Addon announcement at gamescom?

Blizzard is going to do a media conference at gamesom.

The invitation sounds like that:

»Wir planen eine spezielle Ankündigung, die für Aufruhr sorgen könnte in den Hohen Himmeln, den Brennenden Höllen – und anderen düsteren Orten, die dazwischen liegen.«

in english: "We are planning a special announcement, which will possibly be causing an uproar in the heights of heaven, the burning hell - and every dark place in between."

21. August 2013 11:30-12:30 german time.

Quote Originally Posted by luxz View Post
    Blizzard is going to do a media conference at gamesom.

The invitation sounds like that:

»Wir planen eine spezielle Ankündigung, die für Aufruhr sorgen könnte in den Hohen Himmeln, den Brennenden Höllen – und anderen düsteren Orten, die dazwischen liegen.«

in english: "We are planning a special announcement, which will possibly be causing an uproar in the heights of heaven, the burning hell - and every dark place in between."

21. August 2013 11:30-12:30 german time.
    Source or very untrue.

Deleted
    I'm really curious on how they will solve the current overgearing of content in the next expansion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Source or very untrue.
    It's true, but too lazy to look for source now...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nowhere in that quote does it mention addons (unless translation is wrong), so what's up with thread title?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Nowhere in that quote does it mention addons (unless translation is wrong), so what's up with thread title?
    That's just speculation. I've also read they want present the console version of D3

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I think he means Expansion pack.

Addon's wont wont 100%. If it does I would be very suprised.

Diablo3 is so hard-coded its stupid. They can barely change anything about it, without its a big task. Just take a look at commas, or simple UI changes like buffes...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    I guess the OPs german, where Expansion Packs are usually referred to as Addons.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    I guess the OPs german, where Expansion Packs are usually referred to as Addons.
    Hehe, that seems to be the case
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Source: http://www.gamespot.com//news/blizza...escom-6412292?

The news comes from an invitation sent to media today that reads, "We're making a special announcement that's sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells, and all the shadowed places that lie between."

The event itself will take place on the first day of Gamescom, August 21, at 11:30 a.m. local time.
    Gamescom takes place August 21-25 in Cologne, Germany.
    GameSpot will be on-hand at the event.

Blizzard Entertainment has a number of projects in the pipeline, including Diablo III for consoles, Blizzard All-Stars, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void, and a next-generation MMO, in addition to continued support for World of Warcraft.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    DiabloFans: Well then, about the itemization patch: are there any new features that you’re planning, but haven’t announced yet?

Josh Mosqueira: Well, yes and we won’t be announcing them right now. I will say that we have really cool things planned and between now and BlizzCon you're going to be getting more and more information about what exactly’s coming down the pipe in terms of Diablo 3, patches and other really cool things that at this moment we need to be very vague about.

i also believe that addon in this case is a new xpac. I wouldnt mind if it was addons as in mods. There is many things i would like different. Like another hud. Larger health bar with numbers. In a better location.

Even something that would make a sound when something dropped. Like rings and amulets. Altho, this would be more of a cheat i guess

Quote Originally Posted by von Richthofen View Post
    Source: http://www.gamespot.com//news/blizza...escom-6412292?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    DiabloFans: Well then, about the itemization patch: are there any new features that you’re planning, but haven’t announced yet?

Josh Mosqueira: Well, yes and we won’t be announcing them right now. I will say that we have really cool things planned and between now and BlizzCon you're going to be getting more and more information about what exactly’s coming down the pipe in terms of Diablo 3, patches and other really cool things that at this moment we need to be very vague about.
    all is read from just those letter is : YOLO WE SOLD 12 MILLION COPYS so we dont give a fck about you anymore

but i think its just my imagination
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    what sort of addons would the community like to see?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Loot alert and some better dps tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    We don't want to see addons. We want to see the addon API. We'll develop all the addons ourselves.

Powerauras addons might be nice, but they are not actually needed. Also I don't think that ingame interface should be changed because it will affect the game atmosphere.

Combat addons dont make a lot of sense in d3.

So we have just 3 types of addons:

1) Stats calculator addon which will allow you to play with items/stats in the game, calculating the dps for you.

2) Stats weight addon. Pretty simple addon that will show the value of an item based by predifined(by you) stat weight. A number between 0 and 9 will be added to an item description. Additional functionality might be to hide items with a curtain stat weight, including grey-white-blue items as their stat weight is always zero.

3) Auction house addon with some simple fuctionality - a) saving search templates b) Searching items based on their stat weight or at least adding stat weight column to the search result.

Will it ever happen? No. Blizzard will never implement anything like this. It requires a lot of work to implement the api and then fix all the bugs they added to the game with it. Blizzard is still developing

Is it possible to implement something like this using third-party software? Definitely. Tell me if you came across any implementations of such tools.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    We don't want to see addons. We want to see the addon API. We'll develop all the addons ourselves.

Powerauras addons might be nice, but they are not actually needed. Also I don't think that ingame interface should be changed because it will affect the game atmosphere.

Combat addons dont make a lot of sense in d3.

So we have just 3 types of addons:

1) Stats calculator addon which will allow you to play with items/stats in the game, calculating the dps for you.

2) Stats weight addon. Pretty simple addon that will show the value of an item based by predifined(by you) stat weight. A number between 0 and 9 will be added to an item description. Additional functionality might be to hide items with a curtain stat weight, including grey-white-blue items as their stat weight is always zero.

3) Auction house addon with some simple fuctionality - a) saving search templates b) Searching items based on their stat weight or at least adding stat weight column to the search result.

Will it ever happen? No. Blizzard will never implement anything like this. It requires a lot of work to implement the api and then fix all the bugs they added to the game with it. Blizzard is still developing

Is it possible to implement something like this using third-party software? Definitely. Tell me if you came across any implementations of such tools.
    Guys, we're talking about expansion packs. In Germany, we also call them addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Guys, we're talking about expansion packs. In Germany, we also call them addons.
    So do we. Why not to discuss the possibility of adding addons in the next expansion?

There is no real reason to discuss the new expansion announcement, right? We knew that it will be developed even before the d3 itself was released.
    Much more interesting question is what will be inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    all is read from just those letter is : YOLO WE SOLD 12 MILLION COPYS so we dont give a fck about you anymore

but i think its just my imagination
    Well, at least he realizes it.