at least) was a huge achievement. Now the content for crappy players decent players and great players is the same. I don't hate LFR, I think it has a place. I just think that the fact ALL content is made at all 3 levels takes away a lot of incentive to be better. I think if there was content that was not available through LFR you would see more people trying to improve and get into normal raids again.

I am a casual player, I only do LFR. The main reason for that? There is hardly any guilds (on my server anyway), that are semi casual. It is either the people raiding 4-6 nights a week with attendance requirements, or the guilds that are so bad they can't even kill first boss on normal without hours of wiping. The casual guilds seem to have all just decided LFR is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    Ahead of the curve/Cutting edge just isn't enough. People will bitch about every aspect of this game because why enjoy something when you could complain about it instead?
    Right why spend a few minutes looking up a class guide when you can instead spend hours on the forums complaining about having to learn how to play their class to do anything challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Casuals have raided and seen content so stop this casuals cant see content BS. They have been doing it for years. Stop being butthurt because some casuals are more efficient with their time than you and are on realms that have a strong casual community of raiders.
    Don't assume you know me nek because you don't. I'm a casual player who raids but the difference between you and me is that I don't draw my personal worth from a video game and I don't care if people see the content in LFR or Heroic raids because what they do has nothing to do with my guilds progress.

Im not an elitist, im a realist.

And you totally missed the point. I feel "entitled" to say that people should LEARN and not get FREE WELFARE SPECIAL content thrown at their face for zero effort or commitment.

I have a problem with people not wanting to have something as an unreachable goal and strive to get to that goal. You casuals take everything I say and spit it out out of context.
    Realise this^^ It takes some effort to get alts into :LFR. Ilvl 460 for 9 x 90 is plenty of effort. Maybe not the effort you put into getting so angry about other players. One could have uncharitable thoughts about that, like maybe somebodies little brother got a better/more expensive birthday present, but my effort/commitment is quite high with 7 different classes played rather than being safe and sticking to one class.

You aren't asking the right question. Maybe I'm wrong, but from Wrath (when I started visiting the forums) until 4.3 (when LFR came), I don't remember the forums being flooded with people wanting to see the harder content. If they were complaining about not getting into raids, it was because people forming PuGs had unrealistic expectations of people's gearscore.

The answer is that Blizzard wants more of the playerbase to see the content. They put a ton of effort into the designing of models, fights, and art assets, etc. that go into raids, and they want people to be able to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started from the bottom now my whole team here!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Knew who the OP was before I event clicked the link. Can't believe he still is able to pull so many into it.
    Aye mate

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamatayan View Post
    It is because of eliteist no life having basement dwelling morons
    of course, the only reason people are better than you must be because they are weird/broken in some way
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    Yeah, pretty much this.
    Or to paraphrase,

Why do highly-skilled players think that there should be content that 98% of the players, who pay to develop all the content, shouldn't see?

How about this. Charge an additional $250/mo for access to current tier heroic instances. Then the elite really will be paying their way, or at least more than 2% of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Right why spend a few minutes looking up a class guide when you can instead spend hours on the forums complaining about having to learn how to play their class to do anything challenging.
    I guess you didn't understand my point. Not everyone has time to spend doing normal mode raiding and definitely not heroic raiding. LFR has it's place in the world. Normal mode raiders get Ahead of the curve and heroic raiders get Cutting edge. Whats the big deal?
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Im not an elitist, im a realist.

And you totally missed the point. I feel "entitled" to say that people should LEARN and not get FREE WELFARE SPECIAL content thrown at their face for zero effort or commitment.

I have a problem with people not wanting to have something as an unreachable goal and strive to get to that goal. You casuals take everything I say and spit it out out of context.
    If you were a realist you would realize that without LFR you would get less raid content less often. Your not a realist, your just an overly noisy elitist with an opinion. A shitty opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Payback View Post
    No.

If you piss off heroic raiders and they all leave, Blizzards income drops by about 1%, if you piss off LFR raids and they leave, Blizzards income drops by about 40%

Its called Fiduciary Duty, directors of a business have the legal duty to act in the best interests of the shareholders, ie. make as much money as possible.
    LFR is a feature in a vast open game. It is not a specific group of players. Just want to set that straight. Also, to your second point: Does that make it right? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Or to paraphrase,

Why do highly-skilled players think that there should be content that 98% of the players, who pay to develop all the content, shouldn't see?

How about this. Charge an additional $250/mo for access to current tier heroic instances. Then the elite really will be paying their way, or at least more than 2% of it.
    Or make one difficulty and offer it to everyone. Lack of social skills, ineptitude in the simplest of functions, and zero effort is the reason 2% of the playerbase sees something. Blizzard wasn't preventing anyone from seeing anything back in the day.

This.

Bliz could get away with it when the competition sucked, now that are a handful of respectable competitors, it cant. People wont put up with only getting a fraction of the experience for a full subscription, and Blizzard know this. If it comes to the crunch, Blizzard will ditch heroic raiding, and spend the time saved developing content for casual players, because there are more casual players, and keeping their subscription matters a lot more.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why shouldnt players who are better than you and put in more effort/skill into something not be better rewarded? Is this such a distasteful concept?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

There is no hate. Topic is: Why doesn't people want to learn instead of wanting to learn? Would you receive welfare IRL or work a good job?
    this a game. 95% of people that play this game are casuals. blizzard knows this and thats why they do these modes. people don't have time to raid. hell I read twice a week for 3 hours those nights and I barely have time. RL gets in the way. its just called facts. hardcore content is dead. the sooner you accept this the sooner you can enjoy the game again or just quit

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you were a realist you would realize that without LFR you would get less raid content less often. Your not a realist, your just an overly noisy elitist with an opinion. A shitty opinion.
    What is the quantified difference in content release prior to LFR and content released post LFR? I don't know what it is but I bet the development time is the same, and not that large of an increase for content being put out. Blizzard just posted some PR bullshit explanation for that.

Deleted
    Mmm...the arrogant elitist is STRONG with this one. The only people *demanding* stuff are 'charming and lovely' folks like you who go 'AMAJFGAJAG WHY U DO IT! I WANNA BE SPESHUL SNAOWFLAEK! ME want stand in *insert city here* Showing off mah epics! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!'

So shush, its a game for everyone not just a limited few percent.