Quote Originally Posted by Payback View Post
    There isn't the slightest chance of it happening in any case, it would make even less sense than the current setup from a business perspective. Spend a lot of money developing content that even the majority of raiders wont get to see? The reason heroic raiders get their heroic raids is because they share the same artwork (which is the expensive bit) as the normal and more particularly the LFR raid which is where the bulk of the subscriptions are. There isn't the slightest chance of spending a lot of money developing new artwork for a subset of raiders, which is already a small subset of subscriptions. That is why heroic armour is a recolor of normal and LFR armour now, because its a minor cost which allows heroic raiding to happen.

Heroic raiders need to get real, they are not target audience for the game, if they can be supported at minimal cost to broaden the appear of the game, well and good, but there isn't the slightest chance of Blizz spending vast sums of money on making content for small groups of players any more, the world has moved on, there is too much competition now and players expect to get value for their money or will move. If anything it is likely in future that blizz will reduce raiding content, and increase heroic dungeon level content because that includes a larger selection of the player base.
    CMs and the largest heroic raiding expansion ever says otherwise. We are quite literally still being catered too. The heroic player base is an important minority and blizzard knows that.

So I'll collect my exclusive mounts/ Kill my exclusive bosses/ and do what I do in my insanely superior gear. Because you guessed it. You get sloppy watered down 2nds. We get the real content and game.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-04 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    So a game should be a job? That's rather stupid.
    Because I quit raiding because I no longer want to be bothered by "having to play" and arranging all that crap, why would I not be entitled to see content I pay for? And progress my character. It's not on par with heroic raiders, but it's still progress.
    Hey, genius. You're paying to access the world. Not to see everything. Notice the difference? This is not a movie theatre. That is the fucking entitlement problem the OP is on about. Thanks for proving his point.

And it has nothing to do with being a job. This is a game. I know people that scratch their balls while topping meters in heroic content. Don't mix up "being good" with "working hard at it". It's not work, it's simply sitting down, using your brain for 5 minutes and doing the right decisions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    And again someone who does not understand it: You do not pay for seeing and experiencing content and obtaining gear. You pay for being able to log into the game. How hard is it to understand that?
    If all I got for $15/month was the ability to log into a game, I'd save my $15 and just log into my computer at home for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Why do they?

If you are a terrible player who has no chance to ever get into a raiding guild or pug normal modes, why do you expect to see raid content? Thats the reason LFR was implemented but WHY do terribads demand content just for them? LFR was made to see content, but why did Blizzard do so?

I just don't understand how hard can it be to read up on your class for 1 hour, ask a better player for tips and then improve yourself to get into raiding...

I think WoW is going down the toilet if something isn't done soon to stop catering to the majority. Dont get me wrong, im fine with catering to casuals, but not like this. Not this way with giving welfare "special" content just for them rather than incentive to improve your gaming skills.

I've been there, clueless. I learned, asked better players. I've been high rated in PvP and raided top PvE content but we ALL started on the bottom some time. Why cant those who run LFR do the same?
    Another insipid thread created by the same guy...

Hello mods anyone there? or you need more eyeballs to the site and let it be?

Utter rubbish, there is not one post from Blizzard that suggests this is the case, this elistist wishful thinking tbh.
    So where does Blizzard state, that you're paying for experiencing the content and getting gear on a silver platter? Please, show me where they said that.

If it was like that, every player would be presented with a personal loot stash at the end of the instance in lfr which contains every best in slot item. Because that's what you pay for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Given the fact that they're in the vast minority it seems more like the anti LFR crowd are the ones playing the wrong game for them.

5% of the players trying to dictate to the other 95% what they should be doing and enjoying. Makes total sense. Maybe they should just suck it up and accept that the game isn't as hardcore as they wish it was.
    Maybe you should go see a movie. That's one thing you pay to see the whole content for. Not a video game.

World of Warcraft is a game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You can improve your game and win more often. World of Warcraft is not a game where you get everything served, cause if it was it wouldn't be a game anymore, it would be a movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utter rubbish, there is not one post from Blizzard that suggests this is the case, this elistist wishful thinking tbh.

You pay for the experience, like going to the theatre or watching a film, after every performance (month) you get to decide if you want to pay for the next month, end of.
    Buying the expansion is when you pay for the content. You don't get any extra content for continuously paying the sub. Someone can jump in at the last patch of an expansion, pay for only 1 month and have access to all the content from the previous patches.

Heck, they give out free game time to old customers. They can go through all the same content without paying a dime.

You don't even own your characters, you are leasing them from Blizzard.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-04 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If all I got for $15/month was the ability to log into a game, I'd save my $15 and just log into my computer at home for free.
    And then you'd do what... open and close folders for fun? :P

And again someone who does not understand it: You do not pay for seeing and experiencing content and obtaining gear. You pay for being able to log into the game. How hard is it to understand that?
    Care to provide us with a quote from a blue explaining this, because I call bullshit, there is nothing that says this is the case except wishful thinking.

Care to provide us with a quote from a blue explaining this, because I call bullshit, there is nothing that says this is the case except wishful thinking.
    Do you even know what a game is about? Do you understand the concept of video games? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Aquamonkey said what I was going to. You're not paying $15 a month for anything but the ability to access the content you paid for through expansions / base game. The $15/month (Just like Aqua said) could be done in one period if you so wished.

How many threads pop up asking for the removal of LFR compared to those asking for removal of normal or heroic ?

Yeah, the argument is dead in the water.
    The only ones feeling entitled are the elitists asking for removal of content that is below their standards.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And then you'd do what... open and close folders for fun? :P
    Spend another year playing Civilization, NetHack, Angband....

Realistically, people should expect that without ridiculous effort (like putting a child up for adoption or changing jobs so that you can accommodate a raiding schedule) you can do the stuff you see on the box.

Deleted
    So where does Blizzard state, that you're paying for experiencing the content and getting gear on a silver platter? Please, show me.
    The gear that has a "Raid Finder" tag and is less powerful than what drops in a normal raid.
    Silver platter? Have you run LFR? You're lucky to get one item out of all the wings combined.

We pay Blizzard to provide us with content we can play casually and enjoy, that content just happens to be LFR. HOW DOES THAT NOT MAKE SENSE TO YOU?
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-07-04 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    Answer to the OP: Because some people play this game for fun (shocking concept, I know ;P) and do not treat it as a second job.

Hey, genius. You're paying to access the world. Not to see everything. Notice the difference? This is not a movie theatre. That is the fucking entitlement problem the OP is on about. Thanks for proving his point.

And it has nothing to do with being a job. This is a game. I know people that scratch their balls while topping meters in heroic content. Don't mix up "being good" with "working hard at it". It's not work, it's simply sitting down, using your brain for 5 minutes and doing the right decisions.
    Multiple rank 1s. Hardly tried. /yawn

Is it Argus expac yet?

speaking of which I can farm H 13/13 ToT faster then an LFR group can clear 12/12 LFR. But I have a life so I prefer to heroic raid over LFR. Hilarious I know

Maybe you should go see a movie. That's one thing you pay to see the whole content for. Not a video game.
    Guess what, my time is MINE, and unless you're paying me for it you have no say over how I spend it and I have absolutely no obligation to justify my decisions about that to you. Whatever I decide makes absolutely no real difference to you, so stop trying to be so controlling of other people and their choices, I'm sure you'd be unhappy if others did the same to you.

Besides which if every casual player took your advice and spent their sub money on the movies instead of giving it to Blizzard exactly how much heroic content do you think you'd be getting on their 95% reduced budget? I find it hard to see why feeling special is more important than actually having something to do, or how you'd be able to feel special if there was no raid content at all because it wasn't well enough funded/supported by subs.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-07-04 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Why do so many people care of Joe Shmoe gets epic loots and sees raids? I could care less what you see or what you have as long as I get to enjoy the game as well.
    As long as there is still personal enjoyment involved there is no problem.

Consider the following however, Joe Shmoe constantly bugs the cake vendor to get more cake. Every time Joe Shmoe is admitted more cake, he sees that he gets what he wants if he insists long enough and thus demands even more next time. This can be iterated a lot of times (and it surely was for WoW) before it finally reaches the point where it has an influence on all the other people who would've also liked some cake - but now it's all Joe Shmoe's cake.

Or in other words, things can only be dumped down so often before the fun inevitably starts going away for everyone and the game becomes dull.

All games have different difficulty levels, why shouldn't WoW?