Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I'd vote for this kid.

http://www.upworthy.com/a-12-year-ol...tical-genius-4

I could see this kid doing something important with his life.

Kids are smart. But that kid is pretty awesome, I'd vote for him too.

nice to see uncorrupted people in the middle east/africa not brain washed by extremism and thinking women are worthless, be great if someone with those views could get into power and change things over there.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is one smart, well-educated, and moral kid. Bravo.

Too bad you wouldn't be able to vote for him, or at least you wouldn't get enough other people to vote for him for it to matter. In the political environment, he'd be out-competed by the corrupt sociopaths that are a dime a dozen there already, and to compete with them he needs to become just as corrupt and sociopathic himself.

But I guess as long as he's a kid he can remain someone we'd like to vote for, even if no person like that would ever make it into a position where they could realistically win elections that matter. Bravo indeed.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

how do we know that the text matches what is said

his hair looks douchey
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    He seems really interested in politics, and the rights of population and the mixing of religion with politics.

Obviously we can't be 100% sure this isn't scripted, but i'd be inclined to say he actually knows what he is speaking about - child geniuses or those with an accomplished viewpoint aren't that rare.

A shame he'll be killed with a bullet to the back of the head if attempted to do this when he becomes a man (If certain groups would have a say in matters...)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty shocking, I'd vote for that kid in a second. He's got a better handle on Egypt than the people running it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    his hair looks douchey
    I'm noticing a lot of people think that styled hair = douchey. Thus bad.

Would hate to see what your hair looks like if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by britteep View Post
    Is there reasonable doubt that justifies this question?

Anyway: More power to this kid. And the internet, which seems to be replacing schools across the world.

Yeah, chew on that irony.

Utterly outstanding for the kid to know that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arayaa View Post
    Utterly outstanding for the kid to know that much.
    You'd be surprised how much kids can know if you don't treat them like idiots because of their age.

Sucks that he's likely going to end up dead before he can help anything.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Quote Originally Posted by britteep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stir
    Is there reasonable doubt that justifies this question?
    They cleaned it up a little in the transcription, just to help with flow. Otherwise its nearly word for word what he's saying. Some of the words don't translate perfectly, or more to concepts than actual words, but the main point of what he is saying is there. Basically, the audio matches the transcription. Its not exact word for word, but its pretty damn close.

this is one of those "Hitler find out _____________" videos right? where we edit the text of what is said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PatB View Post
    this is one of those "Hitler find out _____________" videos right? where we edit the text of what is said.
    Nope. As I said above, its a completely solid translation/transcription. Its almost word for word what he's saying.

Quote Originally Posted by DestroDoc View Post
    They cleaned it up a little in the transcription, just to help with flow. Otherwise its nearly word for word what he's saying. Some of the words don't translate perfectly, or more to concepts than actual words, but the main point of what he is saying is there. Basically, the audio matches the transcription. Its not exact word for word, but its pretty damn close.
    Basically, a good translation then? As someone bilingual, I've seen my fair share of translations where the translator did a literal exact word-for-word translation instead of translating the meaning, and the end product was gibberish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The kid seems to believe that the world can be made better. Good for him!
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Basically, a good translation then? As someone bilingual, I've seen my fair share of translations where the translator did a literal exact word-for-word translation instead of translating the meaning, and the end product was gibberish.
    Yessir. Its pretty close. Obviously, like you said, if you just go word for word, the end product ends up a little ridiculous sounding. Arabic is pretty bad about that if you just do a literal translation when going into English, because our grammar and sentence structure is pretty different. That being said, they're not adding content, and its a solid translation.